• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

Kumubou

is gundam versus supposed to be bad? i don't have a ps4

i liked the EXVS games on ps3 tho
The impression I got regarding Gundam Versus is that it's getting slagged in Japan not for mechanical issues but rather because Namco shipped an incomplete game missing a lot of the modes and units that older games had and then is adding them in as DLC. So they're essentially charging for content that was in the previous games.

Basically, the game got SF5'd.

The impression I got regarding Gundam Versus is that it's getting slagged in Japan not for mechanical issues but rather because Namco shipped an incomplete game missing a lot of the modes and units that older games had and then is adding them in as DLC. So they're essentially charging for content that was in the previous games.

I see. That's a same. Sad seeing publishes make avoidable mistakes, but it's their own fault.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Nemo is not playing around anymore.

CuaCw5M.png

Congrats to Art. It seems he's been doing his job for months already.

Z

ZelbZelb

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for posting this stuff! Seeing a game like All-Star Battle actually having high level play is fascinating, and your analysis is really helpful. Just letting you know that whenever you make one of these posts I tend to watch and read the whole thing.

Seconding this, these posts own

Thirding this.

Thanks, guys. I have some vids stockpiled so there should be a vid every week for a while. I'm glad you're enjoying them. This game ended up being pretty unique so I figure posting it adds to the variety in this thread.

broz0rs

Some good discussion on SF Reddit about Gootecks and Mike Ross. Essentially they're running Excellent Adventures while showing that they're not into SFV.

Some good discussion on SF Reddit about Gootecks and Mike Ross. Essentially they're running Excellent Adventures while showing that they're not into SFV.

Yeah it's definitely apparent that they're either not enjoying SFV or they're fatigued from doing the show for so long, but it's more likely a lack of enjoyment in SFV.

patchday

will probably make sure to wait for price drop then after it releases in US.

The Lord himself said SFV is stale. Step it up Capcom.
Whens Mr.Carter or Lone Dragon is going to activate defense mode v-trigger cancel in Reddit to prove gootecks and Miguel Ross wrong? Also neogaf defense force needs to head over to r/streetfighter now that even daigo calling this game bad.

Line_HTX

At this point there should be no more ridiculously staunch defense of this game period. Can't deny reality anymore like some of those people.

Maybe it's like a sunk cost fallacy. They put x amount of time and money into the game due to season passes and the like, and they gotta rationalize it.

Line_HTX

You can put time and money into the game and still acknowledge the lingering problems. It's too big of an elephant in the room now.

Line_HTX

I doubt that even MVCI would take all of the attention away from what is now more and more big name players acknowledging the state of the game.

mbpm1

You can put time and money into the game and still acknowledge the lingering problems. It's too big of an elephant in the room now.
Well sfv does teach people that refusing to learn is a virtue as long as you're right once and pop vtrigger. It's most strident advertisers are just applying that

ArjanN

At this point there should be no more ridiculously staunch defense of this game period. Can't deny reality anymore like some of those people.

That seems kind of out of touch with reality for me, since the kneejerk haters of SFV clearly outnumber the bllnd fanboys at least 3 to 1 every time the game comes up, and generally dominate the discussion about it online.

Village

Considering that one of the major modders for SFV threw a hissy fit and locked all of his mods under his paetron, if there is one, he's not sharing.
Yeah, that was shitty.

" everyone is asking me to put my mods , when i release them on a site with reasonable download speeds."

"Well yeah"

" Well now you cant have them"

" Now any potential of me paying you is now gone"

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
People who have been critical or disgusted with SFV in some way.

Aris
Valle
Infiltration
Punk
Daigo
Bonchan
Mike Ross
Gootecks
FChamp
Chris G
Max
Phenom