• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripon

There are many reasons why the thread has become slow.

1. People left the thread because they deemed community thread as bad thing for some odd reasons.

2. Some posters has become more active in fighting threads

3. Tripon's Weekend Fighting Tournament Threads.
I only make the tournament threads so we have a place to talk about on gaming. But fair enough.

Speaking of tournament threads though, who wants to make the Capcom Cup thread for that week?

now you don't have to choose between keyboard and joystick controls
7paYckm.jpg

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I only make the tournament threads so we have a place to talk about on gaming. But fair enough.

Speaking of tournament threads though, who wants to make the Capcom Cup thread for that week?

Not saying that it's wrong but it's one of few big reasons why this thread became slow. If you gather all posts counts from last 4 weeks, then you could see a huge difference.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Finally loaded for me. Kinda weird that it's in Vegas (no surprise) but no hotel or location info provided. Good trailer, and now you don't have to watch Marvel at Canada Cup for it kappa

Yeah they have dates so they obviously have a venue, maybe they're still working out room deals or something.

C'mon Caesar's Palace!

PR Rog really hurt himself with that washed up/retired phase before CEO. Lost out on half the year. I think he's much better than guys like Misse and Dark Jiewa who are getting in through farming points but it is what it is.

I'm with Beef, who cares. People post when they post.

Somebody should go audit those old weekly threads and see how many posts were actually on topic, and not about cereal or something :)

I had some booberry right now. It's alright.

I missed CC cause of walking dead. Hope they get it up fast.

Tripon

PR Rog really hurt himself with that washed up/retired phase before CEO. Lost out on half the year. I think he's much better than guys like Misse and Dark Jiewa who are getting in through farming points but it is what it is.
Misse won the Taiwan major where a bunch of Japanese players like Shiro, Tonpy, Storm Kubo, Gonzales madd the trip, and also RB entered. Gamerbee did have to drop out at the last second due to being the main TO.

Dark Jiewa I agree with. He won the weakest ranking event of the year Abudget Cup, but that should show players in his region to travel to Indonesia next time.

K.Sabot

Makes me wonder about DoA on steam. The no modding thing, I wonder if that was an empty threat or not.

I dunno, that game seemed to make a decent profit on PC just from sales. I'd say they're likely to release more DoA games on PC in the future, just not day and date with consoles. I think putting PC with Consoles on the same date ( and not a year later) would severely harm their DLC sales.

honestly I forget to check this thread sometimes but I wasn't a frequent poster or anything. Part of the reason is that I never go into community really and don't sub any threads.

Misse won the Taiwan major where a bunch of Japanese players like Shiro, Tonpy, Storm Kubo, Gonzales madd the trip, and also RB entered. Gamerbee did have to drop out at the last second due to being the main TO.

Dark Jiewa I agree with. He won the weakest ranking event of the year Abudget Cup, but that should show players in his region to travel to Indonesia next time.

That tournament is fairly weak compared to other CPT events. I think PR Rog's top 8 at CEO and EVO is more impressive. He beat Xiao Hai, Mago, Strider, Fuudo, Kazunoko, Valmaster. IMO their two track records show PR Rog has a better chance against the true heavy hitters at big time events.

but yeah, props to Dark Jiewa, Shiro, and the other guys who are getting in with a bunch of points from weaker tournaments. It's smart. Next year people really need to go to the events like Call of Ragnorak and what not.

That tournament is fairly weak compared to other CPT events. I think PR Rog's top 8 at CEO and EVO is more impressive. He beat Xiao Hai, Mago, Strider, Fuudo, Kazunoko, Valmaster. IMO their two track records show PR Rog has a better chance against the true heavy hitters at big time events.

but yeah, props to Dark Jiewa, Shiro, and the other guys who are getting in with a bunch of points from weaker tournaments. It's smart. Next year people really need to go to the events like Call of Ragnorak and what not.

well its Americans fault for not traveling lol.

So what I'm getting from this is that PC players just don't want to participate in betas ever again.
I'm pretty used to it because of other community threads. :p
I thought I'd be used to it since I almost exclusively post in them. I'm surprised tbh
dTVKL.gif

i'm only giving u crap, beef :p i dont actually think that

I'm more offended that you used a gif of that nerd Daniel Bryan. He doesn't even own a TV, you know.

Tripon

Everyone knows the structure of how the ranking events and premier events and how they distributed points before hand. It was Rog choice to not go to ranking events like Texas Showdown, Combo Breaker, Northwest Majors, The Fall Classic or Summerjam or First Attack.

All of those tournaments were in America or the North American region and only Texas Showdown and First Attack had a player like Infiltration gatekeeping. Every other ranking event features local American players.

The fact is that Rog didn't win a tournament this year. That's on him.

No need to bring down Misse or Jiewa or anybody elae accomplishments to pump up Rog.

Everyone knows the structure of how the ranking events and premier events and how they distributed points before hand. It was Rog choice to not go to ranking events like Texas Showdown, Combo Breaker, Northwest Majors, The Fall Classic or Summerjam or First Attack.

All of those tournaments were in America or the North American region and only Texas Showdown and First Attack had a player like Infiltration gatekeeping. Every other ranking event features local American players.

No need to bring down Misse or Jiewa or anybody elae accomplishments to pump up Rog.

That's what I said, it's on him. Unfortunate but reality.

Astarte

Voice Actress Matsuki Miyu passed away recently. She voiced Hisui in Melty Blood. :(

>私、この病気が治ったら、本気で婚活するんだ…!
>When I get better, I'll work hard toward getting married...!

Fuck

petghost

Banned
doing it right! tv is the opiate of the people. twitch streams is where conscious people spend their time

slightly unrelated but i been watching non fighting game streams for the first time and jesus the people that stream variety games are like the most boring, unfunny people imaginable. that isnt weird on its own i guess but what is strange is that people throw fucking money at them...

mbpm1

slightly unrelated but i been watching non fighting game streams for the first time and jesus the people that stream variety games are like the most boring, unfunny people imaginable. that isnt weird on its own i guess but what is strange is that people throw fucking money at them...

Variety games?

rookiejet

what's taste?!! i don't judge really

pixelish

heebygb is the best stream. you should check it out.

Shouta

Rog was at NWM. He got beat by Air and Fawwaz in Top 16. That was actually when he decided to come back from what I recall but work kept him from traveling a lot, I think.

jerry1594

I get some lonely people giving them a few bucks but people straight up one upping each other with huge donations is insanity to me, unless the donators are from Bahrain or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom