• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | July 7-13 | EVO 2014: Putting Q in more games than Capcom

JeTmAn81

so who won marvel at wnf yesterday? they never updated the bracket. it was chris g vs paradigm. i'm assuming chris g won since he came from winners and it was chris g who put paradigm in losers.

Marvel doesn't matter. Don't ask any questions about it or acknowledge it was played. Silly.

Beckx

BsNiB1CCMAADGsD.jpg

http://t.co/OAL4Ksjhn6

Rhapsody

Banned
Not too sure I get it. What's stopping the opponent from jumping before Sukukaja's active frames? Or is it just not possible to do anything but block shortly after spinstate?

The latter, yes. It's just like when Yosuke used to do grab OMC into Tentarafoo or how Yukiko can now 5AAA into unblockable Agi.
You're not allowed to do anything like reversals and whatnot.

Edit: Beaten with a video

Double Edit: This exists in BB as well on stagger states if anyone was curious

I can't insult people here? Good to know
There's an art to it - implying things, "elaborating" on other people's jabs, kicking someone while they're down, etc. - which I've yet to master. Can't just throw slurs around, that's uncivilized. But someday, I will master it! And then...well, I can't actually think of anything practical to do with that.

Vita about to have success confirmed.
The Vita still has a lack of goodwill, and Skullgirls is about dead-even - sounds like a net gain for the Vita.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm23971644

Note the spinstate > unblock thing is a combo extension, not a reset/mix up.

Ah, that explains a lot about these P4AU combo videos, thanks.
And it looks like that's old news, too - I knew dropping out of Arena 4 months in would backfire eventually!
It was obvious that Shooting Star was going to be prime ender material for combos that lead into Sukukaja, but it seems like the angle of the super alone opens up so much stuff for him. So, should I be panicking here, or is this super-duper optimal stuff?

kirblar

If you need help insulting people, watch all the Rupaul's Drag Race content you can take.

That's basically half of what they do for a living.

Anne

If you're curious, people have been saying Yosuke is S tier for awhile and we haven't really been debating it :v

I just finished my third short film, a romantic comedy starring a third strike nerd who falls for a disney geek and gets bopped when she walks by. Made a thread about it in the OT, even.

Don't want to spam/crosspost the link, but you can PM me if you want to see it or go to that thread to check it out!

Post the link

PK Gaming

Why people feel that? I know why Narukami and Aegis is silly but why Yosuke? What puts him over the top?

V-slash gives him hard knockdown on his combos. In P4A, his combos put his enemy back in neutral.

Also, he actually does damage outside of counterhit now.

Anne

Yosuke can knock you down to end combos. His KD basically says you're going to deal with a ton of shit before you think about playing again. On top of his movement and neutral being good, he can keep momentum and just kill you. His damage is still relatively low outside of situational hits, but he gets some every now and then. When you think about things MU wise, Yosuke is probably going to be pretty well off.

The current opinion on tiers in the game is pretty interesting if anything. Yosuke being good isn't a huge shocker. Naoto shooting up in tiers was a bit surprising after SMP disappeared.

The Light

The MK9 side tournament has a pot of almost $2,000 right now.

Also klassic MK PDP sticks are given to the winner and runner-up! I don't think anyone was expecting this to get so much support. That MK fire has been lit!
Props to Claude Von Stroke and Pig for putting this together!

Top Bottom