• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 15-21 | 16 is barely okay

Gonna make a thread asking NeoGaf to help us Marvel lovers and vote for it later on today.

I voted 3 times with my 3 different XBL accounts. Kreygasm

Also, Nacho >>>>>> Daigo.
It's pretty great that Microsoft is doing this, but could there potentially be a licensing issue? Capcom might not be licensed to have the game on the XB1, or something stupid like that.

It's pretty great that Microsoft is doing this, but could there potentially be a licensing issue? Capcom might not be licensed to have the game on the XB1, or something stupid like that.
With Xbox BC on 360, some games would just "work" as a result of development time to get other more requested titles working.

Hopefully 360 BC on X1 is not set up behind a whitelist like Xbox BC on 360 was, but to be realistic, it probably is. :(

Can you help me better understand how VSav pushblock is different from Marvel pushblock?

iirc you hit a certain number of different buttons in a time frame to push block. like hitting 4 different attack buttons gives you like a 75% chance to push block. hitting 6 gives you 100%. have to be careful that you dont activate dark force and such

may not even be different, but dont think you can mash them all at once

With Xbox BC on 360, some games would just "work" as a result of development time to get other more requested titles working.

Hopefully 360 BC on X1 is not set up behind a whitelist like Xbox BC on 360 was, but to be realistic, it probably is. :(
I thought the announcement said that they needed to get permission from the publisher, which means Capcom would need to be in a position to be able to say "yes".

iirc you hit a certain number of different buttons in a time frame to push block. like hitting 4 different attack buttons gives you like a 75% chance to push block. hitting 6 gives you 100%. have to be careful that you dont activate dark force and such
Percentage-based? That is wild.

CurlyW

may not even be different, but dont think you can mash them all at once

*Push block not applicable for Anakaris

Anne

A game that works perfectly fine on a cheap console people have controllers for that you can find at any event, we want it to be on a console 4x the price that's rare at events outside of KI use that few people have controllers for.

Skilletor

A game that works perfectly fine on a cheap console people have controllers for that you can find at any event, we want it to be on a console 4x the price that's rare at events outside of KI use that few people have controllers for.

Exactly. Just odd to me is all. But whatever makes your boat float, lol.

The FGC, ladies and gentlemen.

Why not? It will still be on 360, and people with X1 can play. Why not be for it? How does it hurt old version.

Dahbomb

Some people have sold their 360s for XB1s and would like to play the game at home.

It's not that hard of a notion guys. Not everyone goes to tournaments to play fighting games on a stick.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends

Liked the video, hope Persia gets a better mic, it was a little off listening to her, like there was a muffle throughout the entire video.

Why not? It will still be on 360, and people with X1 can play. Why not be for it? How does it hurt old version.

Anne is basically saying we wanna throw away our money. I agree to a certain extent since it provides a disillusioned longevity of the game that we of the remaining hardcore want in any form or fashion. The game won't die but it won't be a main event in many upcoming tournaments with all the new FG's that have come out/coming out.

Then that's their fault for selling their 360 + library, I guess?

They wanna be part of the next-gen "cool" kids and not be left behind with their relics. People follow trends too strongly sadly.

alstein

Everyone who has a 360, PS3,. or PS4 stick has a PC controller.

That said, consoles are cheaper and standardized. The only game where I could see PC being used is KI, and that's because it's the only game that would be played on XB1, and there are other games that would be played on PC (KOF, possibly SG)

Best solution might be bringing XB1 controllers to the event as well if PC KI becomes relevant (I don't think it will)

Liked the video, hope Persia gets a better mic, it was a little off listening to her, like there was a muffle throughout the entire video.

Anne is basically saying we wanna throw away our money. I agree to a certain extent since it provides a disillusioned longevity of the game that we of the remaining hardcore want in any form or fashion. The game won't die but it won't be a main event in many upcoming tournaments with all the new FG's that have come out/coming out.

They wanna be part of the next-gen "cool" kids and not be left behind with their relics. People follow trends too strongly sadly.

What illusion? I don't think anybody thinks that. It's not gonna grow that game or ee are we gonna switch try X1 for tournaments. It's just like a why not and its a convenience thing.

What's this "cool kids" thing? What's wrong with wanting a new console.

Kimosabae

Banned
I don't find it unreasonable at all that people wouldn't want 5 systems hooked up to their entertainment center.

It sucks. And I only play like, 2 games.

Never played SSFII?

BOOM BAH!

i owned sf2 in DR. but i never picked deejay cause i thought he looked and played kinda lame.

also, Birdie is the true meatshield of sfv

PDBh0y9.jpg

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Wah yu seh bwoy?

i se dem cloks boi

What illusion? I don't think anybody thinks that. It's not gonna grow that game or ee are we gonna switch try X1 for tournaments. It's just like a why not and its a convenience thing.

What's this "cool kids" thing? What's wrong with wanting a new console.

You misunderstood me. The whole ongoing meme of marvel being dead makes people believe the actual game is dying. You joke about it long enough that it becomes true based on the joke. I only say illusion since we used to beg for a patch during the first 2 1/2 years of Ultimate's release. Also, I never mentioned growing, I said helping the longevity of the game. The numbers won't grow, but the people who play the game could possibly keep on playing it since its available on a new console with all of their new games.

Also, I was saying the cool kids thing in the context of what Beef said. If it was wrong to own a new console, I wouldn't want to live on this planet lol

That might be the case, I don't know how their license treats backwards compatibility on another console. But it's a way to show that people are interested in the franchise. Couldn't hurt.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
a few people mentioned he's been working on a new fighting game. (or am I thinking of Sirlin) interested in what it is.

I can see him making a cerebral non fg game. Indie fo lyfe yo

Edit:

Summer time eh? I smell some EVO in his mouth.

Top Bottom