• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

gutabo

Can't tell if this one is a joke or not lol

But gutabo said that most of the funds are coming from SF4 players since Marvel 2 people are backing out.
You're going to want to bring an SF4 player.

Thanks for having my back R.

And clockwork would be a great choice... if he played USF4.

Yeah.. but it's clockwork. Ok then what about Hsien Chang.

Do you have a contact/link?

You try to do something nice for someone and they screw you over. That's why most times it's best not to do anything for anyone at all.

You can't be serious! There has to be some hope in you my dear!

Maybe Alex Valle?
A good idea might be looking at the current CPT standings and pick one who is unlikely to participate in one of the tournaments or is rather safe in like Dieminion.

Alex Valle? I don't think he has the time... About the CPT standings, that's a good idea, I've already asked DIeminion, he said he wants to come but not on those dates. I've had some weird answers(and non answers) from other players too, that's why I'm reaching out to you guys, you're my only hope!

Tripon

Thanks for having my back R.

And clockwork would be a great choice... if he played USF4.

Do you have a contact/link?

You can't be serious! There has to be some hope in you my dear!

Alex Valle? I don't think he has the time... About the CPT standings, that's a good idea, I've already asked DIeminion, he said he wants to come but not on those dates. I've had some weird answers(and non answers) from other players too, that's why I'm reaching out to you guys, you're my only hope!

Alex Myers, lol.

MrDaravon

I think he's been saying this kind of stuff for a while, but sp00ky just said in his chat that he might be moving to the West Coast. Also mentioned that it's not even "Cali" anymore and that most people are moving from socal to norcal.

AAK

Jonio's streaming. Jam's out http://www.twitch.tv/joniosan

Dear God...

tumblr_lxls9f3i3t1qam4lbo1_500.gif

Save us English Dub.

Oh my god, why can't I hold all these greed severs.

Thanks for the games count.
ggs. I gotta remember that I can't or shouldn't press any buttons after any Sol specials because I'll just eat a counter hit because everything is safe on block :'), why is fafnir a poke?
Count, I can play a set right now if you want.

I am 100% free to Ky.
sorry I got off. I'm really trying to make this game work but my soul is telling me nah fam

ggs. I gotta remember that I can't or shouldn't press any buttons after any Sol specials because I'll just eat a counter hit because everything is safe on block :'), why is fafnir a poke?

sorry I got off. I'm really trying to make this game work but my soul is telling me nah fam
Play me at least once before you quit. :-(

You try to do something nice for someone and they screw you over. That's why most times it's best not to do anything for anyone at all.

Try to do good but expect nothing. You learn a lot about the character of someone that way and many times they surprise in a good way.

Gustabo, how about KBrad? He is the only reason why I like Cammy and he plays MvC3

Papstr

Neo Member

Generally speaking to deal with Sol's specials you stuff them before they're out as opposed to punishing on block. I will say Sol's Bandit Revolver (the kneebash hop kick flip kick thing) can be punished by a throw if he does it too close, especially if he happens to do it after a dash.

Fafnir can get blown up by anything that happens to low profile. I think at some point you mentioned you play Ky? His Sweep, his crouch Slash, and his stand Slash can all stuff Fafnir if you get a read on what ranges a Sol wants to use it. Alternatively, instant blocking it leaves him slightly minus so you have a bit more free reign to press buttons afterward.

Bandit Bringer (the jumping flame punch) can be stuffed by reading/reacting to it and doing rising j.Ps or j.Ks. Or just straight up DPing it.

Riot Stomp is a pretty obvious one. Pretty much the whole cast's 6P will blow it up. Ky's 2HS is pretty amazing for that as well.

For Gunflame, it depends how far away he is. it shoots 4 pillars in a row. If the 3rd or 4th pillar of fire is the one you happen to block, he's probably neutral or plus. If you happen to block it really close you usually have initiative.

gutabo

Gustabo, how about KBrad? He is the only reason why I like Cammy and he plays MvC3
Already asked, he has italy something and canada cup to attend to. Also he asks for a hotel and that makes him more expensive, we would need more time to get more money for his hotel(so we'll have him as a very valid option for next year).

EDIT:

Coming to one event:
KBR, october 24th (vamos chile carajo!)
Keoma from Brazil, october 31st

Already said no:
Justin
Kbrad
ChrisG
Zeus
Arturo
Mike Ross(there's a very small chance) <3 <3 <3

Most professional:
Kbrad

Most helpful:
Mike Ross

Have not answered yet:
too many to count :(

Vice

Already asked, he has italy something and canada cup to attend to. Also he asks for a hotel and that makes him more expensive, we would need more time to get more money for his hotel.

XSK Samurai is good in a few different games.There's F. Champ as well.

Shun

Does anyone know who exactly made this and where I can look to get one custom made.

I thought this was fucking hilarious and I kinda want one for novelty sake. Conversation starter at locals.

Bo7XuMRIcAEjNL5.jpg

notworksafe

As someone who helped run an FGC charity event and talked to plenty of pro players and FGC people, 90% of them are scumbag pieces of shit. Fuck em, they don't deserve a free trip to Peru.

There's definitely some good folks out there, koogy and jwong are #1 on the list from the ones I dealt with. But most are flakes and worthless shitheads.

But at least almost everyone I talked to got back to me even if it was just to beg for freebies and/or ask for payment to appear at a charity even (lol no). The ones that didn't bother to respond didn't surprise me, I wasn't a fan of them anyway.

As someone who helped run an FGC charity event and talked to plenty of pro players and FGC people, 90% of them are scumbag pieces of shit. Fuck em, they don't deserve a free trip to Peru.

There's definitely some good folks out there, koogy and jwong are #1 on the list from the ones I dealt with. But most are flakes and worthless shitheads.

But at least almost everyone I talked to got back to me even if it was just to beg for freebies and/or ask for payment to appear at a charity even (lol no). The ones that didn't bother to respond didn't surprise me, I wasn't a fan of them anyway.

lol.

notworksafe

Angelic is another really good guy, glad I got him to come here. Very friendly, humble dude who actually came by my house for casuals and partying with the locals after the event. Great dude all around.

Who in the hell charges an appearance fee for a charity event? Not even real Pro athletes are so brazen to do that.
Not only asking for a fee, but doing so after hearing our offer of paying for their whole flight and hotel stay

gutabo

For the record, Mike Ross is the fucking greatest. Already talking with Christ T thanks to him.

EDIT: Also yes <3 jwong, he tweeted my post here!

notworksafe

It's funny, Mike was talking about wanting to come here because his dad was moving here for work or something. But we couldn't work it out with his schedule

Tizoc

Wait
wait wait wait

How was the PSOne ver. of SF2 Hyper Fighting? Anyone played that? Was it close to the arcade ver. of the game or were there differences?

Wild Card

Does anyone know who exactly made this and where I can look to get one custom made.

I thought this was fucking hilarious and I kinda want one for novelty sake. Conversation starter at locals.

Bo7XuMRIcAEjNL5.jpg

What is that, like I know it's a body pillow of Noel, but why does it have buttons and a power cord? Guess it's for looks and not utility.

But can you imagine tho

valle-1998.jpg

Watching Uncle Valle right now made me look up young Valle like in this video haha, so good.

I always love rewatching this because (IIRC) this is the tournament that Valle spoke of when he said that he would've retired completely had he beaten Daigo.

...maybe Daigo knew this, and beat Valle to keep him in our lives. Why are you so good to us, DaiGOAT T__T

Marz

I always love rewatching this because (IIRC) this is the tournament that Valle spoke of when he said that he would've retired completely had he beaten Daigo.

...maybe Daigo knew this, and beat Valle to keep him in our lives. Why are you so good to us, DaiGOAT T__T

How old was Valle in that video?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom