• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.
So are the MCZ boys going to Kuwait? I don't see any sign of them attending however MCZ said that the players would be at every premier tournament.

gutabo

EDIT:

WTF, I just talked with him last week...

***HELP FGC GAF!!!***

As you might know, we did many fundraising events to get a player to come to Lima, Peru this october, and since the two communities that stepped up to the challenge were the USF4 and MvC2 communities there were not many choices and in the end since Justin couldn't make it Sanford was chosen. We talked to him and he agreed(altho he first asked for $400 "to get a passport") but he changed his mind and left us with an already paid-for plane ticket. We tried our best to get our money back but only could get a part of the ticket cost as credit and we're now stuck with a partially paid ticket from the US to Lima via Jetblue. I've been talking to some players and I've had no success at all finding another player that might come and in the meantime the local MvC2 community has dropped the ball and is now demanding to have a refund. So the local USF4 community is doing more fundraising events(we're having another event next week) to pay the MvC2 community its share of the partial ticket and be able to buy another ticket. We don't have much time before the credit expires so desperation is starting to crawl in.

So the question is: do you know any very good USF4 player that might want to come to Lima Peru on any of the last two weekends of october? We'll pay for his/her air ticket and house him(the same guy that housed Justin, ChrisG, KBR and many others) and we have two events he/she can attend to(and win). Also our top players will money match him a lot privately.

Thanks in advance!

I think I'm done with XRD brehs

I feel like everything people hate in SF4 (Setplay, vortex, FADC, invincible backdashes etc) are in this game just intensified.

I'm playing a friend that's using Sol.

Sol does j.H, Ky uses 6P (AA?), clashes, Sol gets to combo from it, knocked down gg

Sol does j.H, Ky uses 6P (AA?), danger time, Sol gets to combo from it, gg

I can't

/scrubquotes

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I think I'm done with XRD brehs

I feel like everything people hate in SF4 (Setplay, vortex, FADC, invincible backdashes etc) are in this game just intensified.

I'm playing a friend that's using Sol.

Sol does j.H, Ky uses 6P (AA?), clashes, Sol gets to combo from it, knocked down gg

Sol does j.H, Ky uses 6P (AA?), danger time, Sol gets to combo from it, gg

I can't

/scrubquotes
Clashes cancel into anything

Blocking is also super important in arcsys games. Don't always try to beat stuff out

shaowebb

EDIT:

WTF, I just talked with him last week...

***HELP FGC GAF!!!***

As you might know, we did many fundraising events to get a player to come to Lima, Peru this october, and since the two communities that stepped up to the challenge were the USF4 and MvC2 communities there were not many choices and in the end since Justin couldn't make it Sanford was chosen. We talked to him and he agreed(altho he first asked for $400 "to get a passport") but he changed his mind and left us with an already paid-for plane ticket. We tried our best to get our money back but only could get a part of the ticket cost as credit and we're now stuck with a partially paid ticket from the US to Lima via Jetblue. I've been talking to some players and I've had no success at all finding another player that might come and in the meantime the local MvC2 community has dropped the ball and is now demanding to have a refund. So the local USF4 community is doing more fundraising events(we're having another event next week) to pay the MvC2 community its share of the partial ticket and be able to buy another ticket. We don't have much time before the credit expires so desperation is starting to crawl in.

So the question is: do you know any very good USF4 player that might want to come to Lima Peru on any of the last two weekends of october? We'll pay for his/her air ticket and house him(the same guy that housed Justin, ChrisG, KBR and many others) and we have two events he/she can attend to(and win). Also our top players will money match him a lot privately.

Thanks in advance!

Holy crap thats terrible. I wish I could help but I'm in the middle of nowhere with no connections. Have you tried tweeting some folks at twitch? It might circulate fast that someone may be able to get a free ride to Lima and possible money match bankrolls.

Its my only real idea at the moment.

gutabo

Holy crap thats terrible. I wish I could help but I'm in the middle of nowhere with no connections. Have you tried tweeting some folks at twitch? It might circulate fast that someone may be able to get a free ride to Lima and possible money match bankrolls.

Its my only real idea at the moment.

Thanks, that's a good idea, I will talk with Mike tonight.

The main issue are the dates: one weekend is the same as Defend the North and the other weekend is Canada Cup. :(

rookiejet

Man why is wild throw into dust loop so hard. Fighting games so demanding about practice and learning, it's silly.

You should play Rising Thunder. It's mostly just the fun puzzle solving kind of learning. It's all I've been playing lately.

Edit: everyone who's gonna buy SFV better come clean now

gutabo

400 dollars for a passport. Sanford trying to scam people.
Yeah, unbelievable but I have the receipts. You remember one night I posted "hey guys how much does it cost to get a passport in the US??"? Yup that was the night.

What about Tampa Bison

That's actually a good suggestion, thanks! Will try to contact him ASAP.

Sanford "passport" Kelly

Lol

It's a shame you don't play SF4 anymore and that the KOF scene here doesn't really help with fundraising events, we'd love to have you here(as I've told you before).

Zissou

It's not fair to say "Marvel has invincible reversals/supers" - it's character specific, just like in Xrd.

Throw OS is offensive and defensive; you can try to throw with it. Also, I don't think throw OS is worth mentioning much in Marvel. You usually don't back dash OS. You might forward dash OS, though, which is primarily offensive.

I brought up invincible stuff in marvel as a point because I feel like marvel has more ways to make them safe.

OSing throw/dash (and then cancelling said dash into a jump) is super important for defense. It's huge for escaping opening gambit situations and such.

Many matches at high level play going to time nearly all involve Morridoom. Kind of an outlier don't you think? Also not really comparable when one of the games has 6 characters involved in every match, plus regenerating health when tagged out, and X factor for even more health. Don't know why you would even bring that up.

And Guilty Gear there's negative penalty so the game actually penalizes you for passive and evasive play which is another big reason for matches never going to time.

I can see your point about nuetral defense though it makes sense.

I think even taking Moridoom out of the picture, the clock still comes into play in marvel pretty often (as opposed to never, in xrd). Marvel seconds are also ~2 actual seconds which balances out it having multiple characters etc. I brought it up as an easily observable way to demonstrate marvel has more of an offensive/defensive balance than xrd, which skews more toward the purely offensive. (though you can also chalk this up to zoning in general being more viable in marvel, marvel combos taking a long time, and other factors too).

Millia get two mix-ups with corner desc oki, more using Secret Garden and even more with Chroming Rose. Pretty sure Ram and Ino have multi layered mix ups too and there's also mixup > RRC/YRC if blocked/evaded > another mixup. Nothing near Marvel level though.

Thanks for the insight!

Dlent

I just got a PS4 and I already own Xrd and Extend on PS3. Wondering if I should even buy any fighting games for it right now, seeing as how MKX Komplete Edition seems like an inevitability at this point. Is the online for Last Round good(in the context of both community and netcode)?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
You try to do something nice for someone and they screw you over. That's why most times it's best not to do anything for anyone at all.

DunpealD

Can't tell if this one is a joke or not lol

But gutabo said that most of the funds are coming from SF4 players since Marvel 2 people are backing out.
You're going to want to bring an SF4 player.

Maybe Alex Valle?
A good idea might be looking at the current CPT standings and pick one who is unlikely to participate in one of the tournaments or is rather safe in like Dieminion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom