• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaowebb

Degica games is bringing Koihime Enbu to the west!

Very unexpected but I am glad it will be available here.

HOLY SHIT! Koihime Enbu will be on Steam!? This game is fucking great! I'm still playing the console release thats only a few months old. Does this mean I can get some english in this game now so I can stop forgetting the names of characters?

Seriously, if you like the footsies of SF you'd probably really have fun in Koihime Enbu. It is NOT an airdash fighter and combos do not get super long like in typical anime fighting games. Its got its amount of styling longer combos, but its all super fair. Plus you have assist moves and a crumple system that awards your moves with new properties and options when you start combo-ing folks you crumple. Plus this is the ONLY way to gain access to your "Ultra" in this game which means you have to confirm into it and can't just raw dog it and go in dry.

Soundtrack is amazing too.

Maybe my "Shao" can actually face people sometime :)
nl35yYd.jpg

Fear my doom hoopies.

notworksafe

Also fuck Ono for making a game so shitty it killed what could have been a good title at another company. Dude has never produced a good game in his life, toss him in the trash with Inafune.

.la1n

Also fuck Ono for making a game so shitty it killed what could have been a good title at another company. Dude has never produced a good game in his life, toss him in the trash with Inafune.

Can't say I disagree, quality control is all over the place when he's involved with a game. The problem is who is left at Capcom capable of even heading a fighting game? The notable people have already jumped ship to greener pastures or at least pastures that aren't smeared with cow poo.

notworksafe

If it weren't for Ono there would most likely have been no SFIV or SFV.

oh well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Can't say I disagree, quality control is all over the place when he's involved with a game. The problem is who is left at Capcom capable of even heading a fighting game? The notable people have already jumped ship to greener pastures or at least pastures that aren't smeared with cow poo.

well yeah, that's a whole other issue

shaowebb

If it weren't for Ono there would most likely have been no SFIV or SFV.

oh well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm not an SF guy, but I'm glad we got Ono. His presence put a lot of people's interest into FGC. Streaming, tournies, sticks, merchandise, east vs west game rivalries...SF and Ono had a lot of good things for the FGC. Its even on ESPN now.

Plus the dude loves Darkstalkers. Can't hate him with that on his agenda.

CO_Andy

Let's be frank: no SF or Tekken fan wanted a crossover game with the other's franchise.

Line_HTX

The FGC is. I'm just stating that he helped really grow the FGC into what its become now with his contributions. Though IMO they should put his antics up there. Dude is hilarious.

I guess ESPN did do a mention on the Ultra Grand Finals, but the more notable mention on the network was the Woshige Xrd fuckup, LMAO

shaowebb

After the announcement?

Speak for yourself.

I was interested HEAVILY once I saw Poison and it was a tag fighter. My interest was killed by:

• Gem system
  • preorder gem exclusives
  • pandora's back and forth storied development giving the impression they didn't know what to do with a very core mechanic
  • a dozen characters on disc locked away for dlc being discovered after we found out prior to launch vita would launch with them. Pretty much told us we would have huge dlc and what seemed like it could mean a "super" edition very soon. This killed a ton of preorders and folks joining in because they were "waiting for super edition"
  • Cross Assault
  • the enormous amount of exclusive ps3 only cast spitting on the the 360 players who showed interest
  • the horrible mocking of fans with BBA Megaman (it was in poor taste at a very sore time)
  • the enormous amount of launch glitches
  • the very big balance issues between the tekken and SF cast
  • the legendarily bad timer issues

And you know what the saddest part is? This game is FUCKING GREAT NOW. Like it is really really good. The combat is fun, the tag combo mechanics of double heavies and all the other tag methods are just wonderful and feel cool, the comeback and hype potential in matches can easily create moments given all the options, the roster is huge, and it had great customization stuff.

This was an incredibly good game that didn't just get off on the wrong foot but crawled out on broken legs and slowly healed enough to walk. Sadly it never got healed up enough to start running out there in tourney numbers. Too many mistakes early in killed it.

Yeah, some of those Tekken character adaptations are a true loss to the genre. Jin, Kazuya, Bob, and Steve are some cool ass characters.

I was always more interested in TxSF, though.

pixelish

do you guys think we'll be seeing more sf characters in tekken 7? after the announcement today, i have a feeling akuma is only in t7 because he was an unused asset from txsf.

.la1n

do you guys think we'll be seeing more sf characters in tekken 7? after the announcement today, i have a feeling akuma is only in t7 because he was an unused asset from txsf.

Akuma turned out better than I would have ever expected in Tekken 7 but until some of the forgotten classics make a return (Lei) I would be pretty unhappy with additional guest crap.

Unless the option is we either get Ryu or Bob because Bob can rot in the pantheon of terrible fighting game characters along with Rufus.

Line_HTX

I always wondered what was up with the Tekken cast getting more of a favorable matchup to the SF cast, but ultimately, it was just Timeout x tournament that got the game to kill itself. What a spectacular fall that it got for that entire year before the 2013 patch came.

NWS is the type of old dood that would see a puppy shove it off his chair.

I think Ono is doing well and was a change for a lot of Japanese companies from being extremely insular to more open to western developers and brought back fighters to popularity.

Still remember PS3 era trying to get info from a Japanese developer. So much formality.

notworksafe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom