• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 11-17

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
If ChrisG had built that team around Hawkeye he would've won free. Hawkeye has great match ups against all 3 of those characters as they are all fliers/air dashers. None of those assists really benefit Hawkeye on point.

ChrisG feels that FChamp is his biggest threat to the EVO title and he is right. He is going to be hitting the lab to come up with a counter team, I can almost taste it. His brain was going at 10x speed playing those matches, switching around team orders and experimenting on the fly. That was valuable match up experience for him.

What Hawkeye team would you recommend?

Dahbomb

What Hawkeye team would you recommend?
Hawkeye/Doom/Strider

Free. Hawkeye can convert a combo from Strider meaning they aren't safe anywhere. Missiles for the added chip and harassment. Pretty much a counter team to Morrigan and Dorm as long as you don't lose Hawkeye.

You can even put Vergil somewhere in there, Rapid Slash is sexy for Hawkeye.

I really hope more players watched that match and add in Hawkeye, we haven't been seeing too much of that character lately even though he was all over beginning of Ultimate. In terms of zoning, Hawkeye has every character beat although he needs assists to establish his dominance.

If ChrisG had built that team around Hawkeye he would've won free. Hawkeye has great match ups against all 3 of those characters as they are all fliers/air dashers. None of those assists really benefit Hawkeye on point.
You mean like backing Hawkeye with...HIDDEN MISSILES?! Hahahahahahaha! *breaks down crying*

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
I think you're right.
People called me stupid when I said the easiest way to beat Astral Missiles is to out-lame it. Certainly seems like a better option than rushing in against someone who's shooting at you from every direction.

If he comes up with a Hawkeye team that compliments him with a good projectile assist to fill his gaps he could do some real work. Only teleporters really fuck it up but if you're on-point you can stuff a lot of teleports with Speed Shot.

This is very late, but I had to make it.

xvwrl.jpg

Dorm just has to switch over to rushdown mode though. Which is more equal. If you try to zone Hawkeye, you deserve to lose.
Dormammu can't rush Hawkeye for shit. Hawkeye's j.H is ridiculously good as an anti-air. I've never been able to touch a Hawkeye player when trying to rush with Dormammu. I have to unload the Stalking Flares to have a chance, or do a lot of aerial Liberations into Chaotic Flame (or into Stalking Flare if I had 1D2C charged).

I know you said it, but I still wanted to ask it.

This is pretty much the biggest draw to this game for me. Watching the bullshit (I say this endearingly) get built up then torn down in spectacular fashion is just so awesome.

ST basically became a game of who picks what character during the first match up correct wins.

I've once watch a match with Afro Cole vs Afro Legends

(This was in winners they did blind pick)

Cole went Sim, Legend I forgot but it was a mad match up for him (maybe rog?) = Cole 1-0.
Legend counter pick = 1-1
Cole counter pick legend's counter pick. Cole wins 2-1.

They meet again in grand finals. First set first match = blind pick.
Legends get the better match up = Legend 1-0.
Cole counter picks. = 1-1
Legend counter pick Cole's counter pick = Legend 2-1
Cole counter's pick. = 2-2
Legend counter pick = legend wins first set 3-2.

Grand Final 2nd set = same exact shit happened whoever won the first match won because they just alternate victories after that.

I wonder if Marvel will ever end up like that. For example Champ goes his Dorm team on Chris G MorrDoom. So Chris goes Hawkeye then Champs goes Phoenix. That would be total lulz.

Wait which one is speed shot?

My anti-Vergil tech is pray that they're not smart enough to call an assist and use st. M to hit the teleport.

QCB M, H.

Fighting Vergil with Hawkeye is an exercise in frustration. Let me put on my hula hoop so I can come towards you for free. Or use my stupid 'ports, or my huge normals...who wanted him again
besides Dahbomb :3
?

QCB M, H.

Fighting Vergil with Hawkeye is an exercise in frustration. Let me put on my hula hoop so I can come towards you for free. Or use my stupid 'ports, or my huge normals...who wanted him again
besides Dahbomb :3
?
I think he'd be pretty fair if Spiral Swords was made a level 2 and/or nerfed.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
I think he'd be pretty fair if Spiral Swords was made a level 2 and/or nerfed.
Spiral Swords should just have much lower durability. I think it's fine that he can use it to tear through normal projectiles/beams with near-impunity, but the fact that he can do that to a lot of hypers as well is just silly.

Azure J

Spiral Swords should just have much lower durability. I think it's fine that he can use it to tear through normal projectiles/beams with near-impunity, but the fact that he can do that to a lot of hypers as well is just silly.

Pretty much. I have no problems with it eating things like regular projectiles, but when you can put it on and move freely through a full Okami Shuffle like it's not even happening, I absolutely feel the need to call bullshit. :lol

That is one long ass arm reach from Art lol

Big two was amazing, missed the last hour or so but it went pretty much how I thought it would.

My beloved east coast is on blast, this is the type of rivalry that makes me want to play the game seriously and get out there to body some west coast! haha Nah but good shit to west coast coming down, please visit more often!

"THIS MY BNB, I NEVER FUCK IT UP!"

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
bluerei made those icons give the man some love.

Top Bottom