• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CO_Andy

Expectations couldn't be lower at this point given pretty much every rumour, but I hope they're not true and Nintendo does a 180 from their current trajectory + this is actually something that is no nonsense competitive both hardware and software-wise.

Enzo seems upset about the Nintendo NX.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Enzo seems upset about the Nintendo NX.
Not so much upset as in keeping my expectations in check.

Also, I don't know how much this is still the case but at least with Nintendo (more than other devs/big three) you have a greater chance of real surprises that you wouldn't expect from leaks, so there's always hope. Just withered a bit over the last decade.

here's some news for the ddr fans out there. our malaysian fgc head posted on fb that daigo will be restreaming fv cup (last ranking event of this cpt) this weekend probably on beast tv.

here is the current list of notable intl players attending fv cup so far

of course, top malaysian players like chuan and kofmaster will be there as well.

Pools for FV cup have been released. It looks like their are only 72 players total.
http://challonge.com/FVCup2016

The one player that's not mentioned in that list but is probably the most important player is Tse4444. He's the HK Chun player and he's in this tournament. He's also the most vulnerable to losing his spot in Capcom Cup.

He only has 128 regional points with 2 ranking events left this weekend. If he doesn't earn any points then anybody with 0 points could tie him by winning either of the two. Anybody with at least one 1 point would pass him by winning either of the two. I'm loving how this is going down to the wire this weekend in the Asian side. I'm guessing other top players like Poongko or Itabashi who still aren't qualified are opting for the online tourney instead. Good luck with that, I'm sure it will be full of killers.

Nintendo vs Capcom

RIP Mahvel

lol

considering Nintendo's recent history with fighting game development, I think it would be hilarious to have Nintendo vs. Capcom, only to find out it was developed by Namco.

edit: Namco Bandai, Capcom, Koei Tecmo, and Sega all confirmed parters for Nintendo Switch. Let's get some FGs on there!

Dahbomb

edit: Namco Bandai, Capcom, Koei Tecmo, and Sega all confirmed parters for Nintendo Switch. Let's get some FGs on there!
Yeah... just like the Wii U...

18j228bul4qi0jpg.jpg

Nintendo Switch looks nice but it needs that 3rd party support. Also interesting to note that the latter portion of the trailer had quite a bit of EEEEEEEE Sports stuff in it, maybe Nintendo is serious about going in on E sports with the Switch?

shaowebb

• Take your console with you anywhere...work, car, buggy at walmart. Not a handheld but the full console.
  • Solid state memory cutting down load time pains and size issues for storing/carrying around games.
  • The potential for virtua console+Nintendo Switch to create an environment where older fighting games can just pop up and get impromptu tournies anywhere without the needs of a setup at a tournament. Plus if we're talking fighters WB, Capcom and ASW are listed already.
  • From a developer standpoint its an HD system that does NOT require dual development for parity across two iterative sets of specs like the PS4 and X1 have become. Say what you will about specs but this is a real concern for developers to split develop just to insure a stable release for ONE console that has two hardware variants in its market and it can get expensive.
  • Portable Skyrim

This thing will sell and has a lot of potential. Especially to family folks and gamers who grew up looking for an escape at work during breaks. Its far more powerful than any handhelds and is the first fully portable console. I seriously doubt that Nintendo won't use this device in tandem with mobile stuff too since its essentially a tablet as well.

I look forward to seeing what titles are announced for it. This has a lot of potential.

shaowebb

I'm wondering if some games will work in tandem with mobile apps or touch screen GUI stuff.

Might we FINALLY see a damned MOBA on a nintendo Tablet like I hoped? The damned Wii U interface was perfect for PC GUI games to finally hit console but the install base and online killed the interest. Really hoping to see it happen this time around.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Switch is pretty interesting from a tournament perspective, like shown in the sizzle reel.

Of course this is based on so many contingencies that may or may not be supported by the platform, but bringing your setup with you, docking it, and having all of your character/control preferences automatically synced to a LAN game would be dope. Most likely you won't be able to dock multiple consoles into one system, and a LAN network of the sort would add significant latency, but it's a cool thought. I remember them talking about potentially doing something like that for SFxTK preferences, which I can't recall if that materialized or not.

shaowebb

What fighting games are on Virtual Console accounts? Is there a chance the Wii eshop ports will FINALLY make it over to a new gen after they essentially started over on their marketplace for Wii U?

So much potential here for impromptu side tournies.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
What fighting games are on Virtual Console accounts? Is there a chance the Wii eshop ports will FINALLY make it over to a new gen after they essentially started over on their marketplace for Wii U?

So much potential here for impromptu side tournies.

SNK stuff

They even made an accessory to strap the Switch to the car head support. It means you can play fighting games while going to fighting games tournaments. We just need arcade stick adaptors.

That's only available on there via hackery right? PSP2 never went up on the digital store and/or wasn't a Vita compatible title IIRC. If it was I would go buy a Vita for it.

It was digital when it first released but for some reason got taken down a couple years ago. I moved it onto my Vita during that one day where Sony accidentally pushed the button to let all games move onto the Vita.

onionfrog

Monster Hunter is gonna be great on it
I feel pretty burned by the Wii U, But I'll end up getting the Switch for monster hunter.
I'm ready to play monster hunter on my TV again.

If we're luck they'll have to use new models instead of recycling the psp/wii assets for every game!
They'll re-use the same assets... I'll enjoy the hell out of it and put a couple hundred hours into the game

If the virtual console isn't fucked the system will be good for imprompt setups for playing classic fighting games.

CO_Andy

Not sure why Smash fans are upset Splatoon was shown instead of Smash for the fictional eSports segment.

Truly the dregs of Nintendo fandom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom