• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

TgHVxWp.gif

I can't wait for the PG version of Jedah~

Decapitation aside, I can't really think of a move he'd have to lose for the sake of censorship. Sure most of his moveset involves blood and gore but they can be changed visually while still being the same unless I'm forgetting something.

I am ready for Confetti Jedah.

Thanks for the MVCI Info ZTS.

TgHVxWp.gif
I wonder what my son will think of this.

The gameplay being pretty damn Marvel and active switching + stones filling the hole that assists left (and perhaps refurnishing the X-Factor hole) pretty well is what's surprising me most. I'm watching this Justin/FChamp set now and this game looks fun as fuck despite on paper seeming like it's a huge step back in terms of teamwork.
With only 2v2, I expect the game to get figured out a lot faster. Especially, I expect tag switching to become a shallow affair after about 6 months of play.

jbug617

Banned
This is in Japanese so I used Google Translate. Capcom and Bandai Namco came to an agreement about online match making. Specifically mentions Street Fighter. The goal is to help with reduce development cost for both companies
http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/news/html/170619.html

Conclusion of patent cross-license concerning online matching such as "Street fighter" series - Improve user convenience and contribute to revitalizing industry -

Capcom Co., Ltd. has announced that it has entered into a patent cross-licensing agreement on online matching such as "BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc." and "Street Fighter" series.

This agreement is aimed at promoting the development of each title of both companies, reducing the development cost and enhancing the user's convenience. In addition, in our patent cross-licensing on online matching, we aim to offer game contents that many users will enjoy more effectively by effectively using patent rights that have been granted for games such as "Street Fighter" series.

In addition to protecting the inventions relating to each title, we will continue to promote cross licensing with each company, starting with this agreement, in order to actively improve the convenience of our users and further revitalize the game industry We will continue to contribute.
Inquiries concerning this matter

Dahbomb

With only 2v2, I expect the game to get figured out a lot faster. Especially, I expect tag switching to become a shallow affair after about 6 months of play.
I expect the opposite to be honest. There is nothing shallow about the tag switching, it has way too many applications to be funneled into very specific usage.

It might be 2v2 but team synergy/combination between the 2 is far deeper than just how well assists/DHCs factor in Marvel 2/3. Or it might be the opposite where the tag system works so well that you can make virtually any 2 characters work together. At that point it will depend on how good the balance of the individual characters are, otherwise it would boil down to picking the two best characters and having the tag system just force them to gel together.

This isn't even factoring in the Stones though I think the Stones will get figured out the earliest. I think there might be two type of teams in the game: Teams that are designed to exploit a very specific stone property (like say a combination of a grappler and Strider with Space gem to pull in people and lock them in Cube with Orbs) OR teams that just work together with each other and you can just pick any of the 6 for different match ups.

One thing that will allow people to figure this game out faster than usual is its similarities to Marvel 3 in many ways. Like the way hit stun, durability and other smaller mechanics work alongside the ported characters. It's a matter of adjusting to the new game and once you do that then you can apply the same concepts to the new game. Like how people very quickly figured out that Bolts of Balthak can be used as an assist to set up Megaman offense... if Marvel 3 didn't exist then no one would've thought of using that move to set up a tag situation.

But I still that the tag system is far too open to be figured out quickly.

I expect the opposite to be honest. There is nothing shallow about the tag switching, it has way too many applications to be funneled into very specific usage.

It might be 2v2 but team synergy/combination between the 2 is far deeper than just how well assists/DHCs factor in Marvel 2/3. Or it might be the opposite where the tag system works so well that you can make virtually any 2 characters work together. At that point it will depend on how good the balance of the individual characters are, otherwise it would boil down to picking the two best characters and having the tag system just force them to gel together.

This isn't even factoring in the Stones though I think the Stones will get figured out the earliest. I think there might be two type of teams in the game: Teams that are designed to exploit a very specific stone property (like say a combination of a grappler and Strider with Space gem to pull in people and lock them in Cube with Orbs) OR teams that just work together with each other and you can just pick any of the 6 for different match ups.

One thing that will allow people to figure this game out faster than usual is its similarities to Marvel 3 in many ways. Like the way hit stun, durability and other smaller mechanics work alongside the ported characters. It's a matter of adjusting to the new game and once you do that then you can apply the same concepts to the new game. Like how people very quickly figured out that Bolts of Balthak can be used as an assist to set up Megaman offense... if Marvel 3 didn't exist then no one would've thought of using that move to set up a tag situation.

But I still that the tag system is far too open to be figured out quickly.

My thought is a combination of two things:
1) Tagging is very unsafe if done at inappropriate times.
2) There are only so many moves that are safe or desirable to tag from.

I think most characters will try to use a particular move into a swap, and we'll see it over and over. Soul Fist tag into 50/50, etc.

Would assume the Jedah head cutting move will be removed. His other with the arms bursting might me reworked/changed to like sparks or something.

Long as hes in it, and awesome I'm interested. Been too long, hope he like Capcom's Thanos in the story. Uneasy alliance as huber would say.

Or just straight up the bad guy all along.

Seyavesh

for jedah his headcut is his guard cancel so he's not going to have it anyways

besides that the only thing that really has 'obvious' dismemberment that wouldnt be easily covered up w color change to black ink or whatever is his st.HP, and even then if you cover it up enough it ends up being somewhat similar to venom's distortions i think

i'm just curious how coked out he's gonna look because he's traditionally a handsome dude

Dahbomb

for jedah his headcut is his guard cancel so he's not going to have it anyways

besides that the only thing that really has 'obvious' dismemberment that wouldnt be easily covered up w color change to black ink or whatever is his st.HP, and even then if you cover it up enough it ends up being somewhat similar to venom's distortions i think

i'm just curious how coked out he's gonna look because he's traditionally a handsome dude
Probably less of an issue for characters that aren't fully human like.

Hyun Sai

Wait, is it true that Tekken 7 matchmaking is still totally borked? I finally have a copy on the way...

I got tired of it (gruesome loading and waste of time in player lobby) so I didn't really play in more than a week, but I heard some patches are on the way (no idea when). Don't know the situation of matchmaking right now, but I didn't have to wait too long to find ranked battles at the time (PS4).

AAK

Wait, is it true that Tekken 7 matchmaking is still totally borked? I finally have a copy on the way...

On PS4? Yeah, you're screwed. I recommend you return it and get a copy from Steam instead.

But if you have the PC version, then you're safe.

Pompadour

We can start with there probably not being any blood or dismemberment lol

I'm not familiar with the character in DS so I'd hope there isn't much of that for y'all's sake.

I don't see why there can't be blood or dismemberment. GGXrd got around censorship by turning the blood all neon orange like people were bleeding magma. They can do the same here or another color.

Skilletor

Tekken wastes so much of my time. The load times are horrendous. Matchmaking on PS4 still sucks. There's no rematch option in lobbies, coupled with the horrible load times.

Why do player matches have a rematch and player lobbies don't? lol.

petghost

Banned
Dunno if it was posted yet, but there's a nice breakdown of DBZ's mechanics courtesy of Killey via Twitter here.

this is nice thanks for posting.

interesting to see homing dash is apparently punishable cuz i didnt see 1 punish in the vids i seen but then again its day -whatever. maybe supers punish it.

Pompadour

this is nice thanks for posting.

interesting to see homing dash is apparently punishable cuz i didnt see 1 punish in the vids i seen but then again its day -whatever. maybe supers punish it.

I did. It can be push blocked so that the opponent gets pushed away but the homing dash continues. This causes it to whiff because the animation will end right in front of you.

petghost

Banned
I did. It can be push blocked so that the opponent gets pushed away but the homing dash continues. This causes it to whiff because the animation will end right in front of you.

weird cuz i was just checking footage and found this.

https://youtu.be/jYnFDFSzvns?t=3m17s

where the pushblock sends gohan like fullscreen and what looks like at about neutral frame advantage. the punish he gets after is cuz gohan whiffs some special and he homes in immediately after pushblock.

maybe it depends on the spacing of where the homing dash is done from.

i thought the mechanic was gonna be hella annoying and make zoning hard but now im starting to see how reactable it is and how you can prolly dp it or something.

Beckx

Switch news

Brook working on a converter for Switch

ArcSys asking people whether they have any interest in DBFZ for Switch

Who won CEO SFV? I tried watching but the stream cut out too much so I gave up.

Pompadour

never had an issue finding a match against unique players on pc. also never had issues with slow loads or matchmaking. can ps4 players say the same? pc netcode even made umvc3 playable online.

That's the dev's fault, not the platform. There's lots of notoriously shitty PC ports of fighting games that the good ones are the anomaly. Just because the PC version of a game you like isn't broken doesn't mean it's suddenly the console's fault and not Namco's.

BadWolf

That's the dev's fault, not the platform. There's lots of notoriously shitty PC ports of fighting games that the good ones are the anomaly. Just because the PC version of a game you like isn't broken doesn't mean it's suddenly the console's fault and not Namco's.

Yeah, Namco messed up. Glad I didn't day 1 the game.

notworksafe

i dont give a shit who's fault it is lol. i'm just saying i can play without issue and ps4 folks can't. sucks for them, great for me.

Hyun Sai

i dont give a shit who's fault it is lol. i'm just saying i can play without issue and ps4 folks can't. sucks for them, great for me.

If you're surprised people bought Tekken on PS4 when playstation is the legacy console for the franchise (the ports are usually really good, and TTT2 netcode was great) with the biggest community, and also the default console in tournaments, I will just put this on grass ignorance.

If you knew all that and is just coming here to shit on console users and start a system war, you're just a troll and a pitiful individual at best.

Skilletor

never had an issue finding a match against unique players on pc. also never had issues with slow loads or matchmaking. can ps4 players say the same? pc netcode even made umvc3 playable online.

Load times on PC for T7 are still plenty bad when you don't have a rematch option. All the way back to the option, to character select, stage, and load again. It's probably about a minute from end of match to playing again.

Just give us a fucking rematch option. Plz.

Tripon

Why should one take offense about the truth ?

Because the word troll is inherently an offensive word. You're saying NWS is being disingenuous. NWS can be rude, but he's always been a straight shooter in my opinion. If he's saying something, that's his real opinions. Saying he's trolling is like saying he's lying about the shit he's saying.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Tekken players always have a job, they're not affected by unemployement numbers.

Shouta and I just had a conversation about this yesterday, hah. :p

Those EVO numbers are rough. Between most publishers starting their own circuits + shine coming off of SFV + Evo issues from last year, I'm not surprised there was a bit of decline. But the 50% drop on some of those games is a little insane.

notworksafe

If you're surprised people bought Tekken on PS4 when playstation is the legacy console for the franchise (the ports are usually really good, and TTT2 netcode was great) with the biggest community, and also the default console in tournaments, I will just put this on grass ignorance.

If you knew all that and is just coming here to shit on console users and start a system war, you're just a troll and a pitiful individual at best.

cute that you edited out no offense.

but no, an offhand comment about how fighters are on pc and have been working great on there is not "coming here just to start a console war" especially when i post in here regularly and made the last few OTs. it's almost like i post here all the time making one line jokes that aren't taken seriously by folks except those looking to be offended at me "insulting" their console of choice when theoretically they are supposed to be grown adults.

so no offense, but maybe you are are posting like dumbass who's looking to pick a fight where they was never one intended.

Hyun Sai

cute that you edited out no offense.

but no, an offhand comment about how fighters are on pc and have been working great on there is not "coming here just to start a console war" especially when i post in here regularly and made the last few OTs. it's almost like i post here all the time making one line jokes that aren't taken seriously by folks except those looking to be offended at me "insulting" their console of choice when theoretically they are supposed to be grown adults.

so no offense, but maybe you are are posting like dumbass who's looking to pick a fight where they was never one intended.

So now you were joking, huh ? Because you seem to take this shit very seriously.

But obviously you got a reputation of being rude anyway, so be it, enjoy yourself.

pizzacat

Banned
Load times on PC for T7 are still plenty bad when you don't have a rematch option. All the way back to the option, to character select, stage, and load again. It's probably about a minute from end of match to playing again.

Just give us a fucking rematch option. Plz.
Toolassisted put out a hack for that

He problem for my computer at least is the initial load. If I'm playing online I go to practice mode first to get that initial load outta the way

Also you know lots of fighting game devs are making pc ports today and that's great, more people can play these great games. If it's the decision between PC and PS4. PC all day. Especially when the saddest company on earth makes things like the jukebox for tekken exclusive dlc and makes cpt dlc bundles exclusive for them (or maybe that's just capcom fucking up too lol)

Fighting game or not, I don't want to touch my ps4 unless I absolutely have to

If it has the population or not, all I play online is with friends and I've started played locally a bit so it's not a big deal to me at least

Shouta and I just had a conversation about this yesterday, hah. :p

Those EVO numbers are rough. Between most publishers starting their own circuits + shine coming off of SFV + Evo issues from last year, I'm not surprised there was a bit of decline. But the 50% drop on some of those games is a little insane.
Where you seeing the Evo numbers?

Top Bottom