• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 7-13 | Smash our expectations

Sp00ky has good taste in action movies. Love The Raid.

Has anybody got any experience of The King of Fighters Collection: The Orochi Saga? It seems like this could be the answer I'm looking for. And I can't believe I never bought this when it was first released in 2008. It's proving very difficult to find a cheap copy of this for Wii in the UK.

Also, everyone knows that Nintendo WiFi Connection ends next month, right? It's gonna be your last chance to get some Tatsunoko vs Capcom online battles done before the service ends.

The Orochi Saga is alright - loading times for the Wii version are super short, and the emulation is way better. But SNK just tweaked the arcade roms and called it a day - no VS mode, no option to tweak the time, etc. There doesn't seem to be any notable issues with the UK version, other than its super-low print run.

I have no idea what's up with the VC version of '98, but it seems OK. If you absolutely need a version of '98 on the systems you've got right now and you can't get The Orochi Saga for cheap, go for the VC version.

Dolphin to the rescue! Rotanibor has been tweeting about his experiments to get the game running smoothly online via Dolphin, so check that out.

Oh good, that should be interesting. That frees me up with more time to finally get on the leaderboards in S&P2.

can't believe I watched all of these vids
I blame you

not rosalina? shes a princess and I think she'll be a high skill cap character.

I have never played a Mario Galaxy game so I have no idea who she is. Peach is the classic. Doesn't she have a move where she smacks you with a toad and a flying butt attack? I would maybe consider the Wii Fit trainer girl just for the troll factor though. Everyone I've talked to HATES that she is in the game. That is appealing.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
It was still good to watch NLBC Marvel after all, since Randomfiend won Marvel today, coming back from losers to beat Flux.

kirblar

man the repeated use of the word rape on Arturo's stream is really making me uncomfortable.
The problem with getting people to not user the word is that on paper, it shouldn't be a problem (considering we use steal/murder/kill/etc), and is the lowest-common-deonomator way to express "enforce your will on someone else." That of course, doesn't take into account that in the real world it makes a large number of people uncomfortable when its used as shorthand. (Who then often misunderstand intent on the part of the original speaker.)

The solution, silly as it may be, is probably to embrace "Owned" as a term. Yes, it's silly internet slang, but it's at least a term that has a non-violent origin (coming from hackers) and comes out of someone's mouth quickly enough to be useful when speaking.

Tik-Tok

man the repeated use of the word rape on Arturo's stream is really making me uncomfortable.

Can't tell if being serious. I understand that we've decided this isn't acceptable, but I really feel like this is a "check your privilege" kind of statement.

The problem with getting people to not user the word is that on paper, it shouldn't be a problem (considering we use steal/murder/kill/etc), and is the lowest-common-deonomator way to express "enforce your will on someone else." That of course, doesn't take into account that in the real world it makes a large number of people uncomfortable when its used as shorthand. (Who then often misunderstand intent on the part of the original speaker.)

The solution, silly as it may be, is probably to embrace "Owned" as a term. Yes, it's silly internet slang, but it's at least a term that has a non-violent origin (coming from hackers) and comes out of someone's mouth quickly enough to be useful when speaking.

Then you'll have people complaining about the connotation of slavery and shit.

The real solution is for us all to stop being a bunch of uptight assholes.

"Raped" is dumb, "owned" is dumb. There are so many great words and phrases in English to express the same sentiments (shitted on, scraped, blown up, Deebo'd, etc.) that allow for variation, but people are just lazy

Coda

Can't tell if being serious. I understand that we've decided this isn't acceptable, but I really feel like this is a "check your privilege" kind of statement.

Then you'll have people complaining about the connotation of slavery and shit.

The real solution is for us all to stop being a bunch of uptight assholes.

Yeah I don't really have a problem with the term when used in a gaming context but I can still see how it's a bit unprofessional and could also irk some people. It's like when I catch myself saying that something is "gay" because it somehow just happens and then immediately after I'm like well I probably should do a better job of catching myself before I do that again. Either way you look at it there is always a better word for something, I studied English in college and that's probably the only thing I learned. I like the term "bopped" recently because it's so kiddish sounding, I also like "blown up" because it just fits.

In terms of this recent stream they were just taking it too far with the whole needing to wear a condom and getting HIV comments. There's no need to make stupid metaphors here. I know it's a stream and they're just having fun but there's always a better way.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
The Full Schedule thing was probably the biggest Marvel related thing to happen recently.

That and Justin Wong vs Nemo matches at the Korean tournament.

Someone please give me the link. I need some Japanese in my veins.

I don't care much about Zelda games. I forgot about Zero Suit Samus. I do love Metroid(Super is like a top 5 all time game to me). I would still most likely rather play Princess Peach.

You don't like Zelda games.... You like Metroid, I can dig that. Also, I don't know if Princess Peach's booty slam will be getting buffed or nerfed. Her down smash was pretty ridiculous though.

"Raped" is dumb, "owned" is dumb. There are so many great words and phrases in English to express the same sentiments (shitted on, scraped, blown up, Deebo'd, etc.) that allow for variation, but people are just lazy

I laughed at Deebo'd. Haven't heard that in ages, or my mind is playing tricks on me. Bodied seems like a better word cause I just imagine someone throwing themselves on you and crushing you instead of being sodomized by someone.

kirblar

Those don't express the same thing, though. It's that overpowered/loss of control angle that you need to get through, and it's rough because the best terms are either uncomfortable for a group of people or are relatively silly.

Warpticon

I have never played a Mario Galaxy game so I have no idea who she is. Peach is the classic. Doesn't she have a move where she smacks you with a toad and a flying butt attack? I would maybe consider the Wii Fit trainer girl just for the troll factor though. Everyone I've talked to HATES that she is in the game. That is appealing.

I love that she's in the game, and her way-too-fast non-aggressive animations crack me up. I will definitely play her if she doesn't suck completely.

Infinite

That's why I said can't tell if being serious. so my bad.

My sentiment stands though.

I was pretty serious but I don't see how me saying "wow this makes me uncomfortable" came across that way to you. I don't see how your sentiments was necessary or relevant.

Coda

I always liked Art because he never ditched Dhalsim as his main for any character. I'm a character loyal kind of person, I know it's not always best in high level play but I just like the idea of sticking by a character no matter what. Of course he picks Rose the moment I post this.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Damn, its so great to see NLBC poppin' again. Sanford time and time again reinvigorates the East Coast.

Top Bottom