• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | July 7-13 | EVO 2014: Putting Q in more games than Capcom

Unlucky

I'll wear a Q mask if someone can make my eye spark thing coming out of it.
cjknnlj.png

IMO, hitboxes should be as close to animations as possible. If they didn't want Hugo to get hit by it while crouching, he should crouch lower to the ground.
He's gigantic. I don't think there's anything they could've done. A lower crouch would've messed up other things.

Plus there's other moves in the game that function similar to high tiger shot, as in they only hit characters in a specific state. They also look dumb when they miss.

He's gigantic. I don't think there's anything they could've done. A lower crouch would've messed up other things.

Plus there's other moves in the game that function similar to high tiger shot, as in they only hit characters in a specific state. They also look dumb when they miss.
But do they look that dumb?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
IMO, hitboxes should be as close to animations as possible. If they didn't want Hugo to get hit by it while crouching, he should crouch lower to the ground.
I really do wish I could play the early build of SF4 where the model interaction actually determined when an attack connects.

Has any game actually done that? Where the hit boxes are the animations?

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
I really do wish I could play the early build of SF4 where the model interaction actually determined when an attack connects.

I played that, you really don't want to try it

But do they look that dumb?
Ehhh they look pretty stupid. High tiger shot dumb? I dunno. I believe Guy's HK hurricane kick doesn't hit opponents on the ground, so he will kick right through their face.

T.Hawk's j. D+MP doesn't hit anyone on the ground either. That move confused the hell out of me for quite a while. Hawks elbow will go right through the other characters head.

hugo is the extreme. There is no way to make him crouch lower. What did you want? Give hugo chris' crouch and have him pull out a gun?
Hunch him over a bit more. ;)

Or just let him get hit by high Tiger Shot.

Skullgirls matches everything pretty well. And you know it since the game lets you view hitboxes!

I played that, you really don't want to try it
I can see how it could be a problem in situations like DP vs. Slide. Is that what you are talking about?

Valle shoulda went to Rolento. Then I take it he's just using tonight to practice on Hugo

E: Chris getting bodied too. Great matches tonight

Shito

The Frenchie knows a thing or two about food. They are really underrated since everyone loves to suck on the Italian sausage.
Do they? As a French I find this really strange to hear: I love italian food just as much as the next guy, but it's pretty limited in its scope. They only do a few things, but they do it really well.
To me, France and Japan both have the best food tradition in the world. Hands down. S-tiers.
That being said, I'm now hungry for some good pasta... damn you FGC gaf!

Shito

I think I'm finally getting bored of seeing Smug play each and every week. I don't know why, but I need something fresh...
I still love seeing Veloc1raptor's gouken, though!

Top Bottom