• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 7-13 | Smash our expectations

Seyavesh

How do you make the glitch happen?

Chip them to death with Nova super (or any super that causes deadbody hits to happen), snap 3rd char in when the opponent's character is coming in. It's somewhat tight but yeah. This is just what happens when the person on the receiving end of the ol' snap glitch lets their char leave (or raw tag in that char? not 100% sure) and does a cinematic super.

How can Sanford say that Sagat sucks when Bonchan is one of (if not the best) players in the world?

Ryan Hart is the best Sagat in the west, and at Hypespotting he chose to switch to Yun to better cope vs OMH, a good but still new to tournament player.

Sagat has his matchups and his depth but he has issues sometimes, like any not-stupid character.

Horseress

Can anyone share the link with me?

There was a restream earlier, but it was taken down. I don't know if there is some links for the past matches tho....if there is, I want it too pls

I recall Infiltration saying that he was kinda fucking around in preparation for Ultra, lol. I think it was around the time of Canada Cup?

In a tourney this valuable? I know Infil already won a shit ton of money (and a car) in the past two years, but c'mon, $15k is a lot to fuck around with

Shouta

Bad call to miss out on this amount money here.

There was a restream earlier, but it was taken down. I don't know if there is some links for the past matches tho....if there is, I want it too pls

In a tourney this valuable? I know Infil already won a shit ton of money (and a car) in the past two years, but c'mon, $15k is a lot to fuck around with

He won a lot in the last two years and he's enjoying himself much more now, lol. There's far more on the line for the JPs at Topanga than there is for the other players.

Besides, whether or not he's goofing off in general, doesn't really matter. He's still playing and doing well enough. Any number of factors could come into play for not doing well this time. Playing poorly, goofing off, jet lag, etc are all pretty solid reasons for not being able to play your best.

Omega

Banned
dieminion, dragon god, yipes, dieminion, sanford, tampa bison (until summer than who knows), dieminion's brother, and a few more. Blood red is still emp i believe but he is kinda irrelevant in the scene now.

I guess Remix is always EMP (rip).

edit: Forgot KDZ, Mew2king,

Tampa Bison actually left.

Infinite

He won a lot in the last two years and he's enjoying himself much more now, lol. There's far more on the line for the JPs at Topanga than there is for the other players.

Besides, whether or not he's goofing off in general, doesn't really matter. He's still playing and doing well enough. Any number of factors could come into play for not doing well this time. Playing poorly, goofing off, jet lag, etc are all pretty solid reasons for not being able to play your best.

Granted I don't think he's at all goofing off or sandbagging. The other guys are simply better than him today.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Go on.

We get that there are factors that have nothing to do with the physical stick itself that contribute to this (whether it be license agreements, profit margins, etc.), but there's no clear statement here.

As a consumer, I'd rather that a company say everything (as in, "hey, we can't do that because our licensing prevents us from doing so.") or, in the event that you can't say everything (because of said license agreement) to not say anything at all.

I've mentioned time and time again, because of our partnerships we are unable to do things. lol. It has nothing to do with profit margins btw.

I'm a consumer too. Probably the biggest consumer as far as arcade sticks go. It sucks, but this is reality.

Oh well. I'm getting a strawberry smoothie after lunch, what are you guys doing today? Pacquiao/Bradley fight tomorrow too! Topanga tonight!

Busaiku

I still don't get this win by 2 nonsense.
It makes sense in Tennis, where people don't start off on the same terms, but nobody gets anything in fighting games.

Beckx

Oh well. I'm getting a strawberry smoothie after lunch, what are you guys doing today? Pacquiao/Bradley fight tomorrow too! Topanga tonight!

Watching robot fighting tomorrow and new JoJo's today! Damn I wish they made those JP only JoJo's Chuck Taylor's in my size.

Well since your boys are part of Topanga. You think you could have a talk with them about the whole locking out the world situation? I know it wasn't their call, but I just want them to know that a lot of people around the world want to watch their events and are willing to pay for it. So hopefully they can have a talk with Nico and change their mind about how they've handled this Topanga event.

Enordash

Anyone watching PAX? Just saw JWong introduced as "#1 in fighting games". Shouldn't PAX be a little more in tune with... gaming.

casperOne

Well since your boys are part of Topanga. You think you could have a talk with them about the whole locking out the world situation? I know it wasn't their call, but I just want them to know that a lot of people around the world want to watch their events and are willing to pay for it. So hopefully they can have a talk with Nico and change their mind about how they've handled this Topanga event.

Mark and I have already had this conversation on Twitter.

Kalamari

How difficult would it be to get a product licensed by both Sony and Xbox? Is it even possible, or is it an "exclusive or nothing" type of situation?

Pepto

Banned
Today I saw this gif:

3713438-0836312819-zangi.gif

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I didn't ask for the weekend off early enough, so now I'll be missing Civil War. Went the past 3 years. This is garbage.

Maybe they think there's a block button.
Nah, they actually put time into Injustice.
Being a competitive player among casuals is always a weird experience. They think it's some sort of wizardry when you keep winning. Like...you're a boss fight with no actual weaknesses because "spam attack" isn't working.

It's pretty weird, lol. Aside from myself, there's 3, maybe 4 people in the store who play Injustice. Only one of them is any good, and he hasn't played in nearly 6 months (he uses Nightwing). The two others, according to the good player, are pretty bad. I played one of them the first day we got the PS4 in the break room and won thanks to cheesing with Deathstroke. The other player, who was bragging about his 4-0 undefeated streak in the store, lost to me when I used Scorpion.

The one who is actually good at the game is too used to rushdown with Nightwing, so his blocking isn't all that great. But none of us are really trying to blow up tournaments in Injustice or anything, so it's still fun. I just wish I didn't suck with remembering Grundy's chain grapples. :(

Top Bottom