• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerry1594

Wait
wait wait wait

How was the PSOne ver. of SF2 Hyper Fighting? Anyone played that? Was it close to the arcade ver. of the game or were there differences?
It turns out I have that. I'll try it out a bit tomorrow and then Google a comparison or something and post it here. If it's like the ST port it should be pretty good (no added lag compared to arcade) but the disc it's on also includes CE, and the loading after everything was kind of ridiculous if I remember right.

Tizoc

It turns out I have that. I'll try it out a bit tomorrow and then Google a comparison or something and post it here. If it's like the ST port it should be pretty good (no added lag compared to arcade) but the disc it's on also includes CE, and the loading after everything was kind of ridiculous if I remember right.

Reason I ask is that I have Capcom Classic collection and the SF2 games in it are from the PSOne ver. as opposed to the other games on it that are from the arcade ver.

jerry1594

The ps1 ports are not bad. If they managed to make a decent port of st I can't imagine the other ports are bad. The loading is the most annoying thing. Though if CCC vol. 1 was also developed by Backbone those ports can possibly be screwed up though. ST on CCCC vol. 2 straight up sucks. Random sounds effects play at random times, sometimes buttons randomly remap themselves, and it has 4 added frames of lag, vs 0 on ps1 and 1 on dreamcast.

Tizoc

The ps1 ports are not bad. If they managed to make a decent port of st I can't imagine the other ports are bad. The loading is the most annoying thing. Though if CCC vol. 1 was also developed by Backbone those ports can possibly be screwed up though. ST on CCCC vol. 2 straight up sucks. Random sounds effects play at random times, sometimes buttons randomly remap themselves, and it has 4 added frames of lag, vs 0 on ps1 and 1 on dreamcast.

Funnily enough there is only like 1 second loading between matches and victory screens etc.
So I'm OK with the ports as they're not all that bad.

jerry1594

Yes please! ChrisT has to figure out something and is not 100% there so again, yes please! I've been at that 99% too many times the past few weeks so options are very welcome Pizarro!
Alright. On second thought...
Funnily enough there is only like 1 second loading between matches and victory screens etc.
So I'm OK with the ports as they're not all that bad.
Theyre like 10-15 seconds on ps1. It gets pretty annoying.

Shun

Go for it, dude!

I live in Berkeley with no means of driving that far, if I could I would totally get on this stick. Sharing and letting anyone in the NorCal area who might be interested in an insanely cheap VLX.

I love my Fighting Edge and I'm looking to get a PS3/PS4 stick for the future though.

Venfayth

Why didn't he just ex command grab you or even ultra?

Well, ex command grab wouldn't work because her overhead is airborne, ultra probably would have worked. Level 1 focus would've worked too.

I dunno man, I've been on the other side of this type of shenanigan and sometimes your brain just breaks. Haha.

Generally speaking to deal with Sol's specials you stuff them before they're out as opposed to punishing on block. I will say Sol's Bandit Revolver (the kneebash hop kick flip kick thing) can be punished by a throw if he does it too close, especially if he happens to do it after a dash.

Fafnir can get blown up by anything that happens to low profile. I think at some point you mentioned you play Ky? His Sweep, his crouch Slash, and his stand Slash can all stuff Fafnir if you get a read on what ranges a Sol wants to use it. Alternatively, instant blocking it leaves him slightly minus so you have a bit more free reign to press buttons afterward.

Bandit Bringer (the jumping flame punch) can be stuffed by reading/reacting to it and doing rising j.Ps or j.Ks. Or just straight up DPing it.

Riot Stomp is a pretty obvious one. Pretty much the whole cast's 6P will blow it up. Ky's 2HS is pretty amazing for that as well.

For Gunflame, it depends how far away he is. it shoots 4 pillars in a row. If the 3rd or 4th pillar of fire is the one you happen to block, he's probably neutral or plus. If you happen to block it really close you usually have initiative.
Thanks for the info.
But that game sucks. :-(

If you're really dying to play me in SFIV, I'll play you, but it isn't a game I have put a lot of time into.

Edit: oh yeah, and I only have the PS3 version. :p
Worst version next to the PS4 smh

I rather just have attacks trade then clash. I tried to AA DP a jump in H, it clashes, I get punished on the way down. why tho

SamVimes

Well, ex command grab wouldn't work because her overhead is airborne, ultra probably would have worked. Level 1 focus would've worked too.
I think if you use it early enough you can catch her before she can go into her overhead.
I dunno man, I've been on the other side of this type of shenanigan and sometimes your brain just breaks. Haha.

That's true, it's what i say as soon as the match is over "why didn't i ..."

DunpealD

Ever have a match you just feel guilty about afterwards?

http://i.imgur.com/X9N7H4V.webm

From earlier:

here's some cancerous fuerte plays from topanga earlier. you will like it.
xUIcy7X.gif

The guilt is on the player who takes the attack for not finding an answer.

Thanks for the info.

Worst version next to the PS4 smh

I rather just have attacks trade then clash. I tried to AA DP a jump in H, it clashes, I get punished on the way down. why tho
Does the PS4 version still have issues?

I didn't feel like paying a monthly fee on my 360 just for SFIV. :p

Does the PS4 version still have issues?

I didn't feel like paying a monthly fee on my 360 just for SFIV. :p

It just feels off for me. I know there's a bit of extra delay but not just that. Just feels odd.

I heard there's somethings that work on the 360 version but don't work on the PS4 version and vice versa.

I also don't know why Mago didn't try ex. dashing on wakeup to get away from the splash pressure. He'd be able to escape the splash and ex Q bomb. Not the grab tho

Venfayth

The guilt is on the player who takes the attack for not finding an answer.

Yeah, absolutely. In fact, when I'm playing against a brand new player I usually never feel bad. But I feel like this guy was just caught in the moment and since he had crushed me the last round I just had a little remorse. Felt like I was beating up a baby or something - heh.

I also perfected him the next round so :X

Rhapsody

Banned
I feel like it has been forever since they announced her. What's a realistic expectation at this point?

It's possible that she'll be CF's boss, but will be time released a few weeks after the game for her playable version. They'll probably do a loketest for her too.

Kikirin

It's December 2015 from what I can gather.

That's what it might've seemed from the Google translate (lol) of the paragraph, but the actual table has "블레이블루 : 크로노판타즈마 익스텐드" in the Jan 2016 (TBD) row.

And if anyone would like to do the honors of creating a Gaming-side thread for the announcement, feel free to do so!
I'm too lazy to make a decent one.

Edit: Or not. Someone made one already - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1116464

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom