• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechaX

WRq2uPj.gif

At least Tekkaman beats up on goofy aliens with his space lance instead of flat out pulling off 1st degree murders on people.

Shun

Braver's Revel 2016, the national event for BlazBlue, is wrapping up their qualifiers and some character data in regards to participation and character frequency per region.

I'll update the list with the team names and participants of each team eventually since I'm busy the rest of the day.

Will update on the coming days of the final tournament. Finals will be taking place April 23 @ 13:00. Stream will be posted soon.

Why is this important? Because Japanese players are not only from Tokyo and don't always come to America. There are plenty of top level and high level players throughout Japan that many of you may not know.

I hope this is helpful, share to those interested in BlazBlue if Western players want to get better and know more.

Cfme_vbVAAA8sgT.jpg:orig

The 2v2 Character Teams by Region

Hokkaido
TEAM: 女子プロレス (Women Pro Wrestling)
bbbr2016_yosen_tanukikoji.jpg

-Litchi - たかはし (Takahashi); Inactive Twitter
-Izayoi - ふれでぃ (Freddie Mercury); Twitter

TEAM: ハメたい (Hametai)
bbbr2016_yosen_chitose.jpg

-Azrael - イカメン (Ikamen); Twitter
-Arakune - take (take); Twitter

Tohoku
TEAM: どこに目つけてんだ!(Where I am Watching)
bbbr2016_yosen_tackoriyama.jpg

-Carl - らず (Razz/Berry); Twitter (Protected)
-Relius - らりご~ (Rarigo); https://twitter.com/araigogogogo

TEAM: みおゆき (MioYuki)
bbbr2016_yosen_chrisload.jpg

-Litchi - みお (Mio); Twitter
-Arakune - ともゆき (Tomoyuki);Twitter

TEAM: やわらかエンジン (SOFT ENGINE/I WANT TO PLAY VOLLEYBALL WITH MARIE ROSE) That's seriously their team name.
bbbr2016_yosen_nakake.jpg

-Izayoi - ゆっけ (Yukke); Twitter
-Izanami - るーこ (Ruko); Twitter

Tokyo
TEAM: レミニセンス (Reminiscence)
bbbr2016_yosen_minamioosawa.jpg

-Noel - しーの (CNO); Twitter
-Nine - たけのこ (Takenoko); Twitter

TEAM: きつね邸 (Fox Residence)
bbbr2016_yosen_joy.jpg

-Litchi - RYO (RYO); Twitter
-Arakune - きつね (Kitsune); Twitter

TEAM 蒲田フレンズ (Kamata Friends)
bbbr2016_yosen_ueno.jpg

-Azrael - とちぎん (Legend of Tochigin); Twitter
-Nine - 船長 (Senchou);Twitter

TEAM: ガムテープフレンズ (Gum Tape Friends)
bbbr2016_yosen_ayase.jpg

-Carl - りゅうせい (Ryusei); Twitter
-Makoto ごろー (Goro); Inactive Twitter

TEAM: クッパだいばくはつ (Koopa Explosion)
bbbr2016_yosen_akihabara.jpg

-Jin - みーや (Miiya); Twitter
-Azrael - ゼクソ (Zexo); Twitter

TEAM: 光の戦士 (Hikari no Senshi/Warrior of Light)
bbbr2016_yosen_bigbox.jpg

-Ragna - うる (Ul); https://twitter.com/ul_mnaf
-Bang - ふっくー (hukku); Twitter

TEAM: タカヒロ邸 (Takahiro Residence)
bbbr2016_yosen_machida.jpg

-Litchi - 大坂 (Oosaka); Twitter
-Carl - みずき (Mizuki); Twitter

Kanto
TEAM: ファジーで連絡します (Fuzzy Connection)
bbbr2016_yosen_wakou.jpg

-Relius - もけもけ (Mokemoke); Twitter
-Celica - ろにった (Ronitta); Twitter

TEAM: たまには (Tamaniha, Occasionally)
bbbr2016_yosen_sunmall.jpg

-Naoto - かきゅん (kaqn); Twitter
-Nine - Shadow (Shadow); Twitter

TEAM: りゅうせいのことは忘れない (Unforgotten Meteor)
bbbr2016_yosen_tokorozawa.jpg

-Tsubaki - こなん (Conan); Twitter
-Celica - ゆった (Yutta); Twitter

TEAM: SUSHI食べたい (I Want to Eat Sushi)
bbbr2016_yosen_gobangai.jpg

-Carl - DIO (Dio); Twitter
-Λ-11- おしゅし/ヨシキ (Yoshiki/Yoshiko); Twitter

TEAM: 僕らは自キャラを愛してる。(We Love Our Character)
bbbr2016_yosen_totsuka.jpg

-Rachel - テツヲ(Tetsuwo); Twitter
-Carl - いさ(Isa); Inactive Twitter

TEAM: テロリスト&ダンプカー (Terrorist & Dump Car)
bbbr2016_yosen_funabashi.jpg

-Hakumen - Camellia (Camellia); Twitter
-Valkenhayn - 馬の骨 (umanohone/nobody); Twitter

TEAM: ジーニアス (Genius)
bbbr2016_yosen_odawara.jpg

-Hazama - あさは (Asaha); Twitter
-Nine - ふみ (Fumi); Twitter

TEAM: 新宿スポーツランド本館 (Team Sportsland)
bbbr2016_yosen_mizunokuti2.jpg

-Makoto 松本/マツ (Matsumoto/Matsu); Twitter
-Nine - なかお (Nakao); Twitter

Kansai
TEAM: ビッグザブドウ (Big The Grape)
bbbr2016_yosen_nihonbashi.jpg

-Ragna - イワシ (Iwashi); Inactive Twitter
-Jin - フェンリっち (Fenritti); Twitter

TEAM: Final Fantasy ~絆~ (Final Fantasy ~Bonds~); They're fighting under an alias. Community joke about their qualify.
bbbr2016_yosen_abenoapollo.jpg

-Hakumen - たたかう/ぽろぴっちょ (FIGHT/Poropicchi); Twitter
-Nine - まほう/旧 (MAGIC/Kyu/Q); Twitter

TEAM: テンプテーション (Temptation)
bbbr2016_yosen_nanba.jpg

-Ragna - BB PLAYER;
-Carl - human error;

Tokai
TEAM: 神がいる国、ATHENA日本 (Nation God Lives, ATHENA Nihonbashi)
bbbr2016_yosen_osu.jpg

-Hazama - Jアンソン (J Anson); Twitter
-μ-12 - あずお (azuo); Twitter

TEAM: 「旭日」藤居本家 (Kyokujitsu)
bbbr2016_yosen_kanazawa.jpg

-Carl - 金じ (Kinji); Twitter
-Izayoi - 天地 (Tennti); Twitter

TEAM: 何かを起こしに来た (Come wake up)
bbbr2016_yosen_toyohashi.jpg

-Tager - ラスク_グランディア_ (RASUK GRANDIA); Twitter
-Hakumen - 桜花 (Ouka);Twitter

Chugoku-Shikoku

TEAM: coj
bbbr2016_yosen_yamaguchi.jpg

-Bang - クロス (Cross)
-Izanami - ブロックナイト (Block Knight)

TEAM 島根から来ました (Came From Island)
bbbr2016_yosen_kamiyacho.jpg

-Bullet - のちゃん (nochan); Twitter
-Jin - ザボン (zabon); Twitter

Kyushu
TEAM: 我等常勝不敗けんちゃん軍団 (Our Invincible Undefeated Kenchan Corps)
bbbr2016_yosen_tenjin.jpg

-Ragna - Monster (Monster); Twitter
-Nine - トミオ (Tomio); Twitter

TEAM: 害獣 (Gaiju)
bbbr2016_yosen_centporta.jpg

-Litchi - Poty (poty); Twitter
-Hibiki - りょーた (Ryota); Twitter

Arcade Station
TEAM: サウスタウン(SOUTH TOWN) AKA TEAM LAST TO QUALIFY...
CfmjUpYVAAAZL08.jpg:small

Azrael - どぐら (dogura); Twitter
Izanami - 南 (minami/south); Twitter

I am providing twitter handles for you to follow and learn more about the game, I hope that you are respectful enough if you do talk to them and ask a question.

Sorry if my english is off, I personally know only some of these players so I am doing my best judgement for you can understand in english.

Number of each character in tournament
7: Carl, Nine
6: -
5: Litchi
4: Ragna, Azrael
3: Jin, Arakune, Hakumen, Izayoi, Izanami
2: Bang, Hazama, Makoto, Relius, Celica
1: Noel, Tager, Rachel, Tsubaki, Valkenhayn, Mu, Bullet, Lambda, Hibiki, Naoto
0: Taokaka, Nu, Platinum, Amane, Kagura, Kokonoe, Terumi

There is spot for a final last qualify the day of. update later.

Teams/Players to watch out for:

Tennti/Kinji: A young and upcoming team whom have started playing very recently. My favorite to win and I have a bias for personal reasons. They work for a sake brewery and they are top ranked in their respective characters. The nation's strongest Izayoi with one of the strongest Carls.

Poropicchi/Q: Very strong Hakumen and Nine players. Don't underestimate them, understand the game very well and are able to pull off upsets. Dark horse to win Bravers Revel with matchups.

Ikemen/take: MAXIM HERO regulars well known in the region and competitors at the MAXIM HERO danisen, consistently top and one of the best in Hokkaido. Hometown representatives. Don't sleep on this team.

Tetsuwo/Isa: This team also needs no introduction or explanation. Tetsuwo Rachel gives players nightmares and with how strong Carl is in BBCF they are one of the teams to beat. Good luck to who matches with them first.

Fenritti/Iwashi: Best Jin in the nation and a very strong Ragna from Kansai. They are each other prefer team mates at Athena Nihonbashi Oosaka and other game center. Fenritti results in the past have beaten very many of the best players consecutively. 2v2 and matchup seeding makes it very interesting.

Dogura/Minami: No need to explain or introduce.

Notable Players not attending/did not qualify:
EA
Kikutiyo
emushi
Atelier
Galileo
Tenkyo
Kotetsu
Terralunar
Tujikawa
Kaichou
Denpa
Linhime
Koike
Matoi
and more to show the large talent pool out there...

Which games are you playing lately and which characters are you using? And why?

Lately, I've only really been dedicating time into three fighting games:

Killer Instinct S3: I'm playing Thunder, Kim Wu and Aganos mainly, but I honestly play about four other characters on the side. I find KI to be very simple, because the motions are the simplest in 2D fighters, and the combo system is pretty much universal to every character in the game. Anyway, I play Thunder because he's a grappler with crazy resets. I play Kim Wu because she's got good grounded and aerial normals, and she has crazy burst damage. I play Aganos because he's the biggest body with crazy armor, big damage and BIG FAT NORMALS.

Street Fighter V: I'm only playing Birdie. No other character has really grabbed me so far. I might play Alex, but I wasn't blown away by him when I first played him. I just love Birdie because he's so simple yet very effective; BIG FAT NORMALS, godlike anti-air, good space control, simple combos and great V-Trigger. Maybe I'll latch onto one of the other five DLCs, but so far it's all Birdie all day.

Mortal Kombat XL: I'm playing Ferra/Torr(Vicious variation) and Leatherface(Killer variation). Ferra/Torr is my favorite of MKX's big bodies because they've got BIG FAT NORMALS, pretty good space control, and big damage for little input. F/T is also a very effective anti-zoner, which I like. I play Leatherface because he's stupidly simple. He has no combo strings involving kicks, only punches, which makes his moveset very small. He's pretty safe on most of his moves and strings, and he also does big damage with simple combos. He recently got nerfed like all the DLCs did, but his nerfs didn't kill him.

I have played and do play a lot more fighters than this, but those three are the only ones keeping me occupied right now. I'm waiting for KOF XIV and Tekken 7 FR to get release dates announced. GG Revelator isn't setting my world on fire, and neither is Pokken, but I'll probably get Pokken when it goes down in price. Blazblue CF is on my radar, but I'm not following it too closely right now.

SF5 - Rashid: easy to learn, looks cool, and suits my playstyle for the most part.
MKX - Kano (Cutthroat): not complicated, suits my play style, and has options for everything.

Also, I'm one of the few that still plays Street Fighter x Tekken. Message me if ever down for 360 XBL matches.
Hearthstone - Hunter and Warrior with a little Warlock...why? Because that's what I have cards for.
Duelyst - Primarily Songhai, love how it's like Rogue+Mage at once as a class concept.
Smash 4 - Mewtwo, and he's so good now. :-O

:-/

pizzacat

Banned

SF5 - Rashid: easy to learn, looks cool, and suits my playstyle for the most part.
MKX - Kano (Cutthroat): not complicated, suits my play style, and has options for everything.

Also, I'm one of the few that still plays Street Fighter x Tekken. Message me if ever down for 360 XBL matches.

SF5
Laura because B O N I T A B O Y S (I like her set ups)
Alex because he's professor savage
Ryu because I like to win
GGXrd Rev
Sol because I'm learning the game
3Rd Strike
Urien because he's still my favorite fighting game character
TTT2
Bryan Fury because of snake edge and Miguel because he's another savage

peter0611

Thanks for the detailed information, Shun. Hope nochan manages to do well, as the only Bullet player. That's the only character I've put any decent work into on BB:CE on PC. Let's see if I will be conscious when the finals are streamed...

Sayad

SFV:
Chun main, I've always played Chun, maybe it's having great normals, but I never put much thought into "why Chun". :3
Also been playing Alex a lot lately, it must be watching opponents stun and health gauges disappear so quickly one you get his thing going.

GGXrd
I-No: the character is awesome, the struggle in neutral and the dominance once you start her oki game feels so good. She also have some really fun combos, especially in the corner.
Planning to play Jack-O for a bit, but only to know how to fight her.

shaowebb

At least Tekkaman beats up on goofy aliens with his space lance instead of flat out pulling off 1st degree murders on people.

Well, you can kind of figure when a dude shows up screaming and with an arrow pointing at his junk that someone's about to get fucked.

*ba dum TISH!*

NEO0MJ

Polymar's specialty was hitting dudes repeatedly Loooooooooooooong after they went limp. Not even shitting you, he maimed and killed folks and laughed about it on the show.

I saw the one with the eye poke and neck break but not the others. Polimar is such a brutal fuck. Kinda a shame as I liked playing him.

Pokken: I've been playing mostly with Gengar. Maybe there's a bit of nostalgia to do with the decision but I'm sure that alone didn't do it or I would have picked Mewtwo. He's a challenging character to play with a lot of gimmicks and options which attracted me in a game where most characters are relatively straight forward and easier to play. Plus I love that in Mega form he's basically an entirety different character with his own set of strengths and drawbacks instead of being a super version of his normal form like most other characters. Plus all that wailing and screaming is so cute 😳

Street Fighter V:I'm playing it less now but still doing so. So far I've stuck with Vega. Played him a bit in past games but right now he feels like the member of the cast that fits me best. I like his range and good speed, plus again some nice gimmicks with the claw switching and FBA, the former I need to learn to use more while the later to restrain from.

Killer Instinct: I'm still not 100% sure of who I want to play with, though Shadow Jago is in the lead. His quick teleporting rushdown style is a joy to play, and I love his surge system. Next is Spinal, managing skulls is a lot of fun and he has pretty good reach and strike options. Others I'm interested in are Riptor, Sadira, TJ Combo, Hisako and Fulgore, but this list isn't final.

Super Smash Bros: This is where I spend most of my time. I cycle through so many characters here so I can't tell you who or why I play them, though the most frequently picked are Mewtwo, Ganondorf, Jigglypuff, Ness, Cloud, and Donkey Kong.

Pompadour

Street Fighter V: Once I made it to Gold with my Karin I switched over to Casual matches with Alex. I'm not a fan of grapplers or charge characters, typically, but he's a lot of fun.

Guilty Gear Xrd: I play Slayer as I'm a big fan of mix-up heavy characters and a little Faust because I enjoy gigantic freaks. I'm interested in Kum Haehyun, as well.

Super Smash Bros: I'll include this as a friend came over that I played Melee with for years this weekend. I mostly play Mac because I tend to gravitate to any boxer in a fighting game and a little Ryu. Playing a lag free one-on-one match was a lot of fun, more than I anticipated.

Messiah

Street Fighter V - I play as Karin as I enjoy playing footsies and the execution of her combos. Have been throwing Ryu into the mix lately for a bit of variety. That said I don't boot up the game as regularly as I used to. All the issues the game has just add up and leave a bitter taste in my mouth.

Blazblue CPEX - Picked it up when it released on PC and have been playing it a bunch. I liked playing Tsubaki the most in CSE so I mainly stuck with her for this game as well. Have come to like Azrael lately and will probably put some work into him.

Looking forward to picking up Melty next week and with the 2nd Encore DLC coming up on PC I will probably play some Skullgirls again.

Infinite

Smash 4: I play both mother characters but I prefer to play Lucas. Picked up Pikachu but I need to work on it more. Wanna play Kirby as well.

Pokken: Sceptile cause he's so cool to play as.

SFV: Cammy cause she's very versatile.

BadWolf

SFV: Said I would main Mika since her reveal and have been using her pretty much since the beta. Just an all around fun character, great animation.

Xrd: Just messed around with the demo, diggin Jam.

VF5FS: Jean, very badass character. Reminds me of Ryo.

Skikkiks

SFV: Birdie mainly, surge of playing Alex due to him coming out, and Mika/Dhalsim for fun
Killer Instinct: Still getting used to the game, but it'll probably be Spinal. He's clicking the most from what little I've played.
Guilty Gear: Faust forever *clap clap clapclapclap*

Over the weekend, Justin and KBrad won some CPT ranking points @ a Brazilian event. I wonder how much CPT tourism we'll see this season. In the tournament thread folks were hypothesizing that SoCal FGC might go to Japanowa CPT ranking event in Tijuana Mexico since it's closer than Nor Cal or Evo for those folks.

Tornix

SFV: I've been focusing on Dhalsim since release, though lately I've started to work on my alt, Karin. I haven't been practicing as often with XrdR demo and FEFates eating my time, but I have strong players in my area so it kind of makes up for it.

XrdR: Mainly Axl/I-no still, but I'm messing around with Jack-O and Jam. I probably won't end up using Jack-O and Jam's always been fun for me to use on the side so I think I'll stick with her casually.

I think when KoFXIV releases I may have to drop SFV entirely.

Messiah

Is that Team Secret just getting into the FGC game or do they have anyone else?

I know them as a Dota sponsor mainly.

Only know them from Dota as well and ...

well from what I heard in the dota scene. Team Secret hasn't paid their dota players or there was some drama w/ that so idk how itll work out w/ poongko

I know im gonna see you at combobreaker right
... this has me concerned as well.

Hope it works out for Poongko though.

Hadn't heard about the Team Secret controversy since I've been out of the Dota loop for almost a year. Hopefully that all gets sorted and Poongko gets his due.

pixelish

holy shit, poongko got picked up by team secret? that's amazing.

i'm pretty sure they're a legit team. they just won a major and if they were shady, valve would have done something no?

As far as I understand it, most DOTA events don't pay out the winners until sometimes months after the tournament, except Valve who pays directly to players almost immediately. Team Secret's DOTA team shuffled their roster a couple of times and a lot of players were never paid their tournament winnings after they left the team, plus there was a manager who was promised a cut but never paid for like a dozen events.

I think Poongko's fine for tournament winnings, but he should be careful about paying for anything himself and expecting the team to reimburse it.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
How do these dedicated E-Sports teams generate revenue?

Like they don't have a product they sell or anything, so how does something like EG or Liquid or Secret sustain themselves?

I didn't believe you on that Bravers Revel team name and sure enough their player profiles combine to read マリーローズちゃん バレーしにいきます。

pixelish

Like they don't have a product they sell or anything, so how does something like EG or Liquid or Secret sustain themselves?

have you not seen the eg jerseys? people who wear them are like walking billboards

Oh, you poor wee thing.
care to elaborate? i admit i'm not familiar with the relationship between valve and the dota 2 competitive scene aside from the valve-sanctioned tournaments

Sponsorships, and i think some take a percentage of winnings. Don't think EG does. Also they do sell merchandise and stuff

Sponsors. The shirts the teams wear are atrocious but they gotta get that HYPER X money.

care to elaborate? i admit i'm not familiar with the relationship between valve and the dota 2 competitive scene aside from the valve-sanctioned tournaments

I was just making a joke about Valve "doing something". But I don't believe Valve would have anything to do with it anyway unless it was specific winnings from one of their majors.

EG and Liquid have extensive sponsorship deals, plus EG is owned by Twitch/Amazon. Secret is (probably) financed by the son of a rich guy in Turkey, and a lot of the Chinese DOTA teams are just pet projects for the sons of rich billionaires.
also I heard team secret is run by cyborgmatt and I hear no one likes him
Neogaf's own cyborgmatt is the manager for Team Secret, yes.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Am I a bad person for wanting Infiltration to win every premiere event, if only to force everyone else to grind like mad for points?

Start forcing them big name players to show up at smaller ranking events.

Line_HTX

I thought enough people sub or donate to Arturo so that he goes deep in the bracket.

I guess sponsoring would be for more recognition.

Am I a bad person for wanting Infiltration to win every premiere event, if only to force everyone else to grind like mad for points?

Start forcing them big name players to show up at smaller ranking events.
Na i'm the same with you. Infil is getting free trips to explore/see the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom