• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Aug 11-17 | RIP Hitokage

Myn

What made me sad personally was I got the news of it from a friend, went online to check and the only article I saw about it on the front page of Google was that it was a hoax, checked Wikipedia and it didn't say a death date so I thought it was another viral thing going around Facebook. Then as soon as I got home I checked and hundreds of articles popped up about it and confirmed his death. Sucks but rip.

MrDaravon

I think Chris G's tweets (which I only saw because other people I follow are blowing it up hard) regarding Robin Williams are going to get him actually physically fucked up by someone. I take back anything I ever said about him potentially not acting like a fucking child. Holy shit.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
It's always someone.

Without fail following a tragic suicide, someone will decide now is the perfect time to announce their personal feelings about the act.

"I don't respect it". Who the fuck cares right now dude?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I think Chris G's tweets (which I only saw because other people I follow are blowing it up hard) regarding Robin Williams are going to get him actually physically fucked up by someone. I take back anything I ever said about him potentially not acting like a fucking child. Holy shit.
If they're the two that are still up, I sort of understand where the sentiment comes from, but it's SUPER insensitive and selfish (for the one making the comment). Unfortunately, it's a very, very popular opinion and I see similar comments all the time when people take their own lives.

Anyways, I suppose it's not right to shine more light on fuckery like that.

Man, the world is so fucked up right now, damn near every day there is some horrifying news either from ongoing conflicts or events like these. Kind of bumming me out.

Slurmer

Banned
I made grand finals of an injustice "local" (I drove 4+ hours) and then got bodied by Mr. Aquaman's Ares. Had a great time though, and even though I still make bad decisions and mess up inputs, it's cool to see that I am getting better.

Edit: ah, I'm sorry if this post seems ill-timed. I hadn't read the previous posts.

I made grand finals of an injustice "local" (I drove 4+ hours) and then got bodied by Mr. Aquaman's Ares. Had a great time though, and even though I still make bad decisions and mess up inputs, it's cool to see that I am getting better.

Hey, congrats! But four hours of driving ain't a local!

How big was the bracket?

Also, it's fine that you're talking about fighting games in the fighting game thread.

Might as well immortalize it.

vawYWbj.png

Beckx

Just a clueless kid. Hopefully he'll see some of the many tweets about depression (#depressionlies) and come out with a better understanding.

Uraizen

Banned

Congrats on that, who did you use?

Edit: ah, I'm sorry if this post seems ill-timed. I hadn't read the previous posts.

Its been a rough few days for everybody.

[ass]http://i.imgur.com/vawYWbj.png[hat]

Welp, he made my eternal shit list for that comment.

Congrats and big respect for making the drive for a small tournament.

Sheroking

The man has his views, it's fine.

It's a pile of complete ignorance, and somewhat offensive to anyone who has ever known someone who committed suicide.

ChrisG is basically the worlds stupidest human being. He manages to be on the wrong side of every issue, ever. He should not twitter.

Malice215

Chris G has an history of being a jackass on Twitter, but today went over the line. I know there's plenty of people who feel the same way as he does, but show some empathy towards the people who are grieving.

It's easy to say that someone else shouldn't take their own their life when you haven't been through it.

Crocodile

How old is Chris G again? Dude says some dumb fucking shit way too often SMH

pou_7153.png

I guess this goes to both Brett and Robin. RIP.

Some fucked up days these past few days (to say nothing of some the fuckery going in OT over the past weekend :/)

.la1n

Chris has a tendency to tweet in poor taste. The times we live in dictates that, unfortunately, we are exposed to ignorant thought processes on a more consistent basis. I feel terrible that we lost an actor and comedian I truly adored. My heart go out to his loved ones.

Infinite

Chris G is ignorant on this subject and unfortunately his views on the subject are shared with a lot of people. I been through depression and got told that I should "stop being a little bitch" by my only family. I still love them the same and they are pretty intelligent people who raised me to be the man I am today but they like most people are clueless about depression and couldn't really help me when I was going through it. It's a common sentiment that needs to be addressed through better education on the subject.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Chris G just really strikes me as someone that doesn't have enough life/social experience or just has been exposed to a single set of beliefs his entire life. Kind of pity the dude.

It's a pile of complete ignorance, and somewhat offensive to anyone who has ever known someone who committed suicide.

You'd be surprised the number of people out there who immediately lose any and all compassion when a death is learned to be a suicide.
Also, many do not know the absolute depths that depression can drive a person into.

Chris G is ignorant on this subject and unfortunately his views on the subject are shared with a lot of people. I been through depression and got told that I should "stop being a little bitch" by my only family. I still love them the same and they are pretty intelligent people who raised me to be the man I am today but they like most people are clueless about depression and couldn't really help me when I was going through it. It's a common sentiment that needs to be addressed through better education on the subject.

Chris G seems to be ignorant on every issue on the planet beside execution on a joy stick.

Azure J

Chris G just really strikes me as someone that doesn't have enough life/social experience or just has been exposed to a single set of beliefs his entire life. Kind of pity the dude.

Preach.

Infinite

Which is surprising since the dude is from NY. I would understand if he was raise in a penthouse in the middle of Manhattan and had everything handed to him but this isn't the case.

I'm from exactly the same city Chris G is from (Brooklyn, NY). I can promise you, like I said in my post, that a lot people from that community and in the entire world think as he does on the issue of depression and suicide.

Vice

Which is surprising since the dude is from NY. I would understand if he was raise in a penthouse in the middle of Manhattan and had everything handed to him but this isn't the case.

He's still pretty young, 22(?), and has spent the last 4/5 years doing nothing but playing video games.

soakrates

What Chris G said is reprehensible, but unfortunately it is a commonly held attitude about suicide and mental health issues. Those suffering through depression and/or entertaining suicidal thoughts are routinely shamed for being "weak" and "selfish." It keeps a lot of people from sharing, and often reinforces feelings of hopelessness and demotivation that are frequent among depression sufferers.

Depression is scary and not nearly enough people take it seriously.

Dahbomb

Only thing worse than some of ChrisG's comments are the people who are telling him to kill himself over his comments.

Also the whole issue of depression is more misunderstood in 3rd world countries than 1st world countries. There are 10 times more problems in general in 3rd world countries than 1st world countries yet there are less overall cases of depression. It's not that people don't get depressed over there (they do) it's that there is simply less education on it.

Like imagine the shittiest you have ever felt in your life. Now imagine feeling that way while you have no roof over your head, no food, no money, no bed to sleep in while the outside temperature is 50 degrees and you are sick with Dengue fever while your kids are starving with you. Depression is bad but at least you aren't depressed in a 3rd world country while belonging to low socioeconomic background in harsh living/weather conditions.

There is actually more likelihood of suicide in a higher socioeconomic status than lower socioeconomic status especially when combined with heavy drinking. When you are poor, you can blame your depression on being poor and you can at least work towards fixing that (try to get a job so you aren't poor and thus not depressed). When you are rich and generally well off (like I am assuming is the case with Robin William), you don't have anything to blame for your depression but yourself so suicide becomes a more logical course of action. That is why you see actors/famous people suicide even though to the perspective of some it may feel like "why did they suicide? Aren't they really rich/well off? They got everything they would want".

vawYWbj.png

ChrisG is basically the worlds stupidest human being. He manages to be on the wrong side of every issue, ever. He should not twitter.

I'm not offended and one of my coworkers that I've known for 8 years just recently killed himself. He was a good dude and I am terribly sorry for his family, but I semi agree with ChrisG on this one in a way, though he probably should keep it to himself...as should I, but since we're talking about it anyway. Suicide is definitely an option but I certainly won't feel bad for anyone that takes that direction. Depression is very serious, and I know it can take its toll and that's unfortunate

We lost a great talent today, but that was his choice and I don't feel for him. I certainly feel bad for his family though.

If I were ChrisG I wouldn't have tweeted about it though.

Sheroking

I'm not offended and one of my coworkers that I've known for 8 years just recently killed himself. He was a good dude and I am terribly sorry for his family, but I semi agree with ChrisG on this one in a way. Suicide is definitely an option but I certainly won't feel bad for anyone that takes that direction.

You're as clueless and wrong as he is.

Top Bottom