• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Jan 5-11 | A World Warrior Demographic

Azure J

<3

Been working hard but all that's left for me is to wrap up Xrd top 8.

KiT has been amazing so far. I hope that it's been a good/profitable venture for you man.

That said, what is coop cup and what stream should I be paying attention to in order to see it?

Anne

When's that happening? Link?

11AM CST, FunkyP. If you missed everything up to top 8 you missed some actually really fun stuff.

Bracket starting from top 16 (right out of pools): http://challonge.com/KIT15_GGXrd_6PM_Top_16

Oh and KiT isn't my business venture, I literally just run tournaments and eat hot dogs and rice all day. I am so worn out though, literally 2 days straight of 5 tournaments w. Everybody here worked hella hard though so we got stuff done. 16 games total? Madness.

Azure J

Gotta give the Makoto player props for playing her best color though. On another note, I didn't know the Mak/Yang matchup could be so crazy.

Azure J

Why is the 3S version of Yun's theme so goddamned good? Holy shit, the difference between it and the character theme version in SFIV is night and day.

NEO0MJ

Why is the 3S version of Yun's theme so goddamned good? Holy shit, the difference between it and the character theme version in SFIV is night and day.

I just hate how low quality the audio sounds in 3S. Like, it was recorded with a walkman mic and then put in the game.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
I don't suppose you can upload Top 16 to youtube soon? I just saw that Eli Curry made Top 8, but I can't watch Twitch archives on mobile (my laptop broke yesterday).
No can do until later this week. In theory I could start uploading tomorrow afternoon but I wouldn't be able to really check the audio in the venue since I can't really hear it over the room noise.

Not to take away anything from your boy, but SBK choked hard. -_-

Watching cooperation cup has made me wonder, if their were a Edition Select in SF3 how would top tiers from the previous version stack up to Yun, Chun, and Ken in 3S? I always hear about how good Ibuki, Akuma, and Sean was in 2nd Impact. Were those characters along with whoever was top in New Generation better, worse, or on par with the 3S top tiers?

Rhapsody

Banned
Watching cooperation cup has made me wonder, if their were a Edition Select in SF3 how would top tiers from the previous version stack up to Yun, Chun, and Ken in 3S? I always hear about how good Ibuki, Akuma, and Sean was in 2nd Impact. Were those characters along with whoever was top in New Generation better, worse, or on par with the 3S top tiers?

I'd say better. At the very least Ibuki. Ibuki was ridiculous. 100 percent stun combos into death I think?

SwiftRage.png

CPS2

I'd say better. At the very least Ibuki. Ibuki was ridiculous. 100 percent stun combos into death I think?
She definitely has those. And they got rid of that awesome super that puts them in a juggle state after 2i. I don't really remember how her damage compares to 3s characters but I remember when I was messing around with 2i ibuki I'd have to put the damage at the lowest setting because otherwise it was too easy to just kill the opponent without seeing where the combos can end up.

Btw I have a feeling NG characters would break a SF3 edition select game. 2i and 3s would be pretty funny by themselves... its probably not a good series for edition select, I just wish they added some of the old backgrounds to 3so or something.

alstein

NG Ibuki would dominate the game totally with triple option select parries into infinites.

Top Bottom