• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly |8/17-23| It was a little beta this time.

jerry1594

People tend to forget that this isn't a democracy lol

I'm honestly surprised over some of the post people got banned for since its just them voicing their opinions. I guess the fact that turtle disagreed with the article got him banned... Also, I don't know what the game looks like, can't even find a trailer.

So much for what's above.
You're a sucka if you ever believed in that stuff, lol. As soon as there's a hint in the air gaffers come out thirsting in full force. RIP to those who got banned fighting for are freedoms tho

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
r8gvFAq.jpg

Topanga League news

-Kenzo and Kitasenju DJ won the online qualifiers

B League groups

-Kawaguchi
-Gachikun
-Nishikin
-Hagejin
-Shiro
-Pugera
-Sasaki
-Dashio
-MDR

-Mago
-Fuudo
-Kitasenju DJ
-Misse
-Kenzo
-Ninomae
-Matsuri
-Pepedai
-aiai
-Santarou

As I said before, Topanga B League will happen throughout September starting on the 4th. Topanga A League dates:
-October 4th is the day the playoffs happen that decides if some A League players stay or get replaced by B League players.
-The ft3 round robin portion of the event that decides which 4 players get into the finals, the 2 players that get knocked down to b league, and the players that must do a ft7 round robin to get into the finals (October 16-18, 23-25)
-November 6-8 is the ft7 round robin between players that finished in 5th-10th and the finals between the 6 best players take place on the 21-23rd.

Astarte

Fandangox

So I got a half decent laptop and while I haven't tried much yet, I can at least play KoF 2002UM on it (yeah my previous laptop was that shitty)

...Keyboard controls though, I have no pad, any recommendations? Gamecube controller works on pc with mayflash, but I that controller doesn't seem like it'd be good for a KoF.

Tripon

What happened to shin?

USGamer thread killed a bunch of FGW regulars including Shin.

So I got a half decent laptop and while I haven't tried much yet, I can at least play KoF 2002UM on it (yeah my previous laptop was that shitty)

...Keyboard controls though, I have no pad, any recommendations? Gamecube controller works on pc with mayflash, but I that controller doesn't seem like it'd be good for a KoF.

Wii U pro controller, or the classic Pro controller for the Wii are good pad options. The 360 pad is okay despite the crappy dpad. The Hori FC4 works on PC as well.

Of course, if you want to go stick, outside of the PS3 only sticks, you can just plug in and play.

NEO0MJ

Not yet.

Smash players think he is too hard to play.

Well, using him to his fullest potential is pretty hard. You might accidentally get the wrong move when inputting commands because characters instantly switch sides and managing strength to get the right move or perform a combo can be difficult in the heat of the game.

Pad recommendation? Why not just get a Mayflash Wii U pro controller adapter? Or do you want a pad specifically for fighting games?

RIP in peace, then. Did hear that thread was a massacre.

According to Azure J it might be the biggest mass banning ever on gaf.

Fandangox

Well, using him to his fullest potential is pretty hard. You might accidentally get the wrong move when inputting commands because characters instantly switch sides and managing strength to get the right move or perform a combo can be difficult in the heat of the game.

Pad recommendation? Why not just get a Mayflash Wii U pro controller adapter? Or do you want a pad specifically for fighting games?

Right now just for KoF, although I am open for suggestion for the latter too. I dont have a Wii U pro controller and the Mayflash adapter I have is for the regular gamecube controller.

NEO0MJ

Right now just for KoF, although I am open for suggestion for the latter too. I dont have a Wii U pro controller and the Mayflash adapter I have is for the regular gamecube controller.

Kinda surprised by that considering your avatar. If you plan on just using it for fighters than the HORI Fighting Commander 4 is a good choice. If not then just get any console controller of your choice and use it. Most have a way of connecting to the PC, I'd recommend an X1 controller for ease of use. Though I should warn you that last I heard the PS4 controller doesn't work with Windows 10.

Fandangox

Kinda surprised by that considering your avatar. If you plan on just using it for fighters than the HORI Fighting Commander 4 is a good choice. If not then just get any console controller of your choice and use it. Though I should warn you that last I heard the PS4 controller doesn't work with Windows 10.

I don't have windows 10, and thanks will look up the HORI, als what does my avatar have to do with it :V

Tripon

Kinda surprised by that considering your avatar. If you plan on just using it for fighters than the HORI Fighting Commander 4 is a good choice. If not then just get any console controller of your choice and use it. Most have a way of connecting to the PC, I'd recommend an X1 controller for ease of use. Though I should warn you that last I heard the PS4 controller doesn't work with Windows 10.

I don't have windows 10, and thanks will look up the HORI, als what does my avatar have to do with it :V

When I upgraded to Windows 10, there's this weird hitch with my steam copies of 98 and 2002 that isn't in other games. I don't know if I need to update my drivers or not, but it stopping me from playing KOF. ;(

NEO0MJ

Well, you have a W101 themed avatar.

When I upgraded to Windows 10, there's this weird hitch with my steam copies of 98 and 2002 that isn't in other games. I don't know if I need to update my drivers or not, but it stopping me from playing KOF. ;(

Gonna try playing it now and see how it works for me.

Edit: Game works fine for me.

NEO0MJ

Yeah, but what does have to do with what I said, I am not sure what you mean by that.

Well, based on your avatar someone might expect you to be a big fan of the game. And most fans recommend to use the Wii U pro controller so I thought you had one based on that.

Fandangox

Well, based on your avatar someone might expect you to be a big fan of the game. And most fans recommend to use the Wii U pro controller so I thought you had one based on that.

Ah I see, I thought you were saying wonderful 101 had something to do with fighting pads or something lol, I love the game, but I played it with the gamepad just fine, played the whole thing off-tv even.

NEO0MJ

Ah I see, I thought you were saying wonderful 101 had something to do with fighting pads or something lol, I love the game, but I played it with the gamepad just fine, played the whole thing off-tv even.

Ah, I see. Kinda wierd, but whatever works for you.

I had no need for it to be anything more than fan service so it works for me

I just had higher hopes. I mean the Capcom game was a lot of fun, why wasn't this? I could have just watched a tutorial of each character doing their moves and had just as much fun.

Tripon

Ah, I see. Kinda wierd, but whatever works for you.

I just had higher hopes. I mean the Capcom game was a lot of fun, why wasn't this? I could have just watched a tutorial of each character doing their moves and had just as much fun.

Because CyberConnect2.

Keits

Developer
Hey guys. At 6pm EST, the Top 16 of the 8Bit Beatdown weekly Killer Instinct tournament will be streamed. This week has 120 players competing for $1,000 - paid down top 8.

Please tune in at twitch.tv/omgwtfzombiebbq

Top Bottom