• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spoiler; Don't watch anime.
edit; new page!
tumblr_m70h0b99rC1r9uuuso1_500.gif

shaowebb

Black Canary looks dull since she aint got the flashy stuff, but at second glance she's pretty stacked.
Shes got the grenade and counters plus what seems like decent startup frames on strings, a juggle state inducing double kick that can AA and potentially her front flip may be projectile immune at best and able to travel half screen and go under projectiles if timed right at worst.

She may seem dull since she's not puking lava or shooting Tornadoes like the rest but shes got some damned fine tools to work with there. If her Canary Cry is chargeable and can either stuff projectiles or torch armored moves I can see using it to screw with wakeups by tossing grenade and going straight to charge at the end of combos.

With the gear system, you can customize pretty much the entire look of the character, including colours.

So if you don't like the default costumes, you can easily change them (granted you have to get the gear but still).
Black Canary is just Sonya with a scream?
Does look that way lol. But with a game that has hold back to block, I'd really be willing to give her a shot.

Dlent

Congrats to Bane for being the newest fighter sponsored by Razer.

On second glance, these pre-rendered images made me realize for the first time that NRS is actually capable of creating characters that look good. Wonder how it'll shape out in the final release.

Spuck-uk

Banned
I personally stay far away from Berserk.

Any piece of fiction where the only female cast member exists just to get repeatedly sexually abused solely to develop the main character + villain = nope.gif

Not even remotely close to accurate, goddamn.

mbpm1

Black Canary actually looks alright.

Better than Supergirl or WW. She's only as bad as original Karin Win Screen pose face!

Dahbomb

It's the anime equivalent of "I don't play Persona 4A because of 2 frames overheads".
I blame that terrible musou game tbh. Not that there isn't some truth to it but Berserk has come a long way in treating its female characters (yes plural, read the manga all the way through).

Lulubop

Looks really bad in motion, no surprising for an NRS game but I though MKX looked better.

Also, the sound effects. So bad, and what's up with NRS games having weak character/stage themes and just bad music overall.

Looks really bad in motion, no surprising for an NRS game but I though MKX looked better.

Also, the sound effects. So bad, and what's up with NRS games having weak character/stage themes and just bad music overall.

They actually talked about the bad music on the latest UltrachenTV, and neither Sajam nor UltraDavid could actually remember a theme from the game despite having played it so much.

The music is really so bad lol.

They actually talked about the bad music on the latest UltrachenTV, and neither Sajam nor UltraDavid could actually remember a theme from the game despite having played it so much.

The music is really so bad lol.

I can only remember music from MK2 and MK3. All the other music from NRS(and Midway?) fighters have been pretty unmemorable.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Bane. Powered by Nvidia and Corsair liquid cooling.

Beck Loser lyrics and murder she wrote instrumental. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom