• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kikirin

Braver's Revel 2016, the national event for BlazBlue, is wrapping up their qualifiers and some character data in regards to participation and character frequency per region.

Thanks for compiling this information! It's very interesting to look at.

sokuej.gif

My health...

Shun

Nice work, Shun! Looks really nice and thorough. I know it's still being updated, but which Rachel ended up qualifying?

Tetsuwo the Rachel. I was at a live last night and I will update more later, I basically have everything it i just the formatting on this forrum that take use to.

A lot of top level players were either upset during qualifiers and could not get through the other locations, or they have personal commitments.

It is a 2v2 tournament so the dynamic is a little different from your 3v3, 5v5, and double eliminations.

Thanks for compiling this information! It's very interesting to look at.

Still updating when I am off this concert high, I will repost on a new page later so more people can see it.

stn

Which games are you playing lately and which characters are you using? And why?

SF5 - Rashid: easy to learn, looks cool, and suits my playstyle for the most part.
MKX - Kano (Cutthroat): not complicated, suits my play style, and has options for everything.

Also, I'm one of the few that still plays Street Fighter x Tekken. Message me if ever down for 360 XBL matches.

shaowebb

Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax Ignition- Really good fighter with great meter and burst systems by the folks who did Under Night. Crazy movesets and assists mean this game is just packed with fun times.

I play Minato Tomoka because her setups with projectiles and grabs are amazing. She's the Stephen Curry of fighting games

Nitroplus Blasterz Heroines Infinite Duel-The folks at EXAMU made a fighter where you can use 2 assists at the same time with roughly the same burst system as Dengeki. Game is incredibly fast with all its cancel combos and the vanishing guard system makes for very fast in your face reversal moments. Incredibly fast pace game with wild combos, movesets and setups every second.

I play Muramasa because those zipline grab combos are so swank.

Arcana Heart 3 Love Max- This game has homing dash cancels, insane launcher combos, some of the most creative movesets I've ever seen and the ability to equip an entire character's worth of specials, supers, passive abilities and custom xfactor abilities to ANY character which is balanced by buffs and minuses to your def and atk power. It has to be the most insane sandbox fighter I've ever played and if it starred DBZ instead of waifus I'm convinced it would have swept the fighting game scene as one of the best fighters out there, but its theme greatly holds it back. I play because its that fucking amazing.

I play Dorothy because her card traps and setups with her ability to get secondary attacks off of cards she's thrown on screen from other attacks once they make a 5 card hand is amazing. She is without a doubt one of my favorite movesets of all time

Tatsunoko vs Capcom Ultimate All Stars-Because its just that fucking good and I am fucking in love with the movesets. Tag fighting at its best. We can only hope these characters movesets return someday.

I play Hurrican Polymar because he hits like a truck,can side step behind you like a roll, can combo into command grab supers, and has a move that cancels into high, low or grab and forces you to guess, plus one of the best assists in the game. FUCK IT CLICK THIS IF YOU WANNA KNOW WHY I LOVE POLIMAR! MANLY PICTURE TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIME

GOkvUIL.gif

For a fun review of Hurricane Polymar start looking for my gif laden posts starting on this page and continuing for many thereafter. Its a bloodbath

Numb

SFV : Vega/Mika. Like em both. Vega for the stabbing and Mika for the wrestling
Pokken: Pikachu Libre. Fun character also wrestling with stunners. Sold!
TTT2: Mokujin. Cos i'm crazy

Hyun Sai

SFV, Vega (Claw).

Never played this character before, but SFV nailed the design and gameplay. Always wanted to try a stance character for a while too. And his CA is hands down the most beautiful of the game.

SFV: Laura. Fun to play and pretty easy execution. I played Abel in Vanilla SF4 and she has a similar game plan.
Pokken: Gengar. Favorite Pokemon and that's the only reason why lol.

miku

SFV - Karin - OHHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO
DOAX3 - Hitomi - her short hair is cute
GGXrdR Demo - Jack-O' - no idea how to play her so I just use stylish mode

Also have Nitro+ but still haven't open the game yet

shaowebb

Yo he meant to kill that dude with that many blows to the back of the head

Polymar was the most savage this whole time

Polymar's specialty was hitting dudes repeatedly Loooooooooooooong after they went limp. Not even shitting you, he maimed and killed folks and laughed about it on the show. Literally would show up doing a villain laugh before gouging his fingers knuckle deep into a mans eyes and then breaking a dude's neck. This was a kid's show too lol.

Once he drowned a man and then smiled. Like no shit the dude died from it. Here's the gifs. And remember Polymar is super strong and can punch through boulders and throw trucks. These are NORMAL people he's hitting.
ZDtc933.gif

oH9DyhM.gif

WRq2uPj.gif

WLGtiS9.png

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty

VF5FS because im oneida, practicing filthy Lau stuff because NB is later this month and using Pai at CECC last month was a big mistake

Polymar's specialty was hitting dudes repeatedly Loooooooooooooong after they went limp. Not even shitting you, he maimed and killed folks and laughed about it on the show. Literally would show up doing a villain laugh before gouging his fingers knuckle deep into a mans eyes and then breaking a dude's neck. This was a kid's show too lol.

Once he drowned a man and then smiled. Like no shit the dude died from it. Here's the gifs. And remember Polymar is super strong and can punch through boulders and throw trucks. These are NORMAL people he's hitting.
ZDtc933.gif

oH9DyhM.gif

WRq2uPj.gif

WLGtiS9.png

Holy Fuck

Astarte

BBCPEX: Amane. He's really fun and chip damage game strong. Unfortunately my neutral game needs a lot of working on and I get blown up hilariously easily.
GGXrdRev: Jam. Help me do these stupid 1 frame links. I've been waiting for Jam for a while so I'm pretty happy, unfortunately this is a lot of work X_X Ky if I'm feeling like I don't want to get as severely shit on
Melty: Satsuki. Unlimited Dunk Works. Still working on knowing what each moon does for her as well as the entire cast.
SFV: Alex. I'm shit at this game.
Skullgirls: Fukua/Parasoul. I'm also shit at this game.

Tatsunoko was STRONG and not afraid. Too bad with the big fuck up that was Yoru no Yatterman Tatsunoko is gone from my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom