• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Aug 18-24 | Fall back, u nerd

Seyavesh

Why do people expect to see anything interesting coming out of tgs? "Just wait for tgs" should be a folk tale at this point.

rev 2 exists and will probably be announced at TGS given it's info being put up on xbox.com

so basically right now im wendy and capcom is peter pan

Silky

Banned
Why do people expect to see anything interesting coming out of tgs? "Just wait for tgs" should be a folk tale at this point.

because the japanese gods will save/justify their ps4 purchases \o/ muh jrpgs

I don't expect anything from TGS. SNK just started development on KOF so they're out of the picture. Lily Bergamo is dead. D4 is coming out this year anyway. Phantom Dust won't be seen for a while. There's literally nothing for me there that doesn't look like the same regurgitated bubblegum shit from Japan's struggling industry.

People still think TLG will show up at TGS. I'll have snacks on hand for the meltdowns when it doesn't show, because laughing at those guys is funnier than messing with the Shenmue 3 guys.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
You are better off forgetting about wanting anything new from something you love so you can actually be surprised. I never hoped for or expected a new GG so god damn was I blown away.

Viewtiful Joe 3 and Half Life 3 is still happening...ya'll mothafuckas just sit here being cynical and watch, don't wanna hear any of that fuckboy nonsense when they get announced

*runs off crying*

Beckx

because the japanese gods will save/justify their ps4 purchases \o/ muh jrpgs

wWd.gif

Last years sf4 tourny at tgs was pretty hype

Daigo losing to cabbage and all the fanboys getting mad, chocoblanka going far, that crazy juso vs haitani grand finals

Uraizen

Banned
ASW doesn't want UNIEL hitbox and frame data made public https://twitter.com/dantarion/status/502017516349440000

Check his latest tweets too.

*lowers glasses* Excuse me? Why are Arc and Namco so ass backwards on this? Western devs and Capcom allow everybody to share that shit. Hell, some put it in the damned training mode itself. Let's not even get started on the request to remove tournament videos.

Speaking of UNIEL, Aksys has the North American site up.

March 31 release, $40
http://aksysgames.com/undernight/

Called the price, but damn... that date.

onionfrog

Viewtiful Joe 3 and Half Life 3 is still happening...ya'll mothafuckas just sit here being cynical and watch, don't wanna hear any of that fuckboy nonsense when they get announced

*runs off crying*
I'll come cry with you. Capcom's mishandling of the Viewtiful Joe series and Clover Studios was just tragic.

Viewtiful Joe is one of my favorite games ever, I beat them both on all difficulties including Ultra V-rated.
:_;

I really hope we see capcom announce some new games next year. Including a new fighting game of some sort. Ono plz

With Capcom shareholders basically opening up the possibility of a buyout, it means that Capcom won't survive this gen. Most of their top talent left and they've done irreparable damage to most of their franchises last gen, and I don't think they have it in them to make the runaway successful game they really need right now (besides monster hunter).

It's interesting that Panties have indeed been raided. It's fairly obvious that the early Deep Down footage was CG, but wasn't the game playable at the last TGS?

jbug617

Banned
Is NLBC running UNIEL again? Also it looks like P4A Ultimax is going be at WNF so I would expect major stream time for that.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
What really gets me is that all these companies are jumping onto the PS4/XB1 but then create simple games that can easily be done on previous consoles no problem. At the same time a lot of these games are only on current gen consoles. Like why even bother having MS and Sony release a more powerful system and reset the userbase when you can make the same games on consoles with a combined userbase of over 100 million.

Coda

What really gets me is that all these companies are jumping onto the PS4/XB1 but then create simple games that can easily be done on previous consoles no problem. At the same time a lot of these games are only on current gen consoles. Like why even bother having MS and Sony release a more powerful system and reset the userbase when you can make the same games on consoles with a combined userbase of over 100 million.

This is true but the beginning of next gens have generally sucked. Last gen was a huge step up because of HD but we still had lackluster games until a couple years in.

hitsugi

This is true but the beginning of next gens have generally sucked. Last gen was a huge step up because of HD but we still had lackluster games until a couple years in.

The beginning of next gen was plagued with cross-gen nonsense. And then there are the games made next gen exclusive (certain indie games) that could have been released on the previous hardware.

Hopefully 2015 will be the true rise of next gen and we can put our old consoles to rest.

Dahbomb

It's sad that expecting new footage of older announced games is a bit too much of a ask these days (FFXV, KH3, Deep Down, TLG etc).

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I don't think Deep Down is one of those games, and I'm not just talking visuals. AAA F2P game with procedurally generated, high fidelity dungeons. A lot more yellow tape to go through on PS360 and a lot higher risk.

It's sad that expecting new footage of older announced games is a bit too much of a ask these days (FFXV, KH3, Deep Down, TLG etc).
Damn, isn't that the fucking truth right there.

hitsugi

FFXV has been the worst wait I've ever experienced. It's going to be almost impossible for that game to launch and meet people's expectations.

petghost

Banned
whatever despite the fact that i have no idea what to be expecting as far game announcements and therefore very low expectations, im super excited for TGS because madcatz unveiled last year was totally amazing and hopefully they are working on something cool this year as well. some crazy exhibition or something.

on a somewhat related note i'd like to see someone bring back the SBO style team tournament format.

Dahbomb

The only thing I am looking forward to at TGS is Tekken 7 and even that is a bit of a stretch. I just want to see the in game graphics and the game play footage.

vocab

Wait for TGS so you can see the exciting world of japanese video games.

Ports, moe blob garbage, and shit you already know about. TGS has been a wash for years.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
My Tgs wishlist begins and ends with Xrd trailer for Sin/console release

Basic answer is that Its tricky to ramp up and use all the new features on a new system both visually and mechanics based.

Top Bottom