• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbpm1

Street Fighter V pros talk about their biggest issues with the CPT

Kind of interesting. I still don't think the point structure should be flatter, but the people calling for it are exactly those you would expect. Like Ricki, LPN or Flash. Players that travel a lot but never win a tournament. They barely have a chance to make it.
I do like the idea of restricting the regional finals a little bit, though. They don't really fulfill the role they're supposed to have.
And lol at Snake Eyez.
Also gief needs a green hand.

Dahbomb

Street Fighter V pros talk about their biggest issues with the CPT

Kind of interesting. I still don't think the point structure should be flatter, but the people calling for it are exactly those you would expect. Like Ricki, LPN or Flash. Players that travel a lot but never win a tournament. They barely have a chance to make it.
I do like the idea of restricting the regional finals a little bit, though. They don't really fulfill the role they're supposed to have.
And lol at Snake Eyez.
LMAO @ Snake Eyez! Give back Green Hand!

I think everyone has similar complaints:

Too many events, too complex, skewered point distribution and regions need to be actually locked. And Brent has issues with online events too.

BadWolf

Isn't Namco doing something like that with the T7 tournament series? I remember something about region locking being said during commentary at SCR.

notworksafe

Yep, you can only win a spot in the main event from a qualifier if you reside in the region the qualifier is being held. Otherwise that spot goes to a last chance qualifier tourney.

pixelish

main problem with this year's cpt for me as a stream monster is the scheduling for premier events. they should really consider spreading the premier events apart more evenly as this year's scheduling post-evo has been either a long stretch of no premier events or premier events happening too close to each other (or even worse, having two premier events on the same weekend like what happened last weekend).

I think having all these extra tournaments on the CPT is a good thing for the community while it can strain the top players. Having you're regular regional tournament be turned into a CPT event can draw in a lot more players from around the country and other countries which in turn boosts your viewership and can make said tournament a more well known name. Your top players from that region also get a chance to get themselves out there as well on a bigger scale.

Having online tournaments that hand out points for a game with this netcode tho? LUL

When there is downtime and I have to stare at that ESports screen while I wait for matches to start, how about getting me up to date on who are actually IN the CPT event? I ended up playing Overwatch while waiting and ended up falling asleep before top 8 started which was crazy late.

The fact that they don't have simple stat screens of the players (CPT points, if they are currently qualified, how many points they need to qualify) or show the placements at every CPT events. The point system and who
We don't even get a youtube vid of current standings of the CPT. I couldn't find a Capcom Tour video explaining the point system in a simple, straightforward manner.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
The problem is that the system is so complicated, there's no easy way to show what a certain player needs to do to get in. They could show current standings, though. They do actually track all that stuff pretty well.

Have some of you never been to the CPT site? It's not stat heavy but it does have things mentioned like standings, points, automatic qualifiers, etc.

Shouta

Current structure isn't hard to comprehend considering we've used it for 2 years now, more or less. However, Capcom needs to be more stringent with choosing their tournaments and making them get information out ahead of time for everyone. Lots of tournaments, especially, ones in Asia, were getting their info out way too late, meaning players that want to travel to them cannot. That's stupid.

They should also either ban some of the regional restrictions that some tournaments are doing or bake it into their system. That sort of decision shouldn't come from a tournament level but the tour level. Online tournaments need to go too though 'cause dat netcode is garbo.

Perro

CPT Latinamerica is a mess. Next time capcom should do a CPT SA and CPT CA. Online tournaments between México and Brasil ayyy.

Malice215

I don't have a problem with the CPT structure. The problem starts with the lack of communication from Capcom on explaining this stuff, so people spread misinformation.

For the most part, there's been something to watch each weekend which has been great. Plus you wouldn't see players going to these far away tournaments if they weren't on the tour, but there's been some tournaments with issues or cancellations, so it would be best to trim down the total number of events that are on the tour.

Numb

wow pro talk really got cancelled!!
The ultimate dodge
Need it in some other form tho

tumblr_of611y0P2p1qfkfyjo1_540.jpg

tumblr_of611y0P2p1qfkfyjo2_540.jpg
Yaaas

CurlyW

The one change I'd suggest for the Capcom Pro Tour would be more "tiers" of events. Something like:

• Ranking Event (base point scale)
  • Major Event (2x base point scale, $5k pot bonus)
  • Premier Event (4x base point scale, $10k pot bonus)
  • Evolution (10x base point scale, $25k pot bonus)
This is under the assumption that Capcom has money next year

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
They could maybe bind points to how big the tournament is and have tiers for that. 4th place at the 5,000 people EVO tournament getting the same amount of points as the winner of a tiny Latin America tournament the same weekend was ridiculous.

Tripon

With Mike Ross leaving twitch, it'll be interesting on who they hire to replace him since Ross' job evolved to basically be a liaison to the Capcom Pro Tour for Twitch.

Twitch hired Zhi to be an overall ambassador to the FGC.

I can easily see a guy like James Chen take over Mike Ross CPT Twitch overseer. Jebailey would also be good if he didn't just sign with Avyd before EVO.

I'm going to guess it's either a prominent commentaror like James Chen or a TO like the Hadou.

With Mike Ross leaving twitch, it'll be interesting on who they hire to replace him since Ross' job evolved to basically be a liaison to the Capcom Pro Tour for Twitch.

I can easily see a guy like James Chen take over Mike Ross CPT Twitch overseer. Jebailey would also be good if he didn't just sign with Avyd before EVO.

I'm going to guess it's either a prominent commentaror like James Chen or a TO like the Hadou.

They already hired Daigo to replace Mike Ross

vulva

I don't see Chen taking that spot since he has a really good career outside of the FGC.

Honestly, Gootecks could be a good option for the job if he was open to it.

pixelish

here's some news for the ddr fans out there. our malaysian fgc head posted on fb that daigo will be restreaming fv cup (last ranking event of this cpt) this weekend probably on beast tv.

I am so delighted to inform that Daigo will be doing stream coverage for FV Cup 2016 in Japanese this weekend at Red Bull Japan office.

here is the current list of notable intl players attending fv cup so far
Bonchan
Sako
Ryan Hart
Yukadon
Jiewa
Oil King
Gackt
Xian (3v3 only)
Humanbomb
Saunic
Marn
Itazan
of course, top malaysian players like chuan and kofmaster will be there as well.

jett

D-Member

Do we have an inkling on where Mike is off to? Is he not going to be involved in the FGC anymore? (professionally, that is)

Such a shame that Capcom Pro Talk is dead, one of my favorite webshows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom