• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 8-14 | We played a lot of SG and VF for some reason

Pappasman

tumblr_npvksbmqq31rucakvo1_540.gif
This is weird. He does a cr. lk, cr. mk, then tatsu. Smash doesn't have the buttons for lk and mk. This must mean ryu's down tilt is a double hit short forward. Or his down tilt is a short and his down B sticks out a cr. mk before the tatsu.

TheOGB

Banned
This is weird. He does a cr. lk, cr. mk, then tatsu. Smash doesn't have the buttons for lk and mk. This must mean ryu's down tilt is a double hit short forward. Or his down tilt is a short and his down B sticks out a cr. mk before the tatsu.
It's probably the former (or down tilt again for the cr. mk), and down smash his sweep (Tatsu is his side B). Kinda reminds me of Tatsunoko vs Capcom with the Wiimote.

Could be dtilt dsmash special. dtilt could also have a canned jab chain type thing.

Westlo

i dont care, just give her an ass. thats all im asking for so im not looking at a pancake butt when i see her play.

LKHgfVV.png

Damn right, pants or not pants, that shit don't matter yo. Cammy needs to get her ass down to Brazil and get some implants.

Also looking forward to seeing a quick moving character in this engine...

Vesperarcade said corner cross ups are out in the SRK SFV thread. Who knows, maybe a few moves made it through so the only way to find out is to test stuff out day one.

I don't think I'll even go online for the first few days. New mechanics, moves, characters, and changes to existing characters will give me lots of exploring to do.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
If Ryu's UpB kills better than Luigi's I'll play him for that

『Inaba Resident』;167634141 said:
Welcome to any smash discussion in any part of the internet.

Having a character from one fighting game put into one that is primarily characters from Nintendo games does not sit well with me at all, really. :/

Hyperbole or not that's just a weird ass sentence

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
That thread has some weird character bitching, like fuckin what
People got one of if not the most iconic fighting game characters and his just-as-beloved stage that people have been begging to come back in a game for years, and they found a way to complain.

Nope not even touching that.

People one of if not the most iconic fighting game character and his just-as-beloved stage that people have been begging to come back in a game for years, and they found a way to complain.

I think people should be glad for more 3rd party characters in general. That must take a lot of work on Nintendo's part to make happen...

shaowebb

Just gonna say it...why did we need karate guy in ANOTHER fighting game? Dude is boring and I'm pretty meh on him in Sm4sh no matter how he affects the meta. Seen it before dude...dont care. And thats coming from someone who mained him in MVC3 vanilla.
He's just boring.

Hyperbole or not that's just a weird ass sentence

I agree. I'm just used to seeing stupid ass stances like that when it comes to smash character discussion.

Just gonna say it...why did we need karate guy in ANOTHER fighting game? Dude is boring and I'm pretty meh on him in Sm4sh no matter how he affects the meta. Seen it before dude...dont care. And thats coming from someone who mained him in MVC3 vanilla.
He's just boring.

I've been wanting to use Ryu in smash for a long time.
I'm hyped as fuck.

He's just boring.

Ryu is boring in the same sense that people consider Superman boring.

He's iconic and the blueprint for his genre.

shaowebb

Ryu is boring in the same sense that people consider Superman boring.

He's iconic and the blueprint for his genre.

I can get that. I also find Superman boring so it fits. I find Superman a poor blueprint for stuff though. I just don't like Ryu always being the face thats chosen. I'd take Chun or Akuma over him. Hell even Bison. I know why Ryu was chosen because he's the SF face, but it doesn't make me feel better about it. He's a dull mascot whose entire character is karate guy who fights. Generic as it gets.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.

His voice bank has clips for Shinku Hadouken, Shakunetsu Hadouken, and multiple Shoryuken and Tatsumaki variants.

He doesn't have custom moves, either. So there's gotta be some kind of more complex input system in play for him or a meter mechanic or something.

He's just boring.

This post is bad and you should feel bad.

shaowebb

His voice bank has clips for Shinku Hadouken, Shakunetsu Hadouken, and multiple Shoryuken and Tatsumaki variants.

He doesn't have custom moves, either. So there's gotta be some kind of more complex input system in play for him or a meter mechanic or something.

This post is bad and you should feel bad.

I ain't even sorry for saying a boring generic dude getting shoved in everything bores me. He's a character who does little to excite me.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
He's just boring.
You don't need anything. I'm not too hot on the character in the context of Smash either, but the sentiment of a crossover character of the sort showing up in another crossover game and just getting upset over that notion, c'mon now.

Ken should've been in instead, since he's not in sf5.
Ken ain't even in as an alt.

U Mad Max?

shaowebb

You don't need anything. I'm not too hot on the character in the context of Smash either, but the sentiment of a crossover character of the sort showing up in another crossover game and just getting upset over that notion, c'mon now.

Ken ain't even in as an alt.

U Mad Max?

Cmon yourself. I can point out what we all know. He's a dude in a bandanna and karate gi. He has next to no personality. He's a throwback template from the 80's thats dull. I find it dull. Simple as that. You like him...like him. Thats fine, but I'll at least say he's a dull character and it gets old seeing him in everything.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Ryu's trophy is gonna be cool, it's gonna list SSF4 3DS and Alpha 3 GBA as games he's appeared in. Want to see someone's face looking at these goin like "what the hell is wrong with this series"

Crocodile

『Inaba Resident』;167634141 said:
Welcome to any smash discussion in any part of the internet.

The paychecks Nintendo write Sakurai must be pretty big for the man to continue to put up with the nonsense he has to deal with from the fanbase :(

People got one of if not the most iconic fighting game characters and his just-as-beloved stage that people have been begging to come back in a game for years, and they found a way to complain.

The people bitching probably aren't the same people who respect Ryu's legacy and/or like the character. Its still dumb as all hell though

So I'm used to using xbox controllers on PC (either 360 or xbox one) and having them just automatically work in everything. This Hori FC4 is a PS3/PS4 pad and so far it's just not recognized at all in a lot of the games I've tried it in. Do you have to do something special to make playstation controllers work on Windows?

Top Bottom