• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cj_iwakura

Weren't you getting heated up since your anime game didn't have english

Because the publishing company are treating the VAs and their fans like dirt? Yeah, that deserved to be called out. You don't see me slinging insults and curses at Aksys staff like they've done to me, though.

NEO0MJ

Boys, boys! Calm down, please.
While I generally side with your proponents CJ, I do think you have a point about how changing some classic characters might have had a negative effect and how V-stuff might have added some extra complexity. My casual friends didn't like the changes done to their characters and the new gimmicks, even though they might appear simple to us. People, especially casual players, don't want to have to sit down for long and adapt to new changes. The core of focus attack was easier to get and adopt between characters IMO.

Tbf Urien wasnt in a SF game for 18 years and he's kinda the same

Even got his target combos

haha I said SF game so somebody wouldn't say CFJ and face just posted lmao

tumblr_inline_o1tvsnK3Fa1scq4k2_500.gif

cj_iwakura

You seem to be pretty mad at video games in general.

Unless you forgotten your own rant at the localization of the last BB gsme.

I haven't, and I think I've handled it about as professionally as I could. Not like I'm alone, since 5000 people including the VAs have signed it.

Tripon

I haven't, and I think I've handled it about as professionally as I could. Not like I'm alone, since 5000 people including the VAs have signed it.
I suppose we have different definitions of what professionalism is. I don't consider that rant respectful or professional at all.

cj_iwakura

Again, we are talking about your conduct.

You're welcome to elaborate. I'm passionate about it making a difference, yes. I think it's pretty clear it was a wasted effort, but at least I tried. I wouldn't have even started a petition if Aksys hadn't suggested it and people who follow me asked me to.

I don't think I've ever been out of line, and I certainly haven't been slinging curses at people.

You're welcome to elaborate. I'm passionate about it making a difference, yes. I think it's pretty clear it was a wasted effort, but at least I tried. I wouldn't have even started a petition if Aksys hadn't suggested it and people who follow me asked me to.

I don't think I've ever been out of line, and I certainly haven't been slinging curses at people.

the "u mad?" and "just my opinion bro" option selects do tend to rub people the wrong way, they're not good ways of disengaging from or otherwise deescalating a conversation

i needed this laugh, thanks

even though it didn't really affect me, i thought changing the characters in sfv was a mistake. it would be in any game. you're guaranteed to alienate people that used to like whatever because it's different now. just make a new character

Producer

I don't remember if IA legs was in an of the betas. Chun had something different for sure in the 1st one.

It was discovered, or at least publicly mentioned in beta 2 (or Ken build? Dont remember). Dont know if she had it in the first one, but she had some other crazy stuff in beta 1 anyways.

Z

ZelbZelb

Unconfirmed Member
Free meal might be the last All star battle player.

because eyes of heaven came out.

I'm pretty sure Eyes of Heaven didn't sell one tenth of ASB (40k vs 500+k), lol. On top of that the online was somehow even worse. Oh well, it took Capcom like three tries to make a respected JoJo game, so CC2's got one more.

People still playing ASB in Japan, largely because netplay is decent over there, and in the US you'll run into a killer if you wait 30+ minutes.

God I hope the next game has good netcode, but they might never learn their lesson.

CountBlack currently playing infiltration on the exhibition matches on the canadacup2 stream.

EDIT: Damn, he made a sweet comeback.

EDIT2:
Lost 2-1 in the end but damn, it was really close.

Anne

Because the publishing company are treating the VAs and their fans like dirt? Yeah, that deserved to be called out. You don't see me slinging insults and curses at Aksys staff like they've done to me, though.

I mean just because you aren't hurling curses doesn't mean you aren't acting like a huge douche about it.

It really put me off, yes. I played SFA3 religiously for years, so I'm not a fan. Sorry for having an opinion, just move on.

Okay, this explains everything lmao

jett

D-Member
Is instant air legs even a real, intended move? Cuz it sure doesn't look like it.

Probably going to become the single most nerfed move in the game.

Sayad

It's not a dumb question. Of course she's suppossed to be doing lighning legs in the air, but doing them so low to the ground and to be safe on block and be able to combo after is turning the whole RPS of the game on its head.
It being plus on block is broken, but yea, it's intentionally there, was there from beta 2 and they kept it in while they removed a lot of stuff, I believe they even nerffed it a bit since it was more plus on block/hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom