• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaowebb

It's probably Koihime Enbu, honestly. Or Vanguard Princess.

Koihime Enbu if we're talking SFIV I guess, because its a game that revolves around a mechanic that causes crumples (though not a charge move that nets armor that could be cancelled like FADC stuff which honestly is an enormous difference) . It also has assists and many tactics involve assist calls into crumple attempts.

Vanguard Princess if we're talking SF 3 Third Strike as it highly revolves around counters. What makes it different is that it has the visual clutter stigma of an assist that follows you at all times that you call to jump out for assists.

Out of what's out there these are probably the closest anime fighters have to a grounded SF sorta kinda game and both are still very distinctly different. Koihime Enbu moreso than Vanguard Princess IMO since it very much does NOT use its crumples in the same tactical manner as FADC. It more or less relies on purist SF footsies and punishes, but in its own manner crumples lead to the real game since crumples change move properties so you can kiiiiiinda SFIV lump it if your lookin for a particular SF for comparison
Not really lol
. VP is most definitely 3rd strike with assists though.

Best alternative is KOF but the defensive options, differences in how zoning works, and meter systems greatly diversify it as well.

King Kye

Banned
I really want some kind of Pro update for Xrd. Only reason I haven't bought a Pro.

Because it's the only game I play :3

Line_HTX

Tekken Card Tournament support stops today, and will be discontinued altogether on April 4th.

I forgot this thing even existed. It looked kind of cool.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Goh is already pretty close to a Yakuza character given how downright brutal he is

but yeah i would loooooove to see Kiryu and some of the others make VF6

fr6XICq.gif

notworksafe

at this point PS4 is the way to go. no issues with stages, no slowdown on kills. seems this is how the game was supposed to run the whole time.

undefeated is also using ps4 version, and tbh angelic picking ps4 for udf means more than ceo picking it.

Dahbomb

Would that be the best version for competitive play? I remember the gen 7 versions had framedrops on some stages.
It's the best version to play because you don't have as much slow down during happy birthday situations or when your assist character is getting hit. In previous versions, your character would be in super jump height and your assist character on the ground, your assist character would start getting hit and the point character at super jump height would start chugging with the hit stop and slow downs.

It's just all around smoother, less stage lag and less load times. People were playing the PS4 version at FGTV constantly and no one was complaining about it (which means it's the best version).

JeTmAn81

the PS4 version is also on sale ($18ish instead of $24ish)

Oh, they're killing me. I've been waiting to get the hard copy AND PC version in March. But I've love to try the PS4 version, and I wouldn't mind having a downloaded copy either. I've got enough in my PSN wallet for this. Derp...

It's the best version to play because you don't have as much slow down during happy birthday situations or when your assist character is getting hit. In previous versions, your character would be in super jump height and your assist character on the ground, your assist character would start getting hit and the point character at super jump height would start chugging with the hit stop and slow downs.

It's just all around smoother, less stage lag and less load times. People were playing the PS4 version at FGTV constantly and no one was complaining about it (which means it's the best version).

Regarding the PS4 version, Fchamp said that it's good only if you put your PS4 to 720p, but that he won't play in a tournament where the PS4 version is at 1080p.

.la1n

Regarding the PS4 version, Fchamp said that it's good only if you put your PS4 to 720p, but that he won't play in a tournament where the PS4 version is at 1080p.

That's actually really interesting. Will have to try that out to see if there's any noticeable difference for me.

Seyavesh

Doesn't the ps4 version have a bug with timer based supers?
no, the super flash on any super is 1-2f longer which doesn't change anything besides charge time on moves that can charge during it (so buster/swords which already charge fully/almost fully from the flash regardless)

I think that's because there is a timing change when you block and Xfactor... Something like that.
the timing to input XFC and block supers on certain supers is different and reduced (and the same as the PS3 version) due to there being no framedrop on the first few frames of the super. it's on certain supers only, with the main example that i know of being phoenix's super. the reduced buffer time is kind of annoying but adjustable for because you just do it slightly late vs. the 360 version. that late timing still works on 360 version too, it's just the early timing doesn't work anymore on those supers.

no idea what the 720/1080 difference is, haven't read anything about that aspect. kinda sounds like BS but i don't have a ps4 to explore it with.

We know for a fact that something changed regarding that specific timing, even if it's Champ, i don't think he switched his setup to 720p just for fun.

By the way, Frank West's sounds are still bugged on PS4, hope they'll fix that with a patch.
I'm just saying, I wouldn't trust fchamp to tell me the weather if we were talking near an open window.

notworksafe

We know for a fact that something changed regarding that specific timing, even if it's Champ, i don't think he switched his setup to 720p just for fun.

By the way, Frank West's sounds are still bugged on PS4, hope they'll fix that with a patch.

there is a timing difference but it is not related to the resolution. this honestly sounds like a monitor issue on his end.

or he's bitching about nothing. that's certainly NEVER happened with champ before.

Man I for sure thought ehubs and srk would have already posted the Topanga League info.

Group A
Tokido
Daigo
Haitani
Nemo
Kazunoko
Haku
GO1

Group B
Momochi
Bonchan
Nuki
Galtu
Gachikun
Itazan
Inaba

Group C
MOV
Eita
Sako
YHC Mochi
Storm Kubo
Mago
Fuudo

Starts on the 10th (friday morning for Americans). First time Daigo will not automatically qualify for the final offline league. He was the best at the ft3 portion of Topanga League for SF4. He's about to get bopped though.

CurlyW

I'm usually the last person to say anything positive about FChamp, but I just scrolled through his twitter feed back to December and didn't see a thing about PS4 UMvC3 and 720p/1080p.

If sure if he actually thought it was an issue, he'd make sure we heard about it by now.

Streaming schedule for Undefeated, which is happening this weekend in Phoenix. All the UMvC3 action a minion could handle (plus some Xrd and some other game that's not worth mentioning). Schedules from AceKingOffsuit:

Streams on http://twitch.tv/AngelicFG (Marvel and GG/SF5 top 8 on Sunday) and http://twitch.tv/RathFGC (everything Not Marvel... on Saturday, anyway):

no poverty?

Another lashman leak and I don't believe this to be Fiction:

do I gotta boycott this one too?

Yeah friend loaned me 300 ssi said they are working on things now

:eek:k_hand:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom