• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerry1594

Guy (if not Guy Maki) - Fan of him since final fight, would like to see him return in a game with a better juggle system so he can get his SFA3 combos back.. Unfortunately Ken got a run v-skill so I don't know what they'd give Guy for a v-skill..
Cody - Can't have Guy without Cody.
Yun - main from SF4, though not a big concern for me if he doesn't return..
Why would you expect Yun. I think people have had enough of him these past 16 years. Fuck that

Why would you expect Yun. I think people have had enough of him these past 16 years. Fuck that
nws asked who we wanted,not who we expect.. Plus Yun is fine in USF4 (unless you are Dhalism) compared to his previous versions (and if you don't know the match up by now not his fault), and Yun has been in more games than a decent amount of SF characters so he's somewhat popular (including CvS2).

So FGCGaf, assuming the files in the PC version of SFV (Alex, Urien, Balrog, Juri, Ibuki, Guile) are the 6 DLC characters for next year, what are three other DLC characters you'd like to see in SFV?

I'll start:

Sagat - Iconic and fun to play
Hakan - 2nd best SF4 addition and I feel oil stuff has potential to be cool V-Skill/Trigger
Q - Cool character and very strategic to play. Maybe V-Skill could be focus+SF3 taunt power?
Q - Coolest 3S character for sure. Improvements could actually make him viable in tournaments and V-skill/Trigger would make for some pretty neat gameplay ideas with him in particular.

Cody - Basically hits all the same marks as Q for me, but in the Alpha series. I'd love to see a cuff-less mode that finally legitimizes that whole "cuffs are off and I'm going to kill everyone" angle for Cody.

Ingrid - Blonde, female and full of trolling/controversy potential? She checks all the boxes for making big waves like Karin and Mika. This choice isn't so much for me or America as it is Japan. We took their SF away from arcades so we can afford to throw them some bones. Also, we need a character that can fully wear a Kula Diamond palette.

So FGCGaf, assuming the files in the PC version of SFV (Alex, Urien, Balrog, Juri, Ibuki, Guile) are the 6 DLC characters for next year, what are three other DLC characters you'd like to see in SFV?

I'll start:

Hakan - 2nd best SF4 addition and I feel oil stuff has potential to be cool V-Skill/Trigger
Q - Cool character and very strategic to play. Maybe V-Skill could be focus+SF3 taunt power?

Necro - Honestly wouldn't play him, but he could be a cool character in this game so why not? I would like to see him with these graphics too.
Q - Because Qistoptier would want him
Cody - A fan favorite

I'm a man of the people.

I'll start:

Honestly, if we are getting Juri, the only character left that I could possibly care about is Akuma. Bison, Sim, Juri, and Akuma are the four characters I am interested in.

So Red Bull released a interview with Xian a few days ago. They touch on many topics but the one that caught my eye the most was his stance on gatekeeping. At first he said he avoided going to some rank events because he didn't want to take away other peoples chances to get points. Then his motivation changes and he wants to go to everything and try to take away as many points as possible because his friend and teammate Gackt is on the borderline of getting into Capcom Cup and can no longer travel anymore to try and improve his point standing. What a friend!

http://www.redbull.com/us/en/esport...n-s-motivations-to-win-on-the-capcom-pro-tour

onionfrog

I'm pretty happy with the list of 6 datamined characters from the beta.

I'd also like to see:
1. Makoto. I really dig her aesthetic and she is fun as hell to play, I want to RTSD!
2. Gouken (or Gouken's daugter) Whichever, I just want someone who uses Gouken's moveset.
3. Sakura. With a default outfit that's not a schoolgirl uniform.
I aint eem gonna answer the question cause y'all already know what it is
Deejay
Elena
????

Who would your third be, count?

Kumubou

I'm pretty sure this was a misunderstanding on their part. Apparently it's about the beta for Battleborn, which was immediately mentioned after the end of the Tekken 7 segment at the Paris Games Week press conference (and does, in fact, have an exclusive beta on PS4). So it's most likely a dumb error (as I've seen a couple of people make the same mistake... and wouldn't an exclusive beta been mentioned in the press release?)

Horseress

Probably need him to lead season 2.. You know a ton of people will pop back on SFV just to play Akuma..

Yeah, that's my guess too

Man I hope Urien is the first DLC character, I need to

ChariotTackle.gif

some fools ASAP

Yeah, that's my guess too

Man I hope Urien is the first DLC character, I need to

ChariotTackle.gif

some fools ASAP
Yah, me too. I think the first 2-3 will probably be 3rd strike characters seeing that they did not make the cut in the vanilla roster.. But then is it Alex or Urien first?
please be Urien

jerry1594

nws asked who we wanted,not who we expect.. Plus Yun is fine in USF4 (unless you are Dhalism) compared to his previous versions (and if you don't know the match up by now not his fault), and Yun has been in more games than a decent amount of SF characters so he's somewhat popular (including CvS2).
Nvm, read the Yun part wrong. My bad.

Wtf. I totally respect you wanting lots of black characters, but Fei Long?

Why no Dudley?
I always go for the Bruce Lee incarnations tbh. I always go for Lui Kang and Marshall/Forest Law too.
Play Kazunoko if I win my first match at Canada Cup.

Also have Smug in my pool. LOL.
rip in piece
Hmm, could've added her in addition to Decapre, haha
doesn't she use a staff?
Where brackets am
http://challonge.com/CC2015_USF4_F1 you play Riceata if you win your first match :/, you also got Momochi in there just in case you think you have a chance :/
She's Viet Count is always thinkin she's black.
she has the right amount of melanin tbh

Also, I play PR Rog if I win my first match.

time to gate keep

So Akuma is Haitan then. :E

nah he just burnt

I would prefer the team to move on to a different game or make 3 new characters but for returning, Dudley, Yang and Hakan I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom