• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spuck-uk

Banned
I blame that terrible musou game tbh. Not that there isn't some truth to it but Berserk has come a long way in treating its female characters (yes plural, read the manga all the way through).

I mean, that scene in question was over 15 years ago at this point...

JeTmAn81

What were you really expecting after the first game? I think it's obvious even to fans of Injustice that NRS shouldn't be making a superhero fighting game.

I really liked the first game. They were using classic costume designs in that one as a base. I have no idea how Bane in IJ2 is supposed to be recognized as Bane.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";229598520]Finally forcing myself to learn the "correct" point Hawkeye team. Learning Strider is definitely gonna be an uphill battle.

VmyQW1.gif
[/QUOTE]

Call me crazy, but I think an ideal point Hawkeye team should have a projectile assist. Missiles or drones. Maybe Taskmaster arrows.

MrCarter

They actually talked about the bad music on the latest UltrachenTV, and neither Sajam nor UltraDavid could actually remember a theme from the game despite having played it so much.

The music is really so bad lol.

Tell me about it. Despite SFV having its shortfalls the music in it is amazing. The stage themes in particular are very good.

Line_HTX

This place is active because it's about to be the start of the new tournament season and the return of Tripon tournament threads, I guess.

Tell me about it. Despite SFV having its shortfalls the music in it is amazing. The stage themes in particular are very good.

I was criticizing SFV yesterday because I want to see a higher percentage of the hardcore community love the game, but there are things I think SFV does a good job of. Although I'm not a fan of some of the music, it's a step up from SF4 and most of the remixes are better than the SF4 remixes. The music is a plus. Also the animation is done really well and I like that they decided to give some new tools to characters to change them up a bit as SF4 really didn't do that for the most part. I just wish they didn't remove or make some of their other tools worse.

The dlc model for the most part (not some of the prices) is great. I don't like how SF4 and a lot of games today continue to force you to buy the new update. It's never good to split the online community.

Remember when this thread was actually live though? God damn, the community is a graveyard.

Producer

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";229598520]Finally forcing myself to learn the "correct" point Hawkeye team. Learning Strider is definitely gonna be an uphill battle.
[/QUOTE]

doom rocks would be better than strider imo

Dahbomb

Undefeated plus Curleh this weekend is going to be nice.

Correct point Hawkeye team is Hawkeye/Vergil/Haggar or Hawkeye/Vergil/Strider or Hawkeye/Vergil/Dante or Hawkeye/Vergil/Doom. You always want Vergil in there because the synergy is real and then you choose 3rd based on match ups/preference.

kobu

I really liked the first game. They were using classic costume designs in that one as a base. I have no idea how Bane in IJ2 is supposed to be recognized as Bane.

I liked the first injustice but these DC characters deserve better. I couldn't play half the cast in the first game because their idle stances were bothering me that much. The flash and batman looked like fucking idiots.

Am I the only one that hates how the characters on Injustice get knocked out, only to get back up after being KO'd? Is there a reason why this is even a thing? It looks so stupid. I honestly don't understand the design.

Am I the only one that hates how the characters on Injustice get knocked out, only to get back up after being KO'd? Is there a reason why this is even a thing? It looks so stupid. I honestly don't understand the design.

It's so you know they only got defeated and didn't get killed

That's the only reason I can think of

It feels like something that's supposed to happen after the first lifebar is taken out instead of the second.

.la1n

I am enjoying my time with Injustice 2 but NRS animations really start to show their ugly when your playing as super heroes. Some of the air kicks look absolutely ridiculous. I guess my brain just kinda expects it when it's a MK game but otherwise they stick out to me.

stn

I might get Guilty Gear. What's the most recent version? Its the one released on PS4, right? Is there a noob's guide to it? Does it play like SF? Thanks!

AAK

I might get Guilty Gear. What's the most recent version? Its the one released on PS4, right? Is there a noob's guide to it? Does it play like SF? Thanks!

Guilty Gear Revelator is the most recent one that's also on PS4. Soon an expansion will hit Japan exclusively only for a number of months. No one knows when the expansion will be ported to consoles.

And you can check out Theory Fighter's videos recently explaining Guilty Gear in the perspective of an SF player. But the game itself will teach you most of the basics yourself.

I personally think James Chen's first attack on Guilty Gear's execution is one of the best explanations of how the system works in response to your inputs. It's easily one of the most valuable videos I've seen in helping me play Guilty Gear.

Call me crazy, but I think an ideal point Hawkeye team should have a projectile assist. Missiles or drones. Maybe Taskmaster arrows.

doom rocks would be better than strider imo

Undefeated plus Curleh this weekend is going to be nice.

Correct point Hawkeye team is Hawkeye/Vergil/Haggar or Hawkeye/Vergil/Strider or Hawkeye/Vergil/Dante or Hawkeye/Vergil/Doom. You always want Vergil in there because the synergy is real and then you choose 3rd based on match ups/preference.

Yeah once I created the Vergil assist stuff I was never going back. The full screen press and full screen combo confirmation potential just make Hawkeye so much better. Plus Gimlet into Spiral Swords for 50% damage full screen whiff punishes is the real deal. The third assist has to be something like Strider because it creates vertical redundancy while shoring up Hawkeye's weakness against teleporters. To me the anchor decision is between Vajra and Hidden Missiles. Vajra in general is better because Hawkeye can pick up OTG combos but he doesn't get anything off air to air confirms unless you want to do a low-damage DHC. Also, Vajra is much easier to fit into combos. But against characters you can really zone out Hidden Missiles can just close the door.

The thing about giving Hawkeye a horizontal projectile assist is that Hawkeye already has the best projectile durability and you're buffing an aspect of his gameplan that assumes your opponent isn't going to attack from above or behind you. I used to use anchor Magneto just out of stubbornness because he's my favorite character but the team didn't make sense.

When it comes to a complete team, Strider adds the most for both Hawkeye and Vergil but Doom is so good in general that I can buy the argument for Hidden Missiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom