• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kumubou

So I'm going to be involved with the fighting game event Angelic runs out here in February, Undefeated... a fighting game event with UMvC3 as its main game and MBCC on the roster? Yeah, this isn't your normal eeeeeeeeeeeee-sports tournament. (Although it does have SF5, because I think we're required by law to run it.)

I think Kumu wasn't being serious.
Looking back, that post was terribly written. It was meant to lament the ubiquity of loot boxes and other gatcha mechanics that are becoming super commonplace in games nowadays. Fighting games are one of the last genres to adopt it, but I think going forward they're going to be a lot more commonplace, especially since Injustice 2 already has it announced and Tekken 7 has it in the arcade version of the game. It wouldn't surprise me if the fishing system in Xrd:R was a test for ArcSys for a paid loot system later. Can't wait to start rolling for character colors and bonus music tracks. :barf:

Kumu is a respectable member whose interests stretch beyond "animu loli" :T
I don't even know where I got this reputati... oh.

Thinking about it, the only game where I actually played the loli character was Soul Calibur 4, when I played Amy (who was also stupidly strong). So what if the 2D fighters I play tend to have such a strong anime asethetic that it would make a normal man break down to nothing more than a sobbing mass of uguus?

FACE

Banned
So I'm going to be involved with the fighting game event Angelic runs out here in February, Undefeated... a fighting game event with UMvC3 as its main game and MBCC on the roster? Yeah, this isn't your normal eeeeeeeeeeeee-sports tournament. (Although it does have SF5, because I think we're required by law to run it.)

Looking back, that post was terribly written. It was meant to lament the ubiquity of loot boxes and other gatcha mechanics that are becoming super commonplace in games nowadays. Fighting games are one of the last genres to adopt it, but I think going forward they're going to be a lot more commonplace, especially since Injustice 2 already has it announced and Tekken 7 has it in the arcade version of the game. It wouldn't surprise me if the fishing system in Xrd:R was a test for ArcSys for a paid loot system later. Can't wait to start rolling for character colors and bonus music tracks. :barf:

I don't even know where I got this reputati... oh.

Thinking about it, the only game where I actually played the loli character was Soul Calibur 4, when I played Amy (who was also stupidly strong). So what if the 2D fighters I play tend to have such a strong anime asethetic that it would make a normal man break down to nothing more than a sobbing mass of uguus?

Shao's sarcasm detector was the only thing that was terrible.

I liked Max a lot when he started his MvC coverage as this professional dude that had an underlying sense of passion about the project. He still seems a knowledgeable and chill dude, but I wish he still did online warrior videos where he talked over the game footage. His voice is money and that format seems like a winner when it comes to talking about fighting games. But streaming is where the cash is and is also probably the best way to interact with his fans, so I can't blame him for the switch.

"Dank Whore" also rubbed me the wrong way when I watched that video the other day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGowLrC673Y

quick someone save this before gootecks takes it down out of embarrassment
stop it gootecks
UyT1PKT.gif

Tripon

Watch Ryu breakdancing.

https://twitter.com/redbulljapan/status/793214310273126400

----

I think Shouta already talked about it a bit in the FTW thread.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sp8cht
Pokken gets shafted, again
This weekend, a major tournament called Canada Cup is taking place. Players from all over the world are flying out to compete in this event. Games like Smash, SFV, and Marvel, among others, are being hosted. Pokken is also being hosted at this event, and some of the strong Japanese players like Azazel and Elm are there. While Pokken pools matches were being played, something strange happened: the stream cut out, and a message saying "Smash 4 soon!" appeared on the stream. This would make sense, except for the fact that it happened 2 hours earlier than it should've.

Obviously, the Pokken community being tight-knit and resilient, many people responded quickly outraged, for good reason. Something like this should not be happening at a tournament of this caliber. We now know that the Smash TO independently acted and cut our stream for Smash 4 pools. It's bad enough that we got shafted, but the fact that the stream time that we were promised is being taken away from us makes it much worse. The real question, though, is: why hasn't the issue been fixed yet? Now, it appears the TO is lying about our stream schedule (see: https://twitter.com/Deitylight/status/792405691235340288, our time slot was until 2:00 PM, not 12:00 PM). Due to several combined factors, Pokken has been shafted.

I understand that this is nothing new, and that things like this happen all the time for Pokken, and smaller games in general. Does that make this situation any less unprofessional and unfair to us? No, it doesn't. Unfortunatey, there really isn't a way to fix it at the moment, as the Canada Cup Twitter account has gone silent. The best thing that we as a community can do is to show them how much we care about our game. Make a post. Share it with @CanadaCupGaming. The more people who raise their voices in support, the better chance we have of reviving our stream, as well as of preventing instances like this from happening in the future. Please share this everyone so the word gets out. Thank you.

-Six

Anne

Just saying again, if anybody is going to be around Red Bull Battle Grounds try to come say hi to me ;~; I'll be there working.

pizzacat

Banned

Tripon

Pokken's new character is Crogunk. Taken from the thread on gaming side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j24Fo-lTEVk
----

c3pbSlr.png

Jason Day and family dressing up as VF and SF characters. The funny thing is that a CBS Golf article didn't know who Akira was (despite him listing it in the hashtags in his instragram post) and called him Ryu.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BMNijN_A_HD/
The Day family went as characters from the immortal Street Fighter game. The No. 1 player on the planet Jason Day was Ryu.

http://www.cbssports.com/golf/news/...ghter-among-the-best-golf-halloween-costumes/

thehadou

Neo Member
Just saying again, if anybody is going to be around Red Bull Battle Grounds try to come say hi to me ;~; I'll be there working.

I'm gonna flip the script on ya. I'll be there, but come say hi to me. I'll probably be trapped behind a desk somewhere managing something I wasn't planning to do.

Sayad

I'm gonna flip the script on ya. I'll be there, but come say hi to me. I'll probably be trapped behind a desk somewhere managing something I wasn't planning to do.
Don't leave without a premier event spot for Combo Breaker next season, the event more than deserve it. (ง'̀-'́)ง

Horseress

YogaFlame is probably the most known SFV youtube channel. Dude is respected by the community, no idea why he would have this info tho....and what would he mean by "early testing"?!

ShinMaruku

It's fuckery. Fighting games don't make big money. Disney wants big money. Add that with Capcom's track record.

You just have to
tumblr_oa9d26cgrr1tpafe6o1_500.gif

Horseress

It's fuckery. Fighting games don't make big money. Disney wants big money. Add that with Capcom's track record.

You just have to
tumblr_oa9d26cgrr1tpafe6o1_500.gif

Shin my man

Think about next gen Morrigan booty....think about it, you know you want it, enter the hype train, just enter, no questions....

Pompadour

Capcom has implied that there was other fighting games in the works when talking about CFN but they were very vague. However, this was awhile ago and I'm not getting my hopes up.

As for MvC4, it won't be announced at PSX unless it, too, is a PS4 exclusive. They'd save that for a Comic-Con or E3.

Dahbomb

Damn I was just about to say we haven't heard a good old Marvel related rumor in a while now.

This is a public reminder that the Zissou vs Professor Beef Marvel bet is still active. Zissou has two months to deliver the goods or else he has to wear an avatar of Beef's choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom