• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Aug 11-17 | RIP Hitokage

The Light

Loving commando Kano. Boon said in the trailer Kano beats on his chest for a power up and it has me wondering if its something like Bane with venom or just some knife extension combos.
Ideally, there will be variations which would counter other character variations, so that you could still play the character you want, but switch to a variation which provides a better matchup.

Hoping it will turn out this way.

Shito

You don't think command grabs, and high/low counters will be useful? :p
Command grabs, yeah, high/low counters I really don't know... It's always a bet / quite easy to bait. But then again, I'm not too big on NRS games, so maybe it's gonna end up being quite good in their game mechanics... ^^

OceanBlue

I'm not familiar with Melty Blood, but how many versions of each character were viable in that game?

I'm not really knowledgeable by any measure, but IIRC it's character, matchup, and player dependent. Only a few characters have only one version which are generally used. Most players main specific versions of their character and only switch for certain matchups, and usually the version they main varies by person.

I'm not really knowledgeable by any measure, but IIRC it's character, matchup, and player dependent. Only a few characters have only one version which are generally used. Most players main specific versions of their character and only switch for certain matchups, and usually the version they main varies by person.

I played a lot of F-Seifuku Akiha since she was easy too play and I seemed to keep out a lot of characters and pressure certain matchups easily. But the general consensus is that every other version of her was much better, they were top tier, while F wasn't too hot overall. I remember watching some melty tournament the team that won it was team akiha and that get craploads of mixups and pressure off those fire pillars.

BGMNTS

Kano is very og in MK lore.

Also, my SF3 playing seems to be getting worse not better. Was playing a guy yesterday, he managed to 18 hit combo me playing as HUGO!!

OceanBlue

I played a lot of F-Seifuku Akiha since she was easy too play and I seemed to keep out a lot of characters and pressure certain matchups easily. But the general consensus is that every other version of her was much better, they were top tier, while F wasn't too hot overall. I remember watching some melty tournament the team that won it was team akiha and that get craploads of mixups and pressure off those fire pillars.

Yeah, in my experience Seifuku Akiha is one of the few characters for which one moon is far better than the others; all of the S.Akiha players I've seen in videos play C-S.Akiha.

There's a lot I don't know about the game and the characters, but I can only really think of 3 characters for whom there's only one moon predominantly used by most players in all matchups: S.Akiha, Ciel, and NecoMech (not sure about this one to be honest). This is going off of random ranbat videos so for all I know, the number of "tournament viable" moons might be less than I think.

Krassus

I have dedicated cabinets for MK1, 2, 3 and 4. Got them all a few years ago when arcades were closing. They're all in storage back home though, have no room for them in my apartment in Chicago. I at least wish I could have MK2 here.

MK2 was my favorite, did you play Kitana primarily back then? I was all Mileena and Kung Lao fanboying but damn those were the good days

galvatron

ty

I'm selling my SF2WW to some guy at NextLevel to help pay for it. any of you FGWers arcade game owners?

Got a candy cab damn near 10 years ago...probably my best gaming purchase!

Now I've got about half the neo geo library, jamma modded genesis model 1, some jamma boards, and a pc+ arcade vga + j-pac for emulators to go with it.

BGMNTS

MK2 was my favorite, did you play Kitana primarily back then? I was all Mileena and Kung Lao fanboying but damn those were the good days

That Kung Lao fatality.

giphy.gif

Yeah I always played Kitana from MK2 on. I started playing her the most because she was the easiest to beat the game with. Kung Lao is my favorite male character in MK though.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
good question. no QA? I can't think of a jp company that's this bad lately.
Even if they discuss changes organically, it should be one person's dedicated job to document everything they're changing, no excuses. It's crucial, and information you present to and is important to the majority of the people invested in the game.

I realize it's not just Capcom who has this problem, but more often than not it's them.

PureYeti

Cool. I just visited some people in Dallas and went to Tim Love's restaurant the Lonesome Dove over the weekend. Those Elk Sliders with foie gras is like an orgy in my mouth. Don't know how long it would take my brother to ship me my arcade stick though if you want to get some games in. Knowing him, he would send it the cheapest way and it would take maybe a week to get here.

I been hearing about Tim Loves restaurant here and there. I should check it out when I have the chance. There are couple of tournaments coming up in October and November if you want to check it out.

I don't mind waiting. There is no rush to play some games

Mostly generic places and hole in the walls. Going to fancy restaurants aren't my thing when I'm alone. Heading to dinner with everyone today so maybe it'll be somewhere nice. =o
That ramen jiro thread in OT a few weeks ago had me mad jonesing for good ramen, you should get on that

Top Bottom