• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

Fresh Prince of Bell Air is my shit.

If you didn't shed a single manly tear at "why he don't want me?" scene then you aren't human.

Why didn't anyone tell me Japanese 3DS cartridges are not compatible withe US 3DS?! I wanted to play Picross 3D-2!!! Didn't you Otaku know that?!

Super bummed!

bruh, how have you not heard about nintendo's region locking

??? Where have you been. People have been crying about this shit since the DSi

I didn't know! I imported the 1st picross and some other DS carts. I didn't know they added region lock to the 3DS system! Should have asked my parents for another box of Tokyo Banana instead..... :( I was going to ask for a fight stick there but didn't want my folks lugging that thing around.

Edit; Quickly googling through all the issues people have and what people go through to get stuff region locked means I will probably scratch this purchase as a loss. Its not worth trying to go through all that stuff. I will enjoy my Japanese treats and take this as a learning lesson or purchase a Japanese 3DS when I visit.

I really hope they bring Picross 3D-2 to the states!

Edit2: The lead scripter has a Japanese 3DS and will let me borrow it indefinitely (bought it for some games he is now finished with). Hazaa!

petghost

Banned
Of course he and James Chen aren't going to be happy.

Dude I dno if you can mash a button multiple times and get it to come out on the frame it's supposed to you've gone from being a light execution game to one where the input buffer system is strange as fuck. I can see that causing more problems than just having easy combos.

kirblar

Dude I dno if you can mash a button multiple times and get it to come out on the frame it's supposed to you've gone from being a light execution game to one where the input buffer system is strange as fuck. I can see that causing more problems than just having easy combos.
Double-tapping's been a thing in other games. It's not a big deal.

I think you can do j.HP, cl.HP, HP Shoryu, Super with Ryu in SF4 by churning the butter and mashing HP. It comes out every time I try it but maybe I'm some sort of mash maestro.

I think you can do j.HP, cl.HP, HP Shoryu, Super with Ryu in SF4 by churning the butter and mashing HP. It comes out every time I try it but maybe I'm some sort of mash maestro.

Well yeah, and since on top of negative edge and the more lenient buffer they did the same shit as in SFIV again where you can get a DP without ever pressing forward, mashing from cr.LP/HP works just as well in SFV.

Oh yeah, negative edge. Forgot that was a thing. Yeah it was probably that.

I don't know how common it is, but for characters with specials that overlap the same motion but use different buttons, you need to hold the button down to make sure you don't get the wrong move to come out when you cancel the normal because specials trigger on negative edge.

It's the only way I could reliably do Yang's c.MK xx rekkas in 3s without getting qcf+mk, just press and hold MK til you see the rekka come out.

Kumubou

I think that's just a byproduct of the input buffer -- if you could consistently mash at 20hz, you could guarantee yourself that the input would fall somewhere in the buffer. Thankfully, mashing that hard on a single input is pretty damn unheard of. However, even if you're going at 10hz or so, that means that mashed inputs will fall within the window about half the time (and would still work almost every time with negative edge).

Now with the button buffer, I wonder how smart of an idea it is to have negative edge in the game (or if negative edge does -- or should -- have that buffer applied).

HardRojo

This was a funny set. Tipsy Mago is funny in an Infiltration funny kind of way.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE1QVcyANiE
Edit: By the way I used to lurk the FGW threads and would post at rare times, then I decided to start posting more frequently and the thread was moved to community, which made me forget about that, but I guess I'll start posting more now. So basically what I'm trying to say is Hi :p I'm from Peru, like gutabo who usually posts here and is a friend of mine IRL.

Nightii

Banned
ryu's fun to use in smash. i should play this game more . . . . .

how good is ryu?
Pretty damn good, definitely high tier.

His style is unique and it defies the Smash Community standard of only being acceptably good if you are an hypermobile speedster (think Marvel community's common view on what "real Marvel" is), which makes him a lot of fun.

ryu's fun to use in smash. i should play this game more . . . . .

how good is ryu?
Strong, but definitely top 5 in difficulty of use in Smash. Look up Trela to see what he can do.

I've put way too much thought into what customs Ryu should have. So much thought, in fact, that I could accuse myself of being a hypocrite towards my stance on theoryfighting.
I made a forum post of theoretical Mewtwo customs.

smash has the best version of ryu because you no longer have to do those obtuse motions for his moves anymore

tumblr_nx7rqepJ3s1sl7gimo1_1280.jpg

Dahbomb

Sigma from GAF just gave me a heads up on this. Apparently he saw out in the wild a packaging of male enhancement pills with Street Fighter characters (Ryu and Chun Li) having sexual intercourse. I looked it up and it's definitely legit though it's written in Japanese.

*NSFW WARNING*

http://beachpackagingdesign.com/boxvox/tag/packaging/page/11

Scroll all the way to the bottom.

This was out in the open at a retail store. He send me the image of a photo he took to confirm.

mbpm1

Sigma from GAF just gave me a heads up on this. Apparently he saw out in the wild a packaging of male enhancement pills with Street Fighter characters (Ryu and Chun Li) having sexual intercourse. I looked it up and it's definitely legit though it's written in Japanese.

*NSFW WARNING*

This was out in the open at a retail store. He send me the image of a photo he took to confirm.

ChunRyu confirmed?

*NSFW WARNING*

Text doesn't look Japanese to me, but I'm no expert.

Anyways, Japan has a lot of sex products with copyrighted characters on the box.

But I'm no expert.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom