• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.
DMC5 really needs to exist now cuz as cool and valid an idea for reboot as God of War: The Last of Us was, they really ditched all its DMC roots

and cuz Scalebound looked soooooooooooooo flabby

Coda

DMC5 really needs to exist now cuz as cool and valid an idea for reboot as God of War: The Last of Us was, they really ditched all its DMC roots

Nier Automata is the answer as far as Platinum's best upcoming game. It looks remarkable, it's too bad there was no new footage or news about it at E3.

Already posted it in the discord but I'm gonna hold this moment b: https://www.redbull.com/us/en/esports/stories/1331800268163/underdog-emerges-at-fight-for-6ix

Also did SteamCo give up on Esports/FGC because of the CPT changes? If so that really sucks https://pvplive.net/c/end-of-an-era-the-steam-co-esports-disbands

Congrats!

Nier Automata is the answer as far as Platinum's best upcoming game. It looks remarkable, it's too bad there was no new footage or news about it at E3.

Isn't there supposed to be information about it this week? I thought I remembered seeing that Square was doing stuff this week with their games.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Already posted it in the discord but I'm gonna hold this moment b: https://www.redbull.com/us/en/esports/stories/1331800268163/underdog-emerges-at-fight-for-6ix

Also did SteamCo give up on Esports/FGC because of the CPT changes? If so that really sucks https://pvplive.net/c/end-of-an-era-the-steam-co-esports-disbands
Damn, a GAF name change too?

Congrats breh. Glad all of those sets you played with me helped you step your game up!

Why was Ono @ e3 btw? SFV DLC?
IIRC doesn't SFV have a presence at E3? I remember hearing something new was playable there, probably Ibuki?

peter0611

is there a recap?
I think I entered his channel fairly late and missed most of it, but I'm sure it's all in VODs. The part that killed me was when he commented that the choirmen in Sony's orchestra looked like waiters from Red Lobster and he's order the Tour of Little Italy.

But not even Aris could completely roast them; the Sony press conference was too impressive. I actually didn't even get into the RE franchise until I first watched Aris stream it.

they had that sneak peek thing for the story mode already I believe or at e3. Maybe they want ppl to be hype about other things and forget about the sfv mess

Dahbomb

Pretty much what is being discussed in the DMC4 thread right now.

GoW4 is basically not in the same genre as DMC anymore and neither is Scalebound. The genre is pretty much dead now unless DMC5 comes back.

The genre needs DMC/Itsuno now more than ever.

Surprised to see no Nier 2 information either... man Sony Japanese showing this year was lousy compared to last year's.

Dahbomb

That Spiderman game looks pretty damn dope no lie:

ConventionalJitteryAmurminnow.gif

At least no more garbage Activion Marvel games for a while.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

http://giant.gfycat.com/ConventionalJitteryAmurminnow.gif[IMG]

At least no more garbage Activion Marvel games for a while.[/QUOTE]

Only game I care about. Doesn't even look impressive I just hope it's a Spider man game that's good

Dahbomb

There's already a petition that was made on Reddit when that whole news about Disney game rights came out.

Honestly a MVC4 (while extremely unlikely) is more likely now than it was a year ago.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Gaming has become way too convoluted for me.

We're going to have three consoles with each having an alt.
We have mobile gaming.
We have PC gaming. And with it variations. Steam, GOG, Ubiplay, Origin, etc.
We'll have multiple different VR hardware and each having it's own ecosystem.
And other misc ways to play games.

Hard to keep up and definitely way more expensive than it's ever been.

pizzacat

Banned
Gaming has become way too convoluted for me.

We're going to have three consoles with each having an alt.
We have mobile gaming.
We have PC gaming. And with it variations. Steam, GOG, Ubiplay, Origin, etc.
We'll have multiple different VR hardware and each having it's own ecosystem.
And other misc ways to play games.

Hard to keep up and definitely way more expensive than it's ever been.
Everything has an alt that cost extra, fighting games were on that since the beginning :0

Sayad

Frankly I found the general showing lousy this year. Not much was exciting to me.
You didn't like post abortion Reedus?!
I think the only thing I'm looking forward to is TLG and I probably wont pick it up at full price. It's not that there aren't games I'm excited for, they're just not getting shown on main stages this year.

shaowebb

ConventionalJitteryAmurminnow.gif

At least no more garbage Activion Marvel games for a while.

No lies detected here. Game looks super fine and is one of my top "gonna play me summa dat" titles shown now. Hope the swing mechanic is done well like Bionic Commando or Batman with more options. Just no blind swing with no tall building stuff. I like to target my shots every time. Adds to the sensation of acrobatics and moving through the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom