• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | July 7-13 | EVO 2014: Putting Q in more games than Capcom

Kumubou

In non-Evo news, French Bread finally did it:

BsLxJxJCQAAY3WU.jpg:large

They defeated the hateful BlazBlueArcSys by getting an actual rematch option into a game they (co)developed.

Marvel normally gets its own night. I wasn't even expecting any Marvel last night until I read the stream banner.

Well this wasn't Marvel's night. You can't expect to get pampered when you get like one fourth of the numbers of the main game.

The reason Super Arcade ran SF and UMVC3 together is to drive a huge burst of business before the arcade renovations. But it's a little difficult to run a tournament close to major numbers in one night already. It was 3 in the morning before they even had a top 8. My guess is Kapwan and Valle were more concerned with finishing everything and getting people out of there than potentially extending the tournament even longer...for the sake of catering to a marvel minion audience.

Secondly, aren't you the guy who proudly proclaimed that Marvel will never die as long as it gets entries at majors? Look, Marvel can get whatever entries, but that doesn't mean it's always guaranteed it's own night or it's own time slot or whatever. I think people who truly want to keep the game alive need to realize that.

Unlucky

I missed the boat on photoshopping requests didn't I?
There's still several people on the list of unfulfilled EVO avatar requests. I've been kind of busy but I'm going to try to do some of them tonight, or maybe someone else can hook you up. I can add you to the list. Any special request?

Edit: Anyone who requested an avatar who is not on the list, check back in the thread to see if someone made you one (if so I took you off the list). Otherwise it's an oversight; post and I'll add you to the list.

In non-Evo news, French Bread finally did it:

They defeated the hateful BlazBlueArcSys by getting an actual rematch option into a game they (co)developed.

I've only recently begun to pay attention to UNIB, and I must say I really want to play it.

Now I hear that it'll have full setups at EVO, no less. Damn, now I'm starting to regret not going.

Busaiku

Eh, Persona 4 Arena Ultimax isn't too bad for me.
It's coming in during smaller games like Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call and Hyrule Warriors, which I'll probably get through in like a weekend or a week.
Super Smash Bros is pretty close, but at least it's not sandwiched among the RPGs in late October/November.

alstein

I think I might make a thread about this, but it is really hard to balance competitive multiplayer gaming and single player experiences.

Persona does a good job of keeping the two separate.

To me, a bad job is when you have to play SP content to access MP content- like SFIV Vanilla or Soul Calibur games.

Exr

Will the new Persona have a community or am I smarter to just wait for Guilty Gear? I liked the boxer (don't know shit about Persona) in the first one but didn't play it much since I heard it was dead pretty quickly.

Horseress

I thought you learned that during your last alcohol influenced romp through console war threads, horse!

I didn't insulted anyone directly that time, I acted like a complete jerk, it's different

EDIT: thinking about it, insulting people may be acting like a jerk....don't worry mods, I learned my lesson, that was a rough week on the streets

Did Snake Eyes win last night? I tapped out around 3:10am pac

http://levelup.challonge.com/wnfae_2014_evo_usf4

Supreme Champion:
snake eyez (zangief)

Worthy Adversary:
pho mai | keno

Maybe Next Time:
mcz marq teddy

4th place:
filipinoman

5th place tie:
NGL Brentt
r/kappa alex myers

7th place tie:
kbrad
VS|EMP nuckledu

9th place tie:
veloc1raptor
gg chris g
pie zeus
iansanity

13th place tie:
NGL Chris
gabe
combojack
nekromantik

17th place tie:
pie smug
valle
wl chris king
gootecks
JD
arrow
etr
eddie griffin

25th place tie:
blockbuster jon
pie lee chung
stupendous
krash
macho man sagat
damdai
onions
Tekken Tim

33rd place tie:
ugc vicious
w8 driftwood
hungbee
twitchcop mike ross
paul lee
dchong
gg sherryjenix
bluasterisk
ex
airic
mister fister
combo kash
red venom
rekkoha
elvis
cc

49th place tie:
team sea slug
ybg a1saucedaboss
jc
miller time
genesis
fno capcoms hero
crazy salvi
jared
ghost
clf epi
cj
56kSlim
fuson909
ericksonnn
seeya
SSA BushinStyle

65th place tie:
kensouzzang
shbl tim
snake aes (chun li)
Yuri BoyKa
noel brown
moxy
super yan
jason s
wanton
dirty dan
step master ryan
pattheflip
hate crimes
mambosauce
slick 626
muffin man
jonny del negro
micronuke
blaqskillz
raytheist
grandmaster j
longerbone
hella panic switch
farbod
amir
justified
futile
dmansland
dashxrendar
ross
emoney
thugloaf

97th place tie:
koryu
the street sweeper
frq sonic boom brad
bigmrsan
radical edward
migada
honeybadger
mlp triox
oddjobs
clf montes
wings
frodo
gswong
froggy punch
tk rush
biddofshah
donsanity
toothy
DataDog
squiznid
chompson
joshimitsu
whistles
honest abe
pickachu daddy
pimparoo
the absolute
cosmic pipe
tus nalgas
kongk4
abyss
galz

129th place tie:
timmy tang
grace
tin
curry bear
retro ric
slick nick
evacuate heaven
WOLFOFD3ATH
3face
jonsf
vs fei long
bye 4
bye 5
william hung lee

smurfx

get some go again
so who won marvel at wnf yesterday? they never updated the bracket. it was chris g vs paradigm. i'm assuming chris g won since he came from winners and it was chris g who put paradigm in losers.

Top Bottom