• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 7-13 | Smash our expectations

I'll be real and say I'd like to see early Smash 4 tournaments let Smash Balls rock.

this sounds like a bad scenario
also, let's quote the shit post, v3:

For Glory isn't a mode intended to be played by the pros. It's just Sakurai's way of trying to piss of competitive players by reinforcing the "No items, Fox only, Final Destination" phrase which people use to mock competitive Smash.
And I love it.

Besides, he knows that Melee worshippers are going to hate the new Smash because it's not just Melee 2.0, which most competitive players want.

edit: also you'd think after famousmortimer and cboat, that Nintendo fans would learn and take more caution with leaks....

After trying to play SF4 on a 3DS, I can't see how smash would be any fun with my hands and the position of the dpad.

You need to do directional inputs right?

Marz

Yeah but people are still going to interpret it that way.

No they're not. Tournaments will still have the ruleset we've had for the past 15 years.

In fact majority of the online community won't even play this stupid mode if it stands as is. Bet it.

After trying to play SF4 on a 3DS, I can't see how smash would be any fun with my hands and the position of the dpad.

As in Quarter circles? No.

In fact you don't use the dpad in smash generally.

The only thing I use the Dpad in Brawl for is to mash out of grabs quicker

well Smash will probably be built for the 3DS version here, at least
but yeah it won't feel great either

Beats

So who is everyone planing on using in the new smash?
I'm planning on using Greninja, Pikachu, Zero Suit Samus, and Bowser myself :D

I've always used Samus since 64, so I'll probably use her again this time around. If Game and Watch is back I'd like to try him out as well.

Coda

Sorry if this is a n00b question, but how does one do a final smash in the new Smash? Is it a universal input? Is there a requirement you must meet in order to do it?

Dahbomb

I don't even know who comes to Next Level anymore for Marvel.

Like if it's just Flux, RayRay and Insayne then those 3 come to House of Crack as well which has more players in general anyway.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I don't even know who comes to Next Level anymore for Marvel.

Like if it's just Flux, RayRay and Insayne then those 3 come to House of Crack as well which has more players in general anyway.

Hasn't HOC died down? I haven't been streaming in the past month so I don't know. I saw NLBC last week and apparently its the same three guys. Smug is the new Chris G for SF4, bodying Saltford. Now we just need a new king in town for Marvel and NY will finally have a scene again.
Kappa

I feel the same way, I don't know why that is though.

Usually there's not many people there for marvel. Usually Flux wins and he's boring as fuck to watch. If RayRay shows up then we get to watch him vs Flux for the 50th time.

Hasn't HOC died down? I haven't been streaming in the past month so I don't know. I saw NLBC last week and apparently its the same three guys. Smug is the new Chris G for SF4, bodying Saltford. Now we just need a new king in town for Marvel and NY will finally have a scene again.
Kappa

House of Crack is alive and well. Their Overdrive stream for marvel is almost every Thursday and the house has always been packed recently.

Dahbomb

Kappa
LOL when did you come back?

Warpticon

image.php

I think you missed the important part of that post (your typo)

Crocodile

Like I agree some STUPID shit has been said in the Smash threads that deserve criticism and I can understand why some here are frustrated but I'm not sure ridiculing them here or pulling their posts over here to point and laugh at them is healthy or accomplishes much. It's just an attitude that doesn't sit well with me - little pockets of the site lording over and ridiculing other little pockets of the site. If anything is to be done, I feel confronting or ignoring them is more productive.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I can't get interested in next level marvel anymore. I'd rather just watch it on Bum's stream and watch AE at next level.

Traveling to NLBC has been a problem for people to get to for a good while now, so it's been losing more than gaining with Marvel players that live that far out.

Plus HOC is all Marvel all night, they run multiple setups, multiple FT-whatevers, and has more new blood going there willing to learn. Bum's done real good with encouraging the new guys to go to get experience and tips, and setting up matches on the spot for them. I think more Marvel players live closer to Bum as well too.

TWILT

Banned
So who is everyone planing on using in the new smash?
I'm planning on using Greninja, Pikachu, Zero Suit Samus, and Bowser myself :D

Greninja, Pikachu, Ike if he's back in, maybe Shulk/Chrom if they're in.

Wanna see the full roster first though. A lot of characters look fun to play as.

I have never really played Smash but some of the Chicago guys want to play the new one. I'd try it. I'd unquestionably main Peach since she's a girly princess.

I have never really played Smash but some of the Chicago guys want to play the new one. I'd try it. I'd unquestionably main Peach since she's a girly princess.

not rosalina? shes a princess and I think she'll be a high skill cap character.

On a side note. I haven't been banned and I have said much worse thing to posters than Jazz did. But to be fair, I would never do it in a smash thread. Shit is like going to shark-infested waters. Over there we're the obtuse exploiting cheaters that are anti-fun.

Riposte

I think I played Bowser the most in Brawl, but I played a lot of characters, w/e. I never really felt the need to get beyond the "try everyone first" stage.

Jazz-isms has a serious attitude problem, even within this thread. It's easy not getting banned because of rudeness (though some other bullshit may get you).

Like I agree some STUPID shit has been said in the Smash threads that deserve criticism and I can understand why some here are frustrated but I'm not sure ridiculing them here or pulling their posts over here to point and laugh at them is healthy or accomplishes much. It's just an attitude that doesn't sit well with me - little pockets of the site lording over and ridiculing other little pockets of the site. If anything is to be done, I feel confronting or ignoring them is more productive.

well then take a dive or ignore it altogether

not rosalina? shes a princess and I think she'll be a high skill cap character.

On a side note. I haven't been banned and I have said much worse thing to posters than Jazz did. But to be fair, I would never do it in a smash thread. Shit is like going to shark-infested waters. Over there we're the obtuse exploiting cheaters that are anti-fun.

the sharks are the rest of GAF, those guys are the hunted :p

Dahbomb

Its good to be back. Did I miss anything crazy for past month? I know Niconico has the leash on Topanga apparently on streaming being locked only in Japan. Some good sf4 will be played, sadly it won't be as hype with it being live.
The Full Schedule thing was probably the biggest Marvel related thing to happen recently.

That and Justin Wong vs Nemo matches at the Korean tournament.

Top Bottom