• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEO0MJ

...........where's the fucking trailer Capcom?!

Yeah, this is taking too long. It felt like Capcom rushed Mika's trailer when she was leaked but they're just sitting on their asses right now, even though the character was officially revealed more than two hours ago.

Zissou

Rashid looks neat. Looks like he could have some cool mobility options and having an aegis relector-ish projectile looks fun.

DrArchon

Big tornado reminds me of Yoga Catastrophe. It'll be super interesting to see how something like that works with a rushdown heavy character.

Scouter is pretty dumb, but I imagine it'll be gone from 99% of his alt costumes so I can't complain too much.

Numb

AAK noticed something

But the name might end up getting Capcom in trouble. Rasheed is one of the names reserved for God in Islam meaning "Guider to the right path". Hence in Islamic culture the name Abdul-Rasheed is what's given to people which translates to "servant of Rasheed".

I've never met anyone plainly called Rasheed, always an Abdul preceding it. But maybe and hopefully it doesn't cause any big hysteria.

Usually blasphemy to have one of the 99 names of god without the Abdul(servant) before it in Islam.

I was literally about to post that Rashid looks like a Nemo character and then Nemo tweeted this right before I could post.

GOOD_NEMO 2m2 minutes ago
ねも retweeted Yoshinori Ono
Rashid looks so nice!
I've been waiting for the character like this!

All the ones i met have abdul infront of it(including me). Meaning those with the god names.
Don't know what this could be about. Could be something else.

Is it common to fully address your whole name when introducing yourself? Because he might've just used Rashid as his callsign and left Abdul out of it.

Numb

Is it common to fully address your whole name when introducing yourself? Because he might've just used Rashid as his callsign and left Abdul out of it.

There are alot ways to say it and it oesnt have to be like that.
My bud put it in an easier way

There's even a female version Rashida. There are some names that don't necessarily have to get a "Abdul" before them, depending on the name's meaning. "Hamid" for example can be used without a "Abd" before it, if you say "Al-Hamid" with "Al" being an article you always refer to god though. Calling a person "Al-Hamid" is not possible.
Some names only refer to god, like "Arrahman", "Arraheem" or the most obvious "Allah". Those can't be used without adding a "Abd" before them.
It's not an easy topic, I also have to reread some stuff about it again.
Grew up in a place where everyone was either mohamed or some name starting with abdul so i might have experienced the extreme version of it.

El Sloth

Banned
But isn't V-Reversal supposed to knock the opponent away?

EDIT: nvm, just remembered Vega's V-Reversal doesn't do that either and thought the green flash was from his scouter.
Isn't Nash's v-reversal a teleport too?

Watching the trailer again, I get the feeling the roll he does under the fireball is probably his v-skill.

Hassun

Neo Member
So if that character leak was accurate (and it did correctly predict Rashid) then we are getting a female Brazilian fighter for SFV as well. Tekken and SF going for the exact same stuff.
Let's hope she's very different than Katarina Alves at least.

Horseress

COoktpYUEAAAxew.png

Well, He is kinda like Urien... Aegis Tornado!

Looks like a lot of his moves deal with divekicks and lows.

Told you nobody liked you Cody. Kickin up dirt and using a knife off the ground, not cool bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom