• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Aug 18-24 | Fall back, u nerd

alstein

I think they've said that they won't attempt integrating GGPO until after 1.0 ships.

I did have a 47 ping match that seemed ok. They do have numerical ping. 187 ping was KOFXII bad though.

Lots of roughness in the port of this game, it's well away from being away, especially with such a small team. It's in rough shape though the gameplay seems interesting.

Shito

For the longest majority of time in vanilla, there'd be like 3 rooms total on a good night on XBL, while on PSN there'd be a few more. The online community looks to be more concentrated on PS3, especially since ASW cross over players are all on PS3.
"A few more" is a gentle way to say it.
I would have said the 360 version of vanilla was a desert, while the ps3 version always had rooms of every 3 major regions for a long time after its release. I bought both because I also prefer the 360 for playing online, but only ended up playing on ps3.

In short:

We were banned because we found out about Nec '13 rigging (kept quiet) and went into final round 2014 not happy they were running NRS games knowing what we knew. FR ended up being one of the worst ran tourneys ever . We voiced our opinion and then were told we were banned. We have tried since April on Facebook, emails, Skype , calls to reconcile and be the bigger men. I have proof of every attempt and they are being ridiculous.

Looks like someone doesn't know how to take criticism.

Anne

"A few more" is a gentle way to say it.
I would have said the 360 version of vanilla was a desert, while the ps3 version always had rooms of every 3 major regions for a long time after its release. I bought both because I also prefer the 360 for playing online, but only ended up playing on ps3.

This is more accurate.

Also, is TYM just TMZ now? Not trying to talk shit, but I've literally only ever been linked to it when there's a 20 page drama thread.

This is more accurate.

Also, is TYM just TMZ now? Not trying to talk shit, but I've literally only ever been linked to it when there's a 20 page drama thread.

its basically NRS community forum. To be fair, this is legit news. 2 of the evo finalist are banned for just talking bad about a tournament. Another is joining them because he wants to backup his friends.
edit
I'm thankful for pig's video. It really shows how TOs act in close doors. All you have to do is just watch that video and read pig's, shinblanka and big E post.

No. There is a lot of drama but there's plenty of good content too. You're not going to be linked to the talk of Catwoman matchups, you know.

gutabo

Yeah, it's true. Well to be accurate we're not sure on Big E events. He won't give us a clear answer. Shin Blanka told us if we go to TFC or FR he will call the police and have us ejected. He also threatened a lawsuit if we recommend players go to other tournaments. I'm not a law expert but based on watching TV I don't think that is a strong case lol.

The gist is Pig and I have been critical of those tournaments for a while now. The NRS side of them are often run very poorly in our opinions. Final Round was the last straw. That was the worst tournament I've ever been to. We were extremely vocal about that and they've been mad at us since. A couple of months ago players from that region started asking us to make peace since it's dividing the community. We tried, they weren't interested, and there you have it.

Damn. I've been in a very similar situation but at a much smaller scale. Around 2010 here in Lima (Peru) there was a rumor about a SF tournament giving away a plane ticket to dreamhack as first price. The tournament wasn't an event in itself, but a part of a much bigger lan party event focused in FPS/RTS/MMO PC games. There was no marketing for the sf tourney nor the plane ticket so many of us doubted it. In the end, everyone in our SF scene showed up to the event. It was the worst tourney ever. From the lack of stations(there was only one), lack of space, lack of everything to the judges not even knowing fighting games or even what a bracket meant(so they told most of us that it was single elim when, as it turned out, it was double elim with another day for the losers bracket and finals), it was a disaster. People from our community had to bring consoles, TVs and sticks/pads to be able to run the tournament. I talked to the organizer and I was very vocal about it and he told me "what are you talking about? this is peru's best, biggest tournament". I talked to the organizer's best friend afterwards about it and he told me that dreamhack paid up front the organizer for the qualifier so it was even better for him to not have a tournament. Why? because he then could tell dreamhack that no one showed up and he could keep all the money instead of using it for, you know, marketing, the price, etc. The worst part? at least he had an excuse(money) in that tourney, he kept(keeps) doing bad tourneys.

I haven't seen the video/TYM thread but I really hope you can sort things out.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
10583929_10152675858128331_7201268782922734997_n.jpg

10552520_10152675858433331_6456366587079035463_n.jpg

yo damn

alstein

Yeah, it's true. Well to be accurate we're not sure on Big E events. He won't give us a clear answer. Shin Blanka told us if we go to TFC or FR he will call the police and have us ejected. He also threatened a lawsuit if we recommend players go to other tournaments. I'm not a law expert but based on watching TV I don't think that is a strong case lol.

The gist is Pig and I have been critical of those tournaments for a while now. The NRS side of them are often run very poorly in our opinions. Final Round was the last straw. That was the worst tournament I've ever been to. We were extremely vocal about that and they've been mad at us since. A couple of months ago players from that region started asking us to make peace since it's dividing the community. We tried, they weren't interested, and there you have it.

If what you are saying is true, I won't be attending TFC, or any Big E events in future. I know I'm a nobody and it doesn't matter, but on principle that's just wrong.

FR is also a lot less likely.

number47

At least the vanilla cast isn't even accurately represented. Stuff that worked in vanilla doesn't work and Seth and wrong health and so on.
Why expect a all star mode to be perfect.

I'm confused about the tym thing. They knew about the rig yet still went to another of their tourneys and still complained. "just start your own tournament " or volunteer at others to make sure they run better? Why care for a league that's not your own.

And it's obvious wnf is level ups thing. Hell,wasn't wnf at Dave and busters before. Super arcade owes alot to them. It's easier to control who's using what with just one streaming in the place using equipment from a deal THEY made. I see it as being responsible. best for business.

Vice

She's 16???? Asian man is scary.

Plus all the drama with Big E and Shin Blanka is bad for the scene -__-

Didn't shin Blanka allow for neo and champ to switch brackets or something for a tournament? Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Yeah , at FR with all the full schedule drama.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
hi

those of you who are interested in the upcoming VF3tb anniversary tournament in japan might wanna know that they've been streaming sets every couple days since Aug 10.

just uploaded all of it. 6.3hrs of high level 3tb!

first set:
http://youtu.be/CRPb7JPkuj8

CurlyW

Didn't shin Blanka allow for neo and champ to switch brackets or something for a tournament? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Sixfortyfive can correct me, but I believe that's wrong. Neo & Champ (and the players they swapped with, Wandles & Potato Salad) only talked to the bracket runner to get the swap to happen. Shinblanka didn't know about it until it was too late.

Also 17 years of organizing tournaments and the skin remains thin.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Sixfortyfive can correct me, but I believe that's wrong. Neo & Champ (and the players they swapped with, Wandles & Potato Salad) only talked to the bracket runner to get the swap to happen. Shinblanka didn't know about it until it was too late.
Pretty much. Champ and Neo were denied initially, and then the bracket runner flipped them later only because the other two players next to them in the bracket, who were also friends and training partners, requested it themselves.

Also 17 years of organizing tournaments and the skin remains thin.
Heh.

Top Bottom