• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 7-13 | Smash our expectations

smurfx

get some go again
Empire Arcadia ‏@EmpireArcadia 12m
We regrettably announce that @EternalFlocker has departed from @EmpireArcadia Thank you for your time and service to the team.

https://twitter.com/EmpireArcadia/status/454505894353854464
ibq0kAD73FikmL.gif

so will be EG Flocker now ?
i wouldn't sponsor marvel only people seeing as its likely going to continue falling in popularity.

Omega

Banned
So who is even EMP anymore besides Dieminion, Sanford and JRosa?

I felt like all I've been seeing on Twitter the last week is people leaving EMP

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
dieminion, dragon god, yipes, dieminion, sanford, tampa bison (until summer than who knows), dieminion's brother, and a few more. Blood red is still emp i believe but he is kinda irrelevant in the scene now.

I guess Remix is always EMP (rip).

edit: Forgot KDZ, Mew2king,

casperOne

If it were only that easy. Being a licensed partner makes things more complicated than they seem.

Go on.

We get that there are factors that have nothing to do with the physical stick itself that contribute to this (whether it be license agreements, profit margins, etc.), but there's no clear statement here.

As a consumer, I'd rather that a company say everything (as in, "hey, we can't do that because our licensing prevents us from doing so.") or, in the event that you can't say everything (because of said license agreement) to not say anything at all.

Hmm.. so why did they deny MLG if they're concurrently hosting Pro Tour ranking tournaments? Is it because they would want to have personnel at the MLG tournament as well as SEAM, but can get away with nobody coming to Civil War?

Pure speculation here: MLG would be playing second-fiddle as being a ranking tournament for a league/org that is outside of their control. That sends a message that MLG and their events bow to someone else and perhaps MLG wouldn't want that perception.

Interesting data, though yeah I think it's hard to pull any conclusion for NLBCs popularity in particular from it. Ultra probably has a huge effect, and probably more than Sanford as well.

If I had the data about which tournaments were at which events (
that's being worked on as a goal for end of 2014)
then I'd be able to paint a more accurate picture.

Also, could look at the bracket numbers and determine it that way.

Ah yes. Forgot about this. Does he still speak to animals in the Ultimate universe? I don't think I've read anything in the Ultimate universe besides a few issues of (anime) Iron Man and the Ultimates.

I read your statement as "he once did, but lost that, did he regain that" but you could have meant "does he speak to animals like he did in Earth 616".

Regardless, he doesn't speak to birds (that's the only animal that he can communicate with in 616 IIRC) in the Ultimate universe (that I'm aware of).

Yeah, financially it makes no sense to enable older sticks when you know people are more than willing to throw down another $100 or more on them.

Or Mad Catz can willingly block such a thing if they wanted to push a new product.

I call this, The most stupid and impractical way to land Phoenix Wright's Objection:

http://a.pomf.se/mzlmqd.webm

And if somehow, by the grace of God this was landed in a real match, we would go insane.

Since this is probably the last time people will see Rockman...

VjasbQG.gif

At least three people have been junior'd because of that article.

What do you mean "junior'd"? Banned? I assume there's a GAF thread on this?

I'm the only person at my job who plays Injustice who also knows how to block. Doesn't help them that I also use Deathstroke.

This is what happens when you change the block mechanic from a button to HBTB
ESTEBAAAAAAANNNNNNNN

Empire Arcadia ‏@EmpireArcadia 12m
We regrettably announce that @EternalFlocker has departed from @EmpireArcadia Thank you for your time and service to the team.

https://twitter.com/EmpireArcadia/status/454505894353854464

I felt like all I've been seeing on Twitter the last week is people leaving EMP

All of that above, especially the last line.

Right, I forgot Triforce took his organization-leading skills from one of the greats.

steve_ballmer_is_awesome.gif

I know it's cool to harp on Ballmer from that one moment 13, 14 years ago? While he deserves all of the internet infamy that he gets for that moment, I have to say if you had the opportunity to speak, it's a pleasure.

I was a Microsoft MVP for about a decade, and have had the pleasure of seeing him speak (and even asking questions about the original XBox getting more Japanese dev support) for a number of years. He's an incredibly passionate guy who knows how to deliver a speech who also put the spotlight on a lot of the dev division at MS (which means things that are made for devs, such as Visual Studio, as opposed to the OS, Office, etc).

Anyways, it's easy to harp on the man for that presentation, but he's actually really effective at giving them and hyping up a room.

Where is everyone watching this at?

Damn Infiltration got bodied :(

I'd be interested in knowing as well. PM plz!

I'm the only person at my job who plays Injustice who also knows how to block. Doesn't help them that I also use Deathstroke.
Being a competitive player among casuals is always a weird experience. They think it's some sort of wizardry when you keep winning. Like...you're a boss fight with no actual weaknesses because "spam attack" isn't working.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I know it's cool to harp on Ballmer from that one moment 13, 14 years ago? While he deserves all of the internet infamy that he gets for that moment, I have to say if you had the opportunity to speak, it's a pleasure.

I was a Microsoft MVP for about a decade, and have had the pleasure of seeing him speak (and even asking questions about the original XBox getting more Japanese dev support) for a number of years. He's an incredibly passionate guy who knows how to deliver a speech who also put the spotlight on a lot of the dev division at MS (which means things that are made for devs, such as Visual Studio, as opposed to the OS, Office, etc).

Anyways, it's easy to harp on the man for that presentation, but he's actually really effective at giving them and hyping up a room.
In this context he's harping on Ballmer for a decade of ineffectiveness as CEO. His developers chant is just a go-to reference.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Oh damn I just watched the Rush Hour video - that was too good, and the end killed me man.

Flocker was the best guy on EMP by far and now he's gone - the sign was there when he refused to put EMP on the stream title for his name at that one tournament though. Wonder which real sponsor will pick him up, he'd be a great pickup considering he seems to be a serious, level-headed, consistent player who's easily top 5 in Marvel.

BadWolf

Yea I'm kinda feeling Infiltrations reign with Akuma is over. There was a period where he was totally unstoppable, but now he can't even win in America.

Before they parted ways with Laugh he seemed a lot more serious and all about winning, now he appears much friendlier and having fun.

Beckx

Just a reminder about the robot fighting tournament at Super Arcade this weekend.

The Gundam stream should be hot with the same 4 player view from SCR. I am pumped to see high level Virtual On: OT play. And Virtual On Force will be....hey Gundam and VOOT are going to be really good dammit.

Tex from GundamGAF will be playing in Gundam & VOOT. A friend of mine (Schooly D) will be in VOOT and he's a pretty good player to watch. Donkey Show's bro (GM Custom) is going to be commenting the Gundam matches, and GAFfer Shingin is responsible for the stream.

Top Bottom