• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Aug 11-17 | RIP Hitokage

Shito

Never interacted with Hitokage that much, but ever since the news of his death broke through I've had the hardest time posting mundane things in here. :(

Too young and too random.
RIP.

casperOne

I like ST which is mostly footsies but I don't want that to be the only style of fighter. If someone makes a mistake i want to punish with more than normal xx special or super, and I want hit confirms to be more than normal, normal xx special or super. And I want more options than a generic combo extender which results in the same ender every time. I think developers are aware of all this, which is why we are where we are now.

It all depends on the game engine and how the developers crafted it to shape the pace of the game. Taking ST as the example, the game is so high-damage that anything more than a few normals and a super becomes Marvelesque.

Is it his pants or am I the only one who thinks his waist is sagging (core not engaged) and doing these wrong?

Went 0-2 in Topanga. To be expected considering I was playing on a stick instead of a pad, lol. I did better than I expected. I made Mago, Daigo, and and Momochi sweat on the machines before and after though, even got Ultras on them. lol Considering I was playing with a handicap against them, I'm satisfied. Gotta get more practice in even if it's not on a pad. =P

It gets more and more hilarious the further you read into it.

Yup. SF4 tried using collision detection instead of hurtboxes and it apparently felt bizarre. If you want something new, do a new IP.

Do you want MK9, because this is how you get MK9.

I saw an MvC2 arcade machine for the first time yesterday. Pretty much just EVO and getting sponsored by EMP left on the FGC bucket lest.

It's a toss up as to which will happen first.

Is this a troll account? By God is some of the stuff hilarious.

I believe it is.

Those OneFrameLink stats at the beginning made it look like it was gonna be a wash but Aubrey clutched it out at the end there.

SPACING, ENZO!

Drake the type that don't GAF what the stats say.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Jumping the gun a little bit, but an offer I put in on VF3 arcade + all the guts required to make it run was accepted.

So happy.

tumblr_n0t7lpD24z1slig2vo1_400.gif

fapfapfapfap

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Tragic :(

Here's the announcement thread in OT
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=870374

Wow he was so young too :( I remember seeing and liking some his posts when I was lurking on gaf with no account, shame I never really got to talk to him.

Jumping the gun a little bit, but an offer I put in on VF3 arcade + all the guts required to make it run was accepted.

So happy.

fapfapfapfap

That's pretty damn nice. Still hoping one day to get a neogeo cab with Breakers Revenge but probably gonna have to settle for some type of supergun. Still better than ggpo though.

Shito

So, do we theory-FGC a bit about those variants in MKX?
I predict "Commando" Kano will end up being the least played of his variations...

I still don't know what to think about this system quite yet. It seems cool on paper, but I'm not totally sold on the principle of it all... Also I don't quite trust them on balancing all of this and making it so at least two of the three variations are worth using.

I have dedicated cabinets for MK1, 2, 3 and 4. Got them all a few years ago when arcades were closing. They're all in storage back home though, have no room for them in my apartment in Chicago. I at least wish I could have MK2 here.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I predict "Commando" Kano will end up being the least played of his variations...

I still don't know what to think about this system quite yet. It seems cool on paper, but I'm not totally sold on the principle of it all... Also I don't quite trust them on balancing all of this and making it so at least two of the three variations are worth using.

Really? I think Cutthroat will be the least used

oneida

I have dedicated cabinets for MK1, 2, 3 and 4. Got them all a few years ago when arcades were closing. They're all in storage back home though, have no room for them in my apartment in Chicago. I at least wish I could have MK2 here.
MK cabs are great looking.

my VF3 set up is gonna be ugly as hell but idc. much excite.

Kikujiro

So happy.

fapfapfapfap

VFIII is the first and only game arcade machine I beat (with only one credit), I think the machine was glitched that day, because I usually couldn't get past the 4th stage, but that day not only I made it to the last stage, but I beat Dural without any difficulty. Since I was a kid I was really proud of myself and went to tell the manager about my big achievement.

RIP Hito

So how many of you guys are close to Austin, TX? I just moved from NY, maybe now I'll finally get some decent KOF connections (HA! Fat chance). Once I get my arcade stick shipped to me, I might buy ultra but I heard it's pretty bad on pc. I wouldn't mind playing some old kofs or ST if I don't on the other hand.

Arcade UFO is 25mins away from where I live. Which is nice. Though I don't really play much sf4 but I would like some games in ST when I get a chance to go there.

Malice215

It's going to be cool on the casual level. At the competitive level people are going to figure out which variant is the best one to use and select that, but ultimately it will depend on how much variation there actually is within each selection.

MKX is looking sick though. The one Kano fatality that they showed was pretty weak though.

casperOne

At the competitive level people are going to figure out which variant is the best one to use and select that, but ultimately it will depend on how much variation there actually is within each selection.

Ideally, there will be variations which would counter other character variations, so that you could still play the character you want, but switch to a variation which provides a better matchup.

PureYeti

So how many of you guys are close to Austin, TX? I just moved from NY, maybe now I'll finally get some decent KOF connections (HA! Fat chance). Once I get my arcade stick shipped to me, I might buy ultra but I heard it's pretty bad on pc. I wouldn't mind playing some old kofs or ST if I don't on the other hand.

Arcade UFO is 25mins away from where I live. Which is nice. Though I don't really play much sf4 but I would like some games in ST when I get a chance to go there.

I live in Dallas so our connections can't be that bad right? :O

I live in Dallas so our connections can't be that bad right? :O

Cool. I just visited some people in Dallas and went to Tim Love's restaurant the Lonesome Dove over the weekend. Those Elk Sliders with foie gras is like an orgy in my mouth. Don't know how long it would take my brother to ship me my arcade stick though if you want to get some games in. Knowing him, he would send it the cheapest way and it would take maybe a week to get here.

Mr. X

MKX is trying to do SF3 SA selection on a larger scale. Try as they might, players will be the ones who determine which variations are best to use.

oneida

give every character all 3 movelists and let the players play them how they want. your matchup is your opponent!

Top Bottom