• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having a touchpad on a controller is very convenient if you game on the PC.

Why wouldn't you want Final Fight characters in SF?

tumblr_na7d9ejCWB1qdzoq5o1_500.jpg

Gamerbee doesn't use healing against Evil Ryu/Akuma.

Edit: Pretty sure that Sako used either U1 or UW when he owned Daigo at Topanga World League.

Yep. Sako got bopped by Daigo in Topanga League 4. He switched to ultra1 for Topanga World League where he proceeded to bop Daigo. Gamerbee first used healing as well against Daigo and it just wasn't even close. He switched to ultra 1 and although Daigo still beats him up, it's a little better.

Last time Justin used Elena, he used healing against Evil Ryu. I think that's due to lack of experience with the character.

Yep. Sako got bopped by Daigo in Topanga League 4. He switched to ultra1 for Topanga World League where he proceeded to bop Daigo. Gamerbee first used healing as well against Daigo and it just wasn't even close. He switched to ultra 1 and although Daigo still beats him up, it's a little better.

Last time Justin used Elena, he used healing against Evil Ryu. I think that's due to lack of experience with the character.

Although Kindevu still uses ultra 2 against e.ryu.

FACE

Banned

He eliminated Daigo from Evo by mashing out Brave Dance after a dropped combo.

Just saw Kombat Pack 2. I'm surprised we saw every character.

Yay Bo'Rai Cho, yay to the cyborg, BOO to fucking Leatherface, fuck that shit.

I'm ashamed to admit, but I kind of like the Baraka Xenomorph. I'm feeling the same way I did when Marduk was replaced with Gigas in Tekken 7. I'm sad my favorite character is gone...but I kind of want to play the replacement.

my pc sucks :(

I'm too busy trying to get lucky with end game equipment in DFOG and creating new character sub-classes.

Just got a new laptop, and it'll take a little bit to adjust. I'll try it out eventually, but for me, currently it's DFOG and Hearthstone.

The requirements are surprisingly lenient. I was fully convinced that my primeval pc would blow up upon starting up the game but I get a pretty decent framerate at max settings (the game uses Unreal Engine 3) and I could always go lower depending on the situation (like areas where there are a ton of people). I mean unless your PC is from before 2005 I would give it a try if you can snag a key for closed beta or when the game comes out on Jan 19th since it's free to play.

For reference FFXIV wasn't really playable on my PC because the frames were too low but Blade&Soul surprisingly is if that means anything.

I want to play Destroyer and SPD people.
I neeed to

Yeah, Destroyers can grab people and beat the shit out of them then do things like slam them into the ground or uppercut followed by a spinning Axe SPD. Love the air combos/grapples in this game.

phaonaut

Whens fighters?
Only recognized team EG...and they didn't win

Capcom should try to partner up, I bet SF would be easy to understand for a random channel hopper. Also I'd be willing to check out E-League, but I don't have cable. I wonder if they plan to steam this online also.

Numb

Capcom should try to partner up, I bet SF would be easy to understand for a random channel hopper. Also I'd be willing to check out E-League, but I don't have cable. I wonder if they plan to steam this online also.

Indeed.
Indeed.
Then they can put on anime after SF

Free + controller support?
so in there

Should also mention that it's different from others in the sense that you don't need to configure hot/crossbars.

Like in most MMOs you need to drag any abilities you get onto a hotbar so you can piano them or whatever but in this game you get about the same number of abilities you'd expect except everything is already set because ability use is contextual.

You're only going to use these keys for combat (on keyboard) = 1,2,3,4 z,x,c,v, f, q, e, tab and LMB/RMB. No need to set abilities which is really refreshing imo (haven't used a controller so I'm not sure how it is there). That's why I look at it more like a fighting game, because of how the pvp combat is structured and how the game's controls are structured and executed. Feels more like I'm learning a fighting game character as opposed to a typical mmo where I don't get that feeling at all.

Numb

Should also mention that it's different from others in the sense that you don't need to configure hot/crossbars.

Like in most MMOs you need to drag any abilities you get onto a hotbar so you can piano them or whatever but in this game you get about the same number of abilities you'd expect except everything is already set because ability use is contextual.

You're only going to use these keys for combat (on keyboard) = 1,2,3,4 z,x,c,v, f, q, e, tab and LMB/RMB. No need to set abilities which is really refreshing imo (haven't used a controller so I'm not sure how it is there). That's why I look at it more like a fighting game, because of how the pvp combat is structured and how the game's controls are structured and executed. Feels more like I'm learning a fighting game character as opposed to a typical mmo where I don't get that feeling at all.

Good. Good. Like more the more i hear.
Just gotta make sure i don't make some weird sex doll in the character creator. It will be hard with how the defaults look already.

phaonaut

Everyones brackets look very similar. Also everyone should submit an entry to r/kappa bracket contest, they are giving away arcade sticks and cash to top 3.

Players that might be showing up to Churning the Butter. Taken from r/kappa.

Valmaster, Keoma, Problem X, Poongko, Justin Wong, Nuckle Du, Snake Eyez, Strider, Humanbomb, Alex Myers, Velociraptor, Brenttiscool, Julio, LPN, valmaster, Dashio, shiro, tonpy.

Honestly surprised so many are willing to play so close to CC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom