• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Jan 5-11 | A World Warrior Demographic

If you guys subscribe to Tokidoblog on youtube there have been a couple of videos with hours of footage of Xiaohai and his friend(I forget his name) playing the Evil Ryu mirror. I have no idea if it was in preparation to face Daigo at some point but he's probably very experienced in this match up.

This was like a close version of Infiltration vs Daigo from a few years ago. Like Infiltration, Xiaohai kept reading Daigo's fireballs and getting jump in combos over and over.

welp

fJrbtPY.gif

Daigo's spacing with his fireballs was so fucking bad this set. Xaio Hai got 10+ jump ins over his fireballs and Daigo didn't jump in once.

Some matchup unfamiliarity on Daigo's side but nigga damn. Stop throwing those close fireballs.

Because Daigo has had so many close games, another loss could lose the tournament for him. Kazunoko despite having less wins has the same match differential.

Because Daigo has had so many close games, another loss could lose the tournament for him. Kazunoko despite having less wins has the same match differential.

I thought head 2 head was the first tie breaker, and then game differential? That would put Daigo over Kazunoko even in the case of a tie.

He was stubborn being a meter hog while xiaohai was more ready and willing to relinquish his bar for ex fireballs and dp fadc to keep his neutral position.

Pretty much, everybody including Xiaohai knew what Daigo wanted in that one game where he did kara demon to try and finish Xiaohai. Which is why he just held up back on wake up to escape it. It worked in other match ups, but not so much in this one since it's mainly a fireball match up.

shouldn't the player to player results be the second tie breaker behind match differential? doing it the other way seems weird

I know which is why I said that. Kazunoko, Luffy, and Snake Eyez can still win if Daigo loses 1 more.

ah, i see what you're sayin. i misunderstood

How are the E. Ryu vs Zangief and Rose matchups? Those are all key match ups today that could decide the tournament.

I think Gief vs Evil Ryu is either even or slightly in Evil Ryu's favor. Evil Ryu/Rose is in Rose's favor but Daigo seems to be really good in the Rose match up. He beat Louffy last year with Ryu and beat him 3-1 in a money match before Capcom Cup. Which may not really count if they weren't playing that seriously considering what was on the line later that weekend.

Top Bottom