• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly |8/24-30| Trying Our Hardest to Become Pachinko Slot Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love this, because VS is my favorite fighter ever, but I don't think they'd announce a new fighter with SF5 hype at its highest. Nobody is going to care about VS with SF5 on the horizon.

Or ever...sadly. :(

I made myself sad.

Now you made me sad :(

On another note kind of bummed that the big ArcSys announcement is a just character poll because that means Testament isn't getting in. Did they give any indication as to when we should expect Revelator on consoles? I hope they allow for a DLC option instead of going disc based only for US release.

Hopefully this means we are getting Maxi Boost soon? I'd love a PS4 release of it.

Thread got me hungry
QXy6f9z.jpg

SF5 NA Stress Test is tomorrow 4pm to midnight and Wednesday 4pm- midnight
Yes!

Now you made me sad :(

On another note kind of bummed that the big ArcSys announcement is a just character poll because that means Testament isn't getting in. Did they give any indication as to when we should expect Revelator on consoles? I hope they allow for a DLC option instead of going disc based only for US release.

Hopefully this means we are getting Maxi Boost soon? I'd love a PS4 release of it.
Which GG characters that aren't in are the most popular in Japan? I am guessing Dizzy is up there.

Dlent

The last GG popularity poll in Japan went like this IIRC:

1.May
2.Bridget
3.Slayer

So Bridget seems likely.

Busaiku

1.May
2.Bridget
3.Slayer

So Bridget seems likely.
What were these polls based off on?

The last I remember is Arc Festival, where Bridget won, but this was open to the general public.
The poll they're doing now is only for current players.

So unpopular characters like Zappa and Testament might make it, since they're favored among hardcore audiences.

4r5

Remaining chars are:
A.B.A.
Anji
Baiken
Bridget
Dizzy
(Justice)
(Kliff)
Order-Sol
Robo-Ky
Testament
Zappa

Here's my tier list for most likely to be voted in:

High: Anji, Baiken, Testament, Dizzy
Mid: Bridget, Zappa, Order-Sol, Robo-Ky
Low: A.B.A.

4r5

Oh, wait. It's not one player, one vote. You vote with the in-game currency. So maybe Bridget is next, lol.

Deps

Bridget is up there with Rufus, R.Mika, and Fuerte as far as terrible character designs go. Hopefully the arcade players make the right choice by voting for someone else.

Mecha

Nobody played Bridget, the only way he could win would be if they asked people that weren't active in the GG scene.

4r5

I will scream if Anji gets in next. We need some more zoners.

Explain?

Pump more quarters, play more games, get more W$, get more votes. If Ruu can do some crazy win streak, then he could rake in a ton of W$ for voting. The counter strategy would be to not get on the machines when Ruu is playing. Lol.

This is getting real meta.

Gamerbee and Xian are on the Toukaigi commercial promoting esports in Japan so I'm assuming a street fighter tournament will be held there.

Rhapsody

Banned

1.May
2.Bridget
3.Slayer

So Bridget seems likely.

I don't remember seeing those results before.

In the 25th anniversary book, they did a poll tallying both BB and GG, separating male and female.

Number 1 female was Noel, barely beating Dizzy. Dizzy was the only GG girl to make top 5 females.
Top 5 for males only had Sol and Bridget for GG.

Then of course there was that open poll on that arc revo way back that had Bridget in first that people remember.

Oh, wait. It's not one player, one vote. You vote with the in-game currency. So maybe Bridget is next, lol.

Oh wow lol

Tik-Tok

Bridget is up there with Rufus, R.Mika, and Fuerte as far as terrible character designs go. Hopefully the arcade players make the right choice by voting for someone else.

R Mika is a great character design from an aesthetic standpoint.

I don't remember seeing those results before.

In the 25th anniversary book, they did a poll tallying both BB and GG, separating male and female.

Number 1 female was Noel, barely beating Dizzy. Dizzy was the only GG girl to make top 5 females.
Top 5 for males only had Sol and Bridget for GG.
I started reading this and was wondering why Bridget didn't make top 5 for females.

Then I remembered.

K.Sabot

Best part about SFV is that combo videos will more or less disappear.

and the only combo videos that will exist will be people doing jump in BnBs to horrible music, which is entertaining in a funny way.

Anne

Best part about SFV is that combo videos will more or less disappear.

and the only combo videos that will exist will be people doing jump in BnBs to horrible music, which is entertaining in a funny way.

I promise you shit is going to be found that will blow your mind lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom