• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anne

Wow, wasn't expecting so many congrats and nice things ;~; thanks.

Was way cool waking up and seeing almost 300 RTs on that article and all of the shares. Was worried the more niche stuff wouldn't pick up traction but I think I can worry less about that.

mbpm1

Was Guilty Gear even as popular in 2011

image.php

Anne

Was Guilty Gear even as popular in 2011

It was dead and Sega was still holding the rights until about halfway through 2011 iirc. After ASW got the rights back they went into making Xrd shortly after. With all that in mind there was no way in hell anything was happening for that series. Most of the reason Blazblue is a fighting game that functions even remotely like it does is because of the rights to GG going poof for a bit.

People were still playing GGXXAC+ and stuff and the franchise had some recognition, but for all intent and purposes most people assumed it died immediately after GG2 being less than great and Sega owning the rights.

shaowebb

Street Fighter X Guilty Gear would have been a lot cooler of an idea than Street Fighter X Tekken.

Street Fighter characters would look so damned Vanilla next to Guilty Gear character designs. I'd love to see the new movesets they'd get to compete with ASW though.

It was dead and Sega was still holding the rights until about halfway through 2011 iirc. After ASW got the rights back they went into making Xrd shortly after. With all that in mind there was no way in hell anything was happening for that series. Most of the reason Blazblue is a fighting game that functions even remotely like it does is because of the rights to GG going poof for a bit.

People were still playing GGXXAC+ and stuff and the franchise had some recognition, but for all intent and purposes most people assumed it died immediately after GG2 being less than great and Sega owning the rights.

I read somewhere that TvC(2010?) originally was supposed to be ASW vs Capcom.

Given that possibility I don't think people would have been as delighted if the crossover characters were only characters from Blazblue. Well, the western part of the FGC at least.

It would be better than Street Fighter IV or V.

ASW SF would ship with more than survival mode and 2 player lobbies at least.

So should I buy the latest Melty Blood or Blazblue?

Melty's getting the rollback patch soon to fix the netcode and is only $20 for a few more days (before going back to $25)

New Blazblue is coming out soon, but if you wanna start practicing on an earlier iteration you could pick up the one on PS4 as it's gotten a lot cheaper since it came out.

It's a toss up, they're both great games. Go with the one that looks more interesting to you.

Edit: Just saw the "For Steam" title. Don't even think the most recent version of Blazblue is on it so go with melty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom