• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 15-21 | 16 is barely okay

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Vulva ain't leaking out the dets to the questions. You better do so son, or we gonna have problems.

CEO is second to EVO, but I wouldn't say right next to. It's a distant second. Last year for example, EVO had about five times as many entries at CEO in SF4.

My mistake, it is 2nd but as you said quite weak in comparison to EVO.

i really want to know the circumstances that lead to boob jiggle being a bug
YAxis_Boobbounce = 50 instead of 5
Haha, I was going to say someone accidentally added a zero.

Bison has no charge requirement for moves while in super saiyan mode...

wut
Aw yiss.

James Chen: "Mike Ross is not about reads at all... he just rolls the dice and gets lucky sometimes!"

2618366.jpg
So it's not just a Marvel thing? He's always like that?

Dahbomb

Not gonna lie, I do like that Capcom is giving a grappler type character actual options and variety in playstyle. Birdie actually has some good normals for space control and his food toss gives him additional defensive options. Plus the chain for reads and various ways to get in.

But that design though...

Can you still mash through block strings like SFIV?

It's honestly my biggest question.
You mean mash reversal through block strings? Probably yes, people were getting blown up by SRKs all day when pressuring.

DRE Fei

Not gonna lie, I do like that Capcom is giving a grappler type character actual options and variety in playstyle. Birdie actually has some good normals for space control and his food toss gives him additional defensive options. Plus the chain for reads and various ways to get in.

The whole doughnut eating mind game reminds me of shun di from virtua fighter. "Do you turtle on the other side of the screen and give him the space to power up, or do you rush him down and get baited?"

NEO0MJ

Last few pages have been interesting...

Anyways KI PC, hype! Too bad it's next year. I guess it will come by the end of season 3?

Skilletor

You mean mash reversal through block strings? Probably yes, people were getting blown up by SRKs all day when pressuring.

To be fair, almost everybody was shitty we have no idea what blockstun is like, or how lenient the reversal window.

Rhapsody

Banned
It's amusing that I hear so many people are wanting Karin yet so many people have barely played Alpha 3 since I see so much hate for it.

And I know the Karin lovers aren't devoted CFJ players or anything like that lol

Sayad

Ultrachen: "Birdie is the best character in SFV right now."

tonystarefsjbb.gif
They already mentioned that he's more incomplete than the others, in the stream before the tournament they talked about some of his normals having no hurt box on the extended limb.

Dahbomb

Chen: "I don't know if there's a reason to be an Xbox One after that conference really..."

Ultradavid: "I don't know why you added that really at the end there."

DAMN!!!!!!

NEO0MJ

It's amusing that I hear so many people are wanting Karin yet so many people have barely played Alpha 3 since I see so much hate for it.

And I know the Karin lovers aren't devoted CFJ players or anything like that lol

She's one of those characters who's loved based on her design. Nothing wrong with that.

They already mentioned that he's more incomplete than the others, in the stream before the tournament they talked about some of his normals having no hurt box on the extended limb.

SO this isn't even his final form o:

zlatko

Banned
Skull girls on PC being less than $3.00 is crazy.

Too bad the game visually does nothing for me. That's a deal. 2 pack is $3.74 lol.

jerry1594

Oh ok thx. What type of gamestyle is it like in relation to the other SF's. Or is it none?
The motions in general are simpler compared to previous games. Links are easier, charge motions and 360s seem to be out. They say theyre going for an st like gameplay but this is the most offense based sf i've seen imo

Re-watching the matches, and the boob jiggle glitch happens with Cammy, too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYyhPk4b8cE

At 2:25 there is the K-Brad vs. PR Balrog Cammy mirror. P1 Cammy has no jiggle, P2 Cammy has jiggle.

Edit: Woah, white leotard Cammy has red eyes. Cool.

Edit x2: LOL, that awkward silence at 2:55. I forgot that was during this match.

The motions in general are simpler compared to previous games. Links are easier, charge motions and 360s seem to be out. They say theyre going for an st like gameplay but this is the most offense based sf i've seen imo
Bison is still charge-based. They just took charge inputs from Nash because he isn't supposed to play like Guile. More like Adon with a fireball.

Skilletor

Well damn, someone paid attention.

Are you still getting this game even though 1f links and 360 motions are gone? ;-)

Yep. Looks amazing.

not going to complain about stuff that's set in stone when literally everything else about the game looks and sounds fantastic.

I'll deal with easier execution. I just hope it's worth the change and brings in more people playing sf.

mbpm1

Bison is still charge-based. They just took charge inputs from Nash because he isn't supposed to play like Guile. More like Adon with a fireball.

Chun Li also still has charge for her fireball. The fact that her legs are qcf could be interesting, since you have to forgo on or the other in situations, but since charge time is faster in this game it probably won't mean much in the end.

Yep. Looks amazing.

not going to complain about stuff that's set in stone when literally everything else about the game looks and sounds fantastic.

I'll deal with easier execution. I just hope it's worth the change and brings in more people playing sf.
I don't know if it will. For enthusiasts like the folks in this thread, 1F to 3F is a world of difference. To the casual gamer, is it all that different? I wonder.

I do worry about the game not being deep enough, though. Losing a neutral option is a pretty big deal.

Chun Li also still has charge for her fireball. The fact that her legs are qcf could be interesting, since you have to forgo on or the other in situations, but since charge time is faster in this game it probably won't mean much in the end.
When Guile is eventually in, I wonder if they will give him the shortened charge times. Bison being able to Knee Press after two lights is pretty fast. That's...Skullgirls fast.

Skilletor

I don't know if it will. For enthusiasts like the folks in this thread, 1F to 3F is a world of difference. To the casual gamer, is it all that different? I wonder.

I do worry about the game not being deep enough, though. Losing a neutral option is a pretty big deal.

Nah, Casuals won't notice much. That's what target combos are for.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
You know, chun's not wearing any kind of restraint and she's a pretty busty girl. It would be weird if they didn't really jiggle much.
Just not like that lol

Dahbomb

3 frame is a big difference for casuals.

That's the difference between "I can never do this" and "I can do this sometimes".

Onemic

Casuals trying to do links will most definitely notice. How could they not considering that they have sloppier execution.

I still remember the reason why I initially went to Yun as my main over Ryu and Akuma when I first started playing SF4. Doing st.lp, st.mp, a 3 frame link was much easier to me than doing c.mp, c.hk or c.lp, c.mk.

Top Bottom