• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's my excuse for playing Evil Ryu.

Kappa

okay-agreeing-approval-smile-Eddie-Murphy-I-Spy-GIF.gif

What if Deejay ended up being top tier. what would yall say then hmm

Numb

You have to stop ST then. SJ is legitimately solid in that game, being one of the few characters to not have a horrible time against Claw, for that matter.

Going back in time to nerf him.
Never thought about it but wouldn't mind him in SFV and is actually better than before. Can't see it tho. That was a dumb question. But would 100% main a fellow country member in a fighter no matter how bad they are in my case.

i know you were at the tourney in person so you prob didn't watch the stream but go look for the salty suite vod at nycfurby's twitch channel and watch the last 15 minutes of it.

I was at the salty suite, they MM'd for $20 off stream in the other room.

Kitasenju essentially choked the first 3 matches then Smug bopped him the last 2. I was going to record it but didn't have enough space on my phone.

Anne

Don't mikado stream that shit like daily? What more could you ask for its like having a daily sf stream from taito station

Pretty much. If you want anime content you're gonna rely on Japan a lot. The different anime scenes should be doing more with streaming and junk in NA but reasons.

Holy cow Urien is for real? Man.... I can't wait!

Reading the Sim breakdown, they touched everything I thought they would do for Sim: Float (flight) but maybe not the kind of sentinal toe tapping I wanted and safer drills (still not sure if they combo). But what I didn't expect was change of space control especially with his fireball and normals. He has lobbish fireball and super, and that Necro stretchy antiair. Only the EX fireball goes horizontal(?) which effect teleport mixups. Speaking of mixups, the teleport doesn't cross up full screen anymore and sounds like his standing LK isn't a good fast keepaway button anymore.

Everything sounds like Air OK in terms of his specials and super and the float is maybe faster than walking? I dunno. Sim sounds like he is much more different with floating movement and air/anti-air a priority than standing your ground and maintaining spacing.

Numb

Pretty much. If you want anime content you're gonna rely on Japan a lot. The different anime scenes should be doing more with streaming and junk in NA but reasons.

More excited for Japanese Skullgirls than i thought.
Sonicfox is cool and all but wanna see more sometimes.

Rhapsody

Banned
I'm not expecting a whole lot out of it competitively tbh. Would be cool to be proven wrong though.

Same. Hoping that we see something like Leisureland arcade playing it. You have those small dedicated groups of strong players for those games that aren't largely popular.

MrDaravon

Floe needs his own show like CPT.
Too good.

Is he streaming right now or are you referring to something specific, or just in general?

Agreed though, he's pretty entertaining. No idea if he has the interest or time to do something like that, no idea what his work/personal situation is. I do love seeing him on CPT etc though.

Numb

Is he streaming right now or are you referring to something specific, or just in general?

Agreed though, he's pretty entertaining. No idea if he has the interest or time to do something like that, no idea what his work/personal situation is. I do love seeing him on CPT etc though.

In general.
Was just watching one of the CPT's with him i couldn't catch live on YT.
Said he was new to the whole YT thing in his Karin/Vega videos. Said more a twitch guy.
He might be interested in doing more for SFV.

"Deejay" and "top tier" in the same sentence :O

It's actually odd how between ST and SF4 and 2002UM and KOF13 the tiers flip a lot.

Like, you come from an SF4 background. It's odd how Cammy and Fei would be weak or underwhelming, then you look at the strong characters and you see freaking Dhalsim and DJ. Then Claw, Boxer, Ryu, Guile, Sagat...

Same with KOF. Hard to get used to stuff like Robert and Andy being top tier. Oh, K' and Kula, too. But what is this? Iori and Kim are mid tier, at best? Vice is low? Chin low tier as well? Vice is a point character, Mature an anchor, and a high-mid tier one at that?
There's some no surprises stuff like Benimaru, King, Yuri and Daimon (and Chris) being really great or pretty great, but overall there's just a lot of shuffle in the rosters.

onionfrog

People already found the announcer voices for Urien, Alex, Ibuki, Guile, Balrog and Juri.

lol a year of DLC characters already leaked, no surprises!

btw OMFG URIEN CONFIRMED!!! KidA hug me
I feel bad for Ono. Its gonna ruin all his characters teases for the next year.

I'm excited for all of them. Ibuki especially!
Pretty glad I don't have to buy a PS4 for one game.
Same here. Also glad it is available so I can play without paying a separate online subscription fee! :p

Kalamari

I feel bad for Ono. Its gonna ruin all his characters teases for the next year.

I'm excited for all of them. Ibuki especially!

Honestly, I'd be surprised if Capcom wasn't aware of the danger of people datamining the beta. On the other hand, it could be a good way of trolling people if they could disguise the names of new characters as other characters.

It's actually odd how between ST and SF4 and 2002UM and KOF13 the tiers flip a lot.

Like, you come from an SF4 background. It's odd how Cammy and Fei would be weak or underwhelming, then you look at the strong characters and you see freaking Dhalsim and DJ. Then Claw, Boxer, Ryu, Guile, Sagat...

Same with KOF. Hard to get used to stuff like Robert and Andy being top tier. Oh, K' and Kula, too. But what is this? Iori and Kim are mid tier, at best? Vice is low? Chin low tier as well? Vice is a point character, Mature an anchor, and a high-mid tier one at that?
There's some no surprises stuff like Benimaru, King, Yuri and Daimon (and Chris) being really great or pretty great, but overall there's just a lot of shuffle in the rosters.

It was the reverse for me, at least coming from seeing Claw go from god to clod in SF4.

It was the reverse for me, at least coming from seeing Claw go from god to clod in SF4.

Well, yeah. I'm an 012er so I tend to experience these things in reverse :D
At least it also tends to mean the games getting better instead of going to shit.

Well that depends. Did you play him since AE? Some people say he was secretly top tier back then, hell no h4 wasn't. He didn't have a lot of stuff he has now. The struggle was real back then.

I think a lot of ERyu players had Cammy player syndrome back then and vehemently denied their character was any damn good. Was he top tier? Nah, he wasn't. But from people talking you'd think he was goddamn Deejay instead of a Ryu sidegrade.

FACE

Banned
Well that depends. Did you play him since AE? Some people say he was secretly top tier back then, hell no h4 wasn't. He didn't have a lot of stuff he has now. The struggle was real back then.

I didn't play AE. I played a bit of vanilla when it originally came out and only came back with ultra ~3 months ago.

I'm pretty ass.

Reading the Sim breakdown, they touched everything I thought they would do for Sim: Float (flight) but maybe not the kind of sentinal toe tapping I wanted and safer drills (still not sure if they combo). But what I didn't expect was change of space control especially with his fireball and normals. He has lobbish fireball and super, and that Necro stretchy antiair. Only the EX fireball goes horizontal(?) which effect teleport mixups. Speaking of mixups, the teleport doesn't cross up full screen anymore and sounds like his standing LK isn't a good fast keepaway button anymore.

Everything sounds like Air OK in terms of his specials and super and the float is maybe faster than walking? I dunno. Sim sounds like he is much more different with floating movement and air/anti-air a priority than standing your ground and maintaining spacing.
For what it's worth, UltraDavid seems to think st. LK is a good button.

CurlyW

I would be surprised if that list of events from the betametadata turns out to be the actual list of premier events on the 2016 Pro Tour, because it's the exact same list of premier events from the 2015 Pro Tour. I can't imagine that the people running CPT wouldn't tweak that list at least slightly, like, say, moving Milan Games Week to a ranking event and having Red Fight District take over premier status. My guess right now is for that list being a placeholder.

But, I've been wrong before and wrong often.

I think a lot of ERyu players had Cammy player syndrome back then and vehemently denied their character was any damn good. Was he top tier? Nah, he wasn't. But from people talking you'd think he was goddamn Deejay instead of a Ryu sidegrade.

I don't think he was ever that bad and tried to defend him when some would make that claim. But he was definitely somewhere between low-mid to mid tier, more like low mid though. Ryu was still the better character in AE and that was probably the worse version of him. That should give you a idea where AE Evil Ryu stood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom