• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | July 7-13 | EVO 2014: Putting Q in more games than Capcom

Imm0rt4l

Kbrad called it, marq teddy and veloc1raptor don't like eachother. You really can see it in their play. Marq was playing like a straight asshole.

Lol smug/chris g wasn't even stream? That sucks...

Just tune back in and they talking about pool parties : (. I miss vegas pool parties.

I did encore, drais, tao, daylight, and wet republic all on my last trip.

Shit was amazing! Did marquee at night too.

Random question does the stream ever randomly freeze for you guys when watching on the twitch app on Android?

Shit happens to me all the time, I have to back out and re select the stream.

It happens at the worst fucking times.... ugh that app sucks.

And did they change balrog ultra juggle? I notice keno whiffing the first and 4th punch on the juggle.

Ugh... I really need to download ultra lol....

Almost top 8

Winners

Snake Eyes vs Marq Teddy
Keno vs Alex Myers

Losers

Brent vs Zeus
KBrad vs Chris G
Filipinoman
Nuckledu vs Insanity

Imm0rt4l

To be fair NLBC could still do well against wnf in a team tourney. But the assertion that NLBC could just come to wnf and dominate free was always laughable.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Hunch him over a bit more. ;)

Or just let him get hit by high Tiger Shot.

Skullgirls matches everything pretty well. And you know it since the game lets you view hitboxes!

I can see how it could be a problem in situations like DP vs. Slide. Is that what you are talking about?

Yea, that and any kind of hurricane kick was kind of annoying to deal with. It was hard to judge a lot of moves due to the animation.

cjknnlj.png

Thanks! :D

Marz

Hope they've done something to improve how it controls on 3DS because that seems to be the number one complaint with that version. I can't even imagine trying to play Smash on the 3DS, my hands start to hurt after playing a couple levels of Shovel Knight.

On the XL?

Hope they've done something to improve how it controls on 3DS because that seems to be the number one complaint with that version. I can't even imagine trying to play Smash on the 3DS, my hands start to hurt after playing a couple levels of Shovel Knight.

2DS imo. Best ergonomics of any DS platform.

.la1n

On the XL?

Yeah, the XL. The OG was even worse but the XL I can tolerate depending on the game I am playing. It's just very cramped feeling for my hands. I think the 2DS may have been the better option for me but I was dead set on getting an XL after my OG broke.

JeTmAn81

Reviewed the WNF archives from last night, disappointed at six hours of SF and exactly zero hours of Marvel despite it actually being played on a Wednesday.

Yeah, the XL. The OG was even worse but the XL I can tolerate depending on the game I am playing. It's just very cramped feeling for my hands. I think the 2DS may have been the better option for me but I was dead set on getting an XL after my OG broke.

Strange, I've got big hands but I've never had any trouble with the 3DS, either regular or XL. Of course, I've never spent the kind of long hours on the 3DS that I have on the Vita (no problem there either). I expect that to change with Smash 3DS.

.la1n

Reviewed the WNF archives from last night, disappointed at six hours of SF and exactly zero hours of Marvel despite it actually being played on a Wednesday.

Ultra is the new game right now with tech still being figured out, of course it was going to get all the stream time.

Strange, I've got big hands but I've never had any trouble with the 3DS, either regular or XL. Of course, I've never spent the kind of long hours on the 3DS that I have on the Vita (no problem there either). I expect that to change with Smash 3DS.

insert marvel dying quote/chris g most likely winning anyways

JeTmAn81

You had Smug, Zeus, Damdai, Kbrad etc at WNF and you want them to stream marvel?

Yes, or take it off the stream banner. A lot of great Marvel players were there too. What's the point of having that tournament and not streaming at least a bit of it? Most of the SF matches were just typical west coast players fighting each other as usual, and it was the same old WNF'ers in grand finals as well.

Top Bottom