• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 15-21 | 16 is barely okay

jerry1594

Thus, Karin returns, with the radical changes we didn't expect
Karin becomes a 205 pound MMA fighter
When does Yatagarsu come out next month again?

Sucks to be that game IMO. No one will be touching it during that SF5 beta time lol...
PC beta isn't until like september. Either way i don't think it will get much attention.
Dragon's Crown Amazon joins the fight.
Alex goes rule 63. Another radical character shift.

Kalamari

When does Yatagarsu come out next month again?

Sucks to be that game IMO. No one will be touching it during that SF5 beta time lol...

July 7th.

Well, it will be hard to go back to Ultra after playing SFV for some people, maybe they will pick up Yata instead.

zlatko

Banned
I bet that M rating is from game over screens.

Remember SF3 ?

285455-alex%20header.jpg

Probably going to look more brutal now that it's 3D models, etc.

zlatko

Banned
Karin becomes a 205 pound MMA fighter

PC beta isn't until like september. Either way i don't think it will get much attention.

Alex goes rule 63. Another radical character shift.

PC beta for SF5 isn't until September? When was that confirmed?

Isn't PS4 beta next month July 23rd or something like that?

Good to see Yata will have a some initial hype to it.

zlatko

Banned
So we have CEO, EVO, then beta.

I predict:
Alex
New character
Both will be in beta

What do you guys think ?

Also, I wonder how much the beta will have for us to mess with. I imagine local VS, training mode, and an online fight a friend, fight a duder random online. Bout all I'm expecting.

Kumubou

PC beta for SF5 isn't until September? When was that confirmed?

Isn't PS4 beta next month July 23rd or something like that?

Good to see Yata will have a some initial hype to it.
The first beta (the one right after Evo) was confirmed to be PS4 only. The verbiage on the Steam page says that the PC beta is happening in the fall.

I predict:
Alex
New character
Both will be in beta

What do you guys think ?

Also, I wonder how much the beta will have for us to mess with. I imagine local VS, training mode, and an online fight a friend, fight a duder random online. Bout all I'm expecting.
I don't think CEO will have any character reveals, but I could see Evo having one. Evolution is the one fighting game event that actually gets some coverage on most gaming news sites.

The beta would not shock me if it was ranked play and that's it (with training mode while waiting for games in ranked). They may want to make testing the netcode and matchmaking priorities 1 through 12 (and it would probably be smart to do that).

zlatko

Banned
I would want to be able to play buddies as well in the beta online.

CEO was supposed to have playable SF5 on the floor right? I wouldn't be surprised if they did reveal someone there. I think they are getting covered by a big news channel outlet as well from what I read on here somewhere.

I just want a few more characters in the beta that are new to test out from scratch.

zlatko

Banned
UltrachenTV just let me know plinking is gone. Thank goodness.

No crouch tech, no option selects, no plinking, and easier on execution? This is a sexy game.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I would want to be able to play buddies as well in the beta online.

CEO was supposed to have playable SF5 on the floor right? I wouldn't be surprised if they did reveal someone there. I think they are getting covered by a big news channel outlet as well from what I read on here somewhere.

I just want a few more characters in the beta that are new to test out from scratch.

If I remember correctly, some news anchor's son is joining the smash 4 tournament so he's going to give coverage of the tournament. SFV will be playable at CEO according to the trailer, probably the same build from EVO. A character announcement does sound pretty godlike, CEO is right next to EVO in terms of hype/entrants.

Rean

I predict:
Alex
New character
Both will be in beta

What do you guys think ?

I'm pretty sure they'll show a new character or two during EVO, and I hope the beta will have Training Mode included. Maybe even some details on what they're doing with the story too.

El Sloth

Banned
I just heard Killer Instinct was announced for PC with Xbone crossplay. That's pretty cool. Might actually be able to play it now.

I'm expecting a reveal at EVO for sure. CEO, hmm, possible that they might get cute and do a reveal at both.

zlatko

Banned
How are there no option selects?

James Chen misspoke and cleared it up.

OS exists, but the game he claims limits how much an OS can cover.

Ex: Ryu does low forward into Fball. If Low forward hit, fball comes out. If Low forward whiffs, no fireball comes out.

Normal OS there.

But trying to cover several things at once like you can in SF4, not there.

Time will tell how OS heavy it is, but Chen claims its not as heavy on them.

. SFV will be playable at CEO according to the trailer, probably the same build from EVO. A character announcement does sound pretty godlike, CEO is right next to EVO in terms of hype/entrants.

CEO is second to EVO, but I wouldn't say right next to. It's a distant second. Last year for example, EVO had about five times as many entries at CEO in SF4.

I figured. It's completely out of place compared to everything else.

Other option is it's not a bug, it was put in there as a developer inside joke and they forgot to remove it.
More like it was put in there for the world premiere of public play to raise awareness. People are going to post that gif all over the place as a free advertisement.

vulva

James Chen misspoke and cleared it up.

OS exists, but the game he claims limits how much an OS can cover.

Ex: Ryu does low forward into Fball. If Low forward hit, fball comes out. If Low forward whiffs, no fireball comes out.

Normal OS there.

But trying to cover several things at once like you can in SF4, not there.

Time will tell how OS heavy it is, but Chen claims its not as heavy on them.
Way too early for claims like that

Onemic

Same reversal window as SFIV.

=/

I dont have a problem with that honestly. My problem with reversals in IV were how they could be made safe and possibly turn into a mixup for the baited opponent. Now a baited reversal in V will hurt a whole damn lot. Every time.

They seemed to also reduce invincibility on certain reversals. Like Ryu only has invincibility on his strong DP I think.(Based on what James Chen was saying)

Down to play some ST btw?

I noticed in I think one of the earlier matches with JWong, he dashed forward when in Psycho Power mode and immediately scissor kicked out of it. I was wondering if he somehow kept the charge but that explains that...

Also if you download the right potato characters in MUGEN, you can have a fighting game without option selects. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Top Bottom