• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 7-13 | Smash our expectations

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
It is actually part of why I don't pick him. He sounds childish.

He's an angsty ass mofo. He matures quite a bit by the end of BBCP though.

*spoiler*
and then gets FUCKED OVER HARD in the ending. Like I don't even understand how the fuck it's going to continue on with him as the main character. I could see Jin and Noel having bigger roles now. Next game is going to be killing off chunks of the cast for sure though.

And despite my preference for number notation, hearing it dominate commentary in anime games does not help grow the scene in my humble opinion.
Nothing wrong with that, but they should learn the name of moves at least :p

Brawl was an amazing game and was packed full of content.

Competitive Brawl doubles is also some of the best gameplay I've ever had the pleasure of experiencing in my life. Pure Bliss.

well, competitive Brawl doubles pretty much single-handedly fixes all the problems of Brawl singles

.....until it turns into a 1v1 match at the end

It's always weird to hear commentators for those games spout out random Japanese.

Its true, anime tournaments do suck. I love the games they play but their commentary needs some real work or at least they need to realize why they are having a negative effect on the viewing experience.

The random Japanese for no reason is one reason unless its like the name of a move or character ect. And if they must use it, please be kind enough to explain it for those who don't understand. Then their is the match commentary itself. 5C, 6D, 4B, 8A blah blah blah. I don't care if everyone/most people knows what it means, it sounds stupid when vocalized and 9 times out of 10, they are not helping describe which move is which when they do that or what effect its actually having.

Rhapsody

Banned
Learning the move names in Guilty Gear XX Accent Core was a problem though.

Using official names would be too weird though haha. Saying "Please Leave me Alone" and "I use this to get fruit" would just be odd lol
Saying Bubble or Spear is the easiest not to mention the most friendly for spectators.
It's always weird to hear commentators for those games spout out random Japanese.

This too. Saying even things like Bokosuka in P4U matches is one of those things I felt was unnecessary for commentary.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
10247394_564179207012978_1863123204479560524_n.jpg

Top Bottom