• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly |8/17-23| It was a little beta this time.

CurlyW

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";176318636]I only have the power to ban people for talking about eating hotdogs.[/QUOTE]

Is a hot dog a sandwich?

Faye Wong in Chungking Express is mega moe.

the OG Manic Pixie Dream Girl

tumblr_mhd2w9Z9xV1qf1aoao3_250.gif

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I doubt it is R. Mika. That doesn't seem like "at long last". I mean, it could be, but that would be confusing. Darkstalkers also seems unlikely, because Calvin isn't going to greenlight a second fighter right now. I am pretty clueless.

Is Smash anime?

Like half of smash's cast has had a anime in some form.
Even mangas if that counts.

Tripon

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";176329001]Vote for next week's thread title below.

Note: I like the around Weekly idea but I don't think titles accept tags.[/QUOTE]
FGW|Rip finally wins a tournament, two white guys try to shoot up the place in response.

Morris

Disco Devil
I like her best in 2046, but she's cool as hell for sure in Chungking. Brigitte Lin too good in Chungking though

My real waifu has to be the girl from Fallen Angels. She looked unreal.

Speaking of movies, are you into Hou Hsiao Hsien? You seem like you'd be. I was trying to get into his stuff but his filmography is kind of intimidating. Pass me some recs b. So far Cafe Lumiere with Tadanobu Asano looks hella nice.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Kappa/comments/3i531o/updated_cpt_standings_nonnot_american_version

AceKingOffSuit made an easy to read chart of the remaining CPT schedule, players who already qualified and a ranking of players who will qualify via points. He thinks the cutoff for points now is 160 points.

Nice chart but I'm sticking with 128 gets you in. Qualified players will continue to gate keep. Unqualified players with a lot of points will continue going to Premier events and be awarded those automatic spots whether they win it or finish behind guys who already have. And both reasons will continue to help lower the bar for how many points it'll take to get in.

FGW | The Great Anime Purge

Speaking of movies, are you into Hou Hsiao Hsien? You seem like you'd be. I was trying to get into his stuff but his filmography is kind of intimidating. Pass me some recs b. So far Cafe Lumiere with Tadanobu Asano looks hella nice.
Iknowsomeofthesewords.gif

I think it's only fair if Birdie got changed to have a beer gut, we get a bulkier female (or one with a beer gut). Fair is fair Capcom.
No one really wants that.

Nice chart but I'm sticking with 128 gets you in. Qualifier players will continue to hate keep. Unqualified players with a lot of points will continue going to Premier events and be awarded those automatic spots whether they win it or finish behind guys who already have. And both reasons will continue to help lower the bar for how many points it'll take to get in.

Did you see the dates for Topanga League? I'm starting to wonder how that will work when so many of the players travel overseas. That could influence the standings quite a bit.

eG9SjWw.gif

I had to reupload my gif to imgur now that minus is shit.

Fandangox

So I decided to say fuck it and play KoF2002 with a gamecube controller, and its playable, but I couldnt find any onlines matches through quick match and only was able to find a single game by creating the room myself and after that no one else joined.

Also it was very laggy.

vulva

Michelle Reis is the best, Fallen Angels is my favourite movie of all time by far.

For HHH the obvious move would be to watch Millennium Mambo if you like wkw. Cafe Lumiere's great as well, but it doesn't feel as much like one of his works since it's a tribute to Japanese cinema in many regards.

I'd say start with Millennium Mambo and Flowers of Shanghai if you're a fan of wkw. Not sure if you watch any other arthouse cinema from taiwan/hk/china but if you do maybe I can make a better recommendation.

Crocodile

Are there actually any fighters with grotesque, out-of-shape female characters? I can't imagine developers being willing to do that, especially Japanese devs.

tumblr_m2fc1z11FL1qbkprxo1_500.gif

Painwheel-gif-skullgirls-31453142-454-437.gif

latest

I'm talking about the woman in the center and back of the group shot. But she isn't playable.

Skullgirls would definitely lean more towards grotesque than overweight though (as would most games with either element). Mortal Kombat and Killer Instinct, with Hisako, should count as well for grotesque no?

Top Bottom