• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripon

Canada Cup just ended. Will update again on Wed when Capcom Pro Tour Latin American Regional Finals happens.

Capcom Cup 32 spots:

Won Premier Tournament: (8 players)

Infiltration (Final Round, NCR, EVO) (1670 global points)
Tokido (CEO, SEAM) (1048 global points)
Nuckledu (Canada Cup) (869 global points)
Xiao Hai (G League, SCR) (804 global points)
Gamerbee (Japan Cup, EGX) (732 global points)
Daigo Umehara (EU CPT Regional Finals) (563 global points)
Phenom (Dreamhack Summer) (546 global points)
Momochi (Stunfest) (524 global points)

With Infiltration, Tokido, Xiao Hai and Gamerbee winning multiple premier tournaments, it opens up 5 more spots to the Global Rankings from the original 8. Also, Nuckledu is the first American to win a Capcom Pro Tour Premier tournament since 2014.

Qualification via Global Spot: (13 at the moment)

Justin Wong (984 global points)
Fuudo (804 global points)
MOV (600 global points)
Julio Fuentes (548 global points)
Xian (520 global points)
Haitani (492 global points)
Eita (482 global points)
Luffy (455 global points)
Mago (426 global points)
Go1 (414 global points)
FChamp (400 global points)
CCL (397 global points )
Chris T (384 global points)

Outside looking in on global points:
Mister Crimson (361 global points)
Kazunoko (349 global points)
Yukadon (346 global points)
KBrad (332 points)

With Nuckledu winning Canada Cup, the big winner is Chris T by doing absolutely nothing. He grabs the last open global spot due to Nuckledu now going via grabbing the Canada Cup Premier spot.

Participates qualify via global spots before Regional ranking spots:

Qualification via regions: (8 spots)

Asia: Kazunoko (247 Asia points), Sako (137 Asia points)

Outside looking in: Tse4444 (132 Asia points), Yukadon (90 Asia points)

No changes here, as Mago keeps his global spot.

Europe: Mister Crimson (321 Europe points), Problem X (218 Europe Points)

Latin America: Brolynho (305 LA points), Misterio (203 LA points)

Outside looking in: KBrad (196 LA points)

Misterio was able to get the 2 points he needed at TRETA to pass KBrad. He gets the 2nd spot, and KBrad needs to win the CPT LA Finals in order to qualify for Capcom Cup.

However, the TO of Treta says that Misterio has visa problems and may not be able to travel to Capcom Cup. If that is true, then KBrad gets the 2nd LA spot.

North America: Ricky Ortiz (247 NA points), XsK_Samurai (202 NA points).

Outside looking in: Chris T (190 NA points), John Takeuchi (144 NA points)

XsK_Samurai getting 2nd at The Fall Classic gives him enough points over Chris T and John Takeuchi, securing the second NA spot.

-----
That's 29 spots, which leave 3 left to be grabbed.

Spots that still need to be determined:

Regional Finals:

Capcom Pro Tour NA Regional Finals: Red Bull Battle Grounds at Seattle, Wash. (Nov. 04th-Nov. 06th)
Capcom Pro Tour Asia Regional Finals at Busan, South Korea (Nov. 17th-Nov. 19th)
Capcom Pro Tour LA Regional Finals, Sao Paulo, Brazil (Nov. 2nd)

Dahbomb

Infiltration (Final Round, NCR, EVO) (1668 global points)
Tokido (CEO, SEAM) (1048 global points)
Nuckledu (Canada Cup) (869 global points)
Xiao Hai (G League, SCR) (804 global points)
Gamerbee (Japan Cup, EGX) (732 global points)
Daigo Umehara (EU CPT Regional Finals) (555 global points)
Phenom (Dreamhack Summer) (546 global points)
Momochi (Stunfest) (524 global points)

wpid-nlwkfs.gif

We made it boyz!

Also anyone got the smaller emoji version of this gif?

Tripon

Are the regionals auto qualifiers for the winner, or just for points?

Regional finals are premier tournaments ($7,000 prize pot) but no points. So, the global spots via points are all settled unless somebody in the global spot wins one of the regional finals as well.

Zackat

Yep. He's not my favorite player, but eh. If he doesn't level up, he's going 0-2. Dude can't even say he doesn't have home-field advantage for Capcom Cup, he goes to school at Long Beach State.

yeah he fell off, haven't seen him play but a few times when I can catch thursday morning fights

.la1n

Isn't he a full time streamer now? Not much money to be made by catering to the FGC.

And we're all the better for it.

No, he doesn't stream as full time work. Unlike most popular streamers he actually has real work to fall back on.

CurlyW

Just wanted to mention that SFV started on time at Combo Breaker this year because we made Smash play some of their Top 8 matches off stream to keep things on schedule.

shaowebb

Time to get hype for Injustice 2!!!
and Tekken 7 and probably every other big fighting game made going forward fuck fuck fuck

I already am but geez its like a drought around anything involving that game. All news and new footage dried up ages ago.
  • Wonder Woman/Blue Beetle-July 22nd
  • Deadshot/Harley-August 17th
*News during september and october=Tumbleweeds*

I am quite excited for teching out of juggle states and dodge rolls in the game though. Loved the first game. Eager to tear into the sequel. Super optimistic about finally getting to play as The Ray since the character is getting his own animated series on CW, and is a frontliner for Justice League of America's new lineup. DC finally backing my boy. Them making him gay means my odds go up since NRS is all about diversity.

The Ray is my most hoped for unnannounced addition. Most hyped about currently revealed addition for me is Atrocitus because I can use Dex-starr.
Sgf3XN1.jpg

Game looks great.

thehadou

Neo Member
Just wanted to mention that SFV started on time at Combo Breaker this year because we made Smash play some of their Top 8 matches off stream to keep things on schedule.

Melee & Wii-U had a dedicated stage at Combo Breaker (both years). Their tournaments, regardless of running on or off schedule, would not have impacted SFV's start time.

Malice215

I didn't care about Overwatch until I saw that Witch Mercy skin. Now I understand.

Some fighting games still offer unlockables, but nowadays it's about DLC and microtransactions. Now Injustice 2 is really embracing the loot thing with its gear system. I games offered unlocks as incentives to keep casuals playing or to help ease them into the learning process instead of preying on people's gambling impulses.

Yesterday had a bunch of downtime plus two Smash games at 3/5 which delayed the start of SFV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom