• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Aug 18-24 | Fall back, u nerd

smurfx

get some go again
so iebattlegrounds can't stream either? no more nsfw fridays? now that levelup got all those pc's will they start streaming dota or LoL? maybe even counter strike GO?

Beesuit

This seems like some pretty backwards stuff if true. But imma wait for extra info before kicking up a fuss. Still feel kinda edgy bout it all though.

Can't they just use the twitch hosting feature to get around it? Just have Levelup host the other stream.

I guess it does remove the possibility of having concurrent streams at WNF/TRB, unless they use levelup2 and levelup3 or something.

Also, if it's an issue with Super Arcade's sponsors needing representation on on stream if someone is streaming from the venue, can't they just have all the streamers use a generic layout?

Lemstar

mP8ZbSv.png

Wonder what that's about.

Shouta

Sounds like the recent PC sponsorship might be the one that will hurt the local folks, assuming what has been said is how it's going to be for the place. That's pretty ass overall, if true. I assume PC because they're the only ones that has been announced recently.

.la1n

Sounds like the recent PC sponsorship might be the one that will hurt the local folks, assuming what has been said is how it's going to be for the place. That's pretty ass overall, if true. I assume PC because they're the only ones that has been announced recently.

If true then I sure hope it's worth it financially or another great arcade is going to disappear.

casperOne

I agree with you...

I agree that this is probably the stance that most people would take and I wouldn't fault them for it. Just thinking there might be a few here and there that might have better ties.

Calculating the observable frame data of a character's move is akin to calculating how fast an athlete can perform a specific action. All of this data can be calculated either via observable means or via reverse engineering.

This is where the distinction is made; if you measured/observed it, then I'd say yes, there's no way they could tell you to take it down (assuming that you measured it through means other than reading the file directly).

However, if you reverse engineered the data from the game itself, that's not an observation, and you more than likely violated the EULA, as quite possibly the DMCA as well.

Bonchan thinks he figured out the sagat/rose match up. hopefully he figured out more fireballs isn't the answer.

I haven't seriously played SF4 in a while, but I mained Sagat. I don't know how he thought that a character who builds meter by absorbing or reflecting fireballs would be beaten by throwing a ton of plasma. I get that they're Sagat's best tools, but you can't keep using a hammer when it's raining.

http://canada-cup.ca/canada-cup-2014/

As a local, this will be the best Canada Cup since 2011.

All of this feels like quite the roller coaster.

How you supposed to display this on your desk at work?

with an anna statue obviously.

By herself is shameful .

with a 2 week notice in your inbox.

Kotobukiya's are hilarious

You should check out what they did with Freddy Krueger and Jason. Lol

This is gold. Some of the best stuff to come out of this thread in a while.

That's hilarious. I guess if a person/entity can prove it's them and that it would potentially hurt them they can petition MS to have it changed? Weird. Once played against a guy with the gamertag Daniel Day Lewis, guess he's fucked.

Until you look at his achievements and realize he has three Academy Awards.

The overlay at the bottom of the match for WNF is incredibly obnoxious. It doesn't even do anything.

I don't like this new revamped one.

Anyone have a screencap, link to the Twitch archive, or YouTube video? I'd like to see. Thanks.

VSF4 draft bracket.

http://www.vsfighting.com/brackets-2/

Notable names (SF4):
Alioune
Luffy
Dieminion
Ryan Hart
Will2pac
Valmaster
Cuongster
Problem X
(the above is already a hella stacked potential top eight)
MBR
Blaydon Ryu
Fuzzy
Victheslik
F-Word
Taaha
BTM Gunslinga
Andreas
Dawgtanian (in his last tournament role as CM, I think)
Me!
And a lot of other familiar faces from the various scenes, too.

:)

No sign of Snake Eyes, who was rumoured to attend, or OMH who I was really hoping would attend.

Go Fuzzy!

Malice215

Way more entertaining than high level fireball spam

kappa

I was glad to see the stream jump to 8K after I posted that. I was worried for a second that fish were taking over since people love mindless entertainment.

I'm also waiting to find out more details on this streaming situation at Super. I don't think it's the end of world if it's just switching Twitch channels for a bi-weekly.

I'm okay with the top of the overlay Level Up is using for WNF, but the bottom is taking up too much space that's being used for nothing. Overall I would like to see them trim the unused space.

But I'm glad that Super Arcade is back open and so many people came out for the soft opening. Hopefully there weren't too many issues running the game on PC besides the long button configs.

Oh? What he had to say about the game?

He had the valid criticism of disliking the fact that character strength plays a large role like in SF. But then he added this unneeded stuff about the art style and the anime community being lackluster with the same guy (Lordknight) winning all the time.

Infinite

He had the valid criticism of disliking the fact that character strength plays a large role like in SF. But then he added this unneeded stuff about the art style and the anime community being lackluster with the same guy (Lordknight) winning all the time.
The first criticism is debatable. Gordeau, Waldstein, and Merkava are obnoxious as fuck and the 3 weakest characters suck against them but people, especially people who aren't investing energy into the game, are really exaggerating what they are capable of.

Second criticism is really silly. Considering that he was fan girling for KoF13 and now Yatagarasu. Also Lord Knight won like UNIEL tournament to date. Calling the anime community lackluster is pretty unfair.

Even though Yuzu is a strong character more than capable of fighting the entire cast :v

People are overstating top 3 to such a ridiculous degree.

But even he complained about how difficult the character is to play. So there is still a good chance that he isn't winning any of the early tourneys because of the difficulty and the learning curve.

Anne

But even he complained about how difficult the character is to play. So there is still a good chance that he isn't winning any of the early tourneys because of the difficulty and the learning curve.

Yeah, she's hard as hell to play properly, the fact he's doing well with her is impressive at least. I was more commenting on you saying "instead of picking top tier" like he isn't picking somebody strong.

Infinite

That kinda still has little to do with her being strong or not.

Honestly although he didn't exactly say this, Juicebox's comments about the anime community being lackluster reminds when people said "what's the point of picking that game up when were just going to get bodied by Japan" when persona came out. No one realizes that that attitude is a self fulfilling prophecy.

Mr. X

The games I know LK for playing and placing top in BB and P4A.

"Anime scene" is more than 3 games. Even then, it is like complaining about Wong winning in a lot of different games.

Busaiku

Right, I just thought they'd probably wanna leave earlier.
Any ideas how long they're staying?
Just until the tournament's over?

So with the streaming stuff couldn't they just make a new SuperArcade channel and just have Jyosua/other side streamers use/control those? Unless other legal reasons are why they don't want to do that.

So with the streaming stuff couldn't they just make a new SuperArcade channel and just have Jyosua/other side streamers use/control those? Unless other legal reasons are why they don't want to do that.

They can but it's not the point. It takes focus away from the streamers' own channels which is the issue there. The whole thing is over using the arcade's own channel or the streamers' own ones.

The hosting functionality could easily solve it, of course, depending if the sponsor folks are okay with it and what the details actually are, because it sounds like there's a misunderstanding somewhere.

Top Bottom