• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Aug 18-24 | Fall back, u nerd

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So with the streaming stuff couldn't they just make a new SuperArcade channel and just have Jyosua/other side streamers use/control those? Unless other legal reasons are why they don't want to do that.
Same difference, the broadcasters can't use their own channels.

They can but it's not the point. It takes focus away from the streamers' own channels which is the issue there. The whole thing is over using the arcade's own channel or the streamers' own ones.

The hosting functionality could easily solve it, of course, depending if the sponsor folks are okay with it and what the details actually are, because it sounds like there's a misunderstanding somewhere.

Yea I guess you probably couldn't promote your own channel while using theirs

Atlus Japan trailers focus mainly on the story aspect of the characters. Atlus USA trailers focus mostly on the gameplay aspect.
Ah, I see that now. I was getting frustrated.

Of course, I'm maining Elizabeth no matter what due to how fantastic her playstyle and aesthetic are.

https://www.facebook.com/Viscant/posts/711170565626388

viscant's fast food tier list.

Bertos (If you have a local Mexican food place that ends in Bertos, three things are true. 1, the staff will speak no English whatsoever. 2, you will be in SERIOUS pain after eating it. 3, it will DEFINITELY be worth it)

lol.

We have a local place called Alberto's, and this is absolutely true, all 3 points. There's also a 4th bonus condition of if the staff in the back has a small television watching Spanish news or Spanish soap operas/game shows

Thanks for that.

That seems like a lot of unutilized real estate. I'm more of the mindset that displays like this should be highly optimized. If it's not explicitly being used for something, then don't throw it on screen.

Its hard to read the players names as well. White text on light background is not good.

Horseress

yo I've just got my Yatagarasu AoC Alpha key! Sadly won't be able to play it till tonight, but everybody else should be getting it as well in the next hours

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends

mP8ZbSv.png

Wonder what that's about.

I'm surprised this isn't being talked about. If I read correctly, WNF will have a monopoly over streaming for now? Was that an executive decision by Super Arcade or was it sponsors laying down the law?

Anne

I'm surprised this isn't being talked about. If I read correctly, WNF will have a monopoly over streaming for now? Was that an executive decision by Super Arcade or was it sponsors laying down the law?

There's not much to say other than "Oh that looks like it's shitty" because there isn't much to go off of. All we know is Jyosua was told by somebody he can't stream on his channel there, and from the other side all we know is Watson likes to say vague things to refute it. Could be a misunderstanding, could be legit, we dunno until somebody from there says something.

Best bet is a sponsor donated a bunch of stuff to the venue and asked for it to be on LU's stream and used at the venue. Hell, they might have donated streaming equipment under the basis it's used on that stream. But we don't actually know :v until somebody from Super clarifies all we have to go on is a couple twitter posts and Watson saying veiled shit in chat.

I don't really understand either.

I am understanding it as anything that happens inside Super Arcade, or affiliated with Super Arcade has to be streamed on the LevelUp channel for brand consistency or something.

So like, a tekken tournament inside Super would have to be on LevelUp and not IEBG, but if it was at Vid94 or Round1, then it could be on IE battlegrounds?

I don't quite understand what is happening. I wish they were not vague about it and just explain it.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
There's not much to say other than "Oh that looks like it's shitty" because there isn't much to go off of. All we know is Jyosua was told by somebody he can't stream on his channel there, and from the other side all we know is Watson likes to say vague things to refute it. Could be a misunderstanding, could be legit, we dunno until somebody from there says something.

Best bet is a sponsor donated a bunch of stuff to the venue and asked for it to be on LU's stream and used at the venue. Hell, they might have donated streaming equipment under the basis it's used on that stream. But we don't actually know :v until somebody from Super clarifies all we have to go on is a couple twitter posts and Watson saying veiled shit in chat.

Thanks for the clarification Anne. Super Arcade has worked up such a good reputation for it to be spoiled on something that could be easily misunderstood due to being vague, which only raises suspicion on an outside party's perspective in my opinion.

I don't really understand either.

I am understanding it as anything that happens inside Super Arcade, or affiliated with Super Arcade has to be streamed on the LevelUp channel for brand consistency or something.

So like, a tekken tournament inside Super would have to be on LevelUp and not IEBG, but if it was at Vid94 or Round1, then it could be on IE battlegrounds?

I don't quite understand what is happening. I wish they were not vague about it and just explain it.

Exactly, this is where the confusion is. I know Valle has a gaf account, maybe he can shed some light if word of this spreads.

alstein

Yatagarasu port is rough. Really rough right now- they need a lot of UI help.

Netcode with a Japanese player was really bad- I don't think GGPO has been implemented yet.

Anne

From what I hear it's not like Super wants to shun any community or anything, they just have a situation with pros/cons with sponsors/streaming. Interested to see what's up.

Well when does this new streaming protocol go into place? Because WNF Tekken was streamed last night on a side channel like it had been for the past several months.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
is there a consensus on what the ~all around best~ version of SFIV is? Super? v2012?

wonder if people will just revert to playing that at some point. I guess even SF2 has groups that just wanna play HF instead of ST

jbug617

Banned
Is my best bet to get Ultimax on PS3 if I plan to play online? I prefer 360 for online and I did buy the first one on 360.

is there a consensus on what the ~all around best~ version of SFIV is? Super? v2012?

wonder if people will just revert to playing that at some point. I guess even SF2 has groups that just wanna play HF instead of ST

I would say Super.

Super and Ultra are both really good versions in their own ways.

Anne

Is my best bet to get Ultimax on PS3 if I plan to play online? I prefer 360 for online and I did buy the first one on 360.

I would say Super.

For the longest majority of time in vanilla, there'd be like 3 rooms total on a good night on XBL, while on PSN there'd be a few more. The online community looks to be more concentrated on PS3, especially since ASW cross over players are all on PS3.

I think it's Super. AE2012 and Ultra are the worst versions imo.

Nyoro SF

Every game has some major flaws so I don't think there is a best SF4 version.

Some people might say Super but they forget how really bad half the cast was.

As a Fei main I love his AE version of course, and I'm a bit sad with how they took away jab -> sweep, but I'm not going to pretend that AE is the best version or anything. lol

Busaiku

If the Japanese game is region free, and people didn't throw away their money, then some people will also be defaulted to PS3, since it's not on 360 in Japan.
Your best bet is PS3.

GooeyHeat

Edition Select is clearly the best version. I mean, it has Super Guile. Remember when Sonic Hurricane did damage? Those were the days.

Sheroking

I'd go with Ultra, too.

I like red focus and delayed wake-up. The former is fun to land, the latter let's me mess with the only bullshit I disliked about the 4 series until Ultra. Ultra has four characters I find fun to play (Evil Ryu, Oni, Hugo, Rolento) who weren't in Super. The balance is still tippy top tier, that hasn't been diminished.

Going back to Super now, to me, would just feel like a lesser version of the same thing. At least vanilla has different presentation and insane damage.

so according to TYM 16bit and pig of the hut have been banned from all Big E and shin blanka tournaments for apparently talking bad about it?

http://testyourmight.com/threads/regarding-the-news-with-16-bit-and-pig.45558/

edit
Holy shit if true
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4ECZcyMeKU

In short:

We were banned because we found out about Nec '13 rigging (kept quiet) and went into final round 2014 not happy they were running NRS games knowing what we knew. FR ended up being one of the worst ran tourneys ever . We voiced our opinion and then were told we were banned. We have tried since April on Facebook, emails, Skype , calls to reconcile and be the bigger men. I have proof of every attempt and they are being ridiculous.

Yeah, it's true. Well to be accurate we're not sure on Big E events. He won't give us a clear answer. Shin Blanka told us if we go to TFC or FR he will call the police and have us ejected. He also threatened a lawsuit if we recommend players go to other tournaments. I'm not a law expert but based on watching TV I don't think that is a strong case lol.

The gist is Pig and I have been critical of those tournaments for a while now. The NRS side of them are often run very poorly in our opinions. Final Round was the last straw. That was the worst tournament I've ever been to. We were extremely vocal about that and they've been mad at us since. A couple of months ago players from that region started asking us to make peace since it's dividing the community. We tried, they weren't interested, and there you have it.

which page is that on

its in the video

Yeah, it's true. Well to be accurate we're not sure on Big E events. He won't give us a clear answer. Shin Blanka told us if we go to TFC or FR he will call the police and have us ejected. He also threatened a lawsuit if we recommend players go to other tournaments. I'm not a law expert but based on watching TV I don't think that is a strong case lol.

The gist is Pig and I have been critical of those tournaments for a while now. The NRS side of them are often run very poorly in our opinions. Final Round was the last straw. That was the worst tournament I've ever been to. We were extremely vocal about that and they've been mad at us since. A couple of months ago players from that region started asking us to make peace since it's dividing the community. We tried, they weren't interested, and there you have it.

lol? so bad

Top Bottom